• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Apple Help How can I remove these events? Theyre So annoying

    Apple Help How can I remove these events? Theyre So annoying


    How can I remove these events? Theyre So annoying

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    My auto-correction and text prediction is acting up really weird on my iPhone 11 pro max - how can I fix/reset it?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    I think this happened after I updated my phone - for example when I was typing the word 'prediction' in the title right now, I typed 'pre' and when the suggestion popped up for the word prediction and I tapped it, it inserted the word preprediction (it basically adds the word to what I had typed in instead of replacing it).

    Additionally, although I am typing things correctly, my iPhone is autocorrecting things that don't need to be autocorrected and a lot of what I'm typing is coming out as complete Bering (the word Bering for example was supposed to be gibberish).

    Typing anything is becoming a nightmare - is this a known issue or is there a way to reset all this? Please help!

    submitted by /u/NIMSS88
    [link] [comments]

    Battery life seems way shorter after updating to IOS 13.6

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    So basically my battery seems way shorter. Here's an example, when I went to sleep few hours it was at 90%, I went to bed for a few hours and it was at 84% ( it went down tow percent each hour) what causes this?

    Edit: ok so I have some things to add, I read some articles talking about this bug so it's not just me

    When I came back from work I noticed that from 10am-1pm it only went down 1% (so here's hoping it goes back to normal)

    I would also like to add that I updated my iPhone on a Saturday so 3days ago

    So do you guys think that it's just a software bug and I shouldn't worry (like I should just tough it out until iOS 13.6.1)

    Also thanks to everyone who commented

    Edit 2: Some one mentioned that it could be malware. Could it be that, or is it just a bug introduced via the new update?

    submitted by /u/CyberFire068
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s suddenly overheating and getting temperature warning - what could it be?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    My sisters iPhone 6s has suddenly started overheating and shutting down every few minutes. It's so hot you can't really hold it long. She got it brand new only a little over a year ago. No drops or water damage. Battery health is still close to 90%. Warranty is gone though.

    Any idea what it could be?

    I tried hard reset, closing all apps, turning off data.

    Attached are photos of what's happening https://imgur.com/a/rmimcld/

    submitted by /u/Baykey123
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X faceID won’t work but the Animoji works??

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    TLDR: FaceID suddenly stopped working, history of my phone and research conducted and I determined that it must be the TrueDepth camera that's broken but my Animoji feature on my message app works perfectly fine. Issue happened very quickly after my 2nd anniversary of getting the phone and a software update.

    Hello! My iPhone X suddenly stopped being able to detect my face for FaceID. I tried resetting it numerous times and it always says to move my iPhone lower or higher and it never ever works. My phone is 2 years old as of June and I have always had it in a case and have had zero issues until the FaceID issue. I thought it was weird and did research and everything on google lead to the TrueDepth camera and it can't be fixed. I was like whatever I'll just deal with it.

    I just tried to send an Animoji to a friend and it was able to detect and follow every movement of my face!! How is that possible if I can't even set up FaceID bc the TrueDepth camera is "broken" ?????

    Edit: typos

    submitted by /u/sicsicsickkk
    [link] [comments]

    Help with iMessages and SMS sharing

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    I have recently been sending some texts my parents would not approve of. I deleted the texts obviously. I would like to know, if my parents sign in to my apple id through their phone, can they see my messages? if they can, can they see my deleted messages? and is there any way to unlink my existing messages from my apple id so they cannot see them? please give me some info.

    submitted by /u/deeppizza1000
    [link] [comments]

    iMac. Drive died, trying to install operating system on this for a family member. Can't type on the screen with 'magic keyboard' or wired windows pattern keyboard.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    my photos take up 38 gigabytes of storage even though i only have seven hundred pictures. any clue why?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Error message while manually installing windows 8

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    So I made a post here before about a different problem I had about installing windows on my MacBook pro and someone suggested that I should install windows 8 instead since I was installing windows 10 before I did just that and it seemed to work until the installing windows part I keep getting this error message that says "windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows restart the installation" I was confused for a second and restarted it but I got the same message over and over again. Is there some way that I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/The_normalperson
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best external hardrives to use with Time Machine?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    Im in need of a new one, and I never have any idea which ones are the best.

    submitted by /u/lionsagechisel
    [link] [comments]

    Don't fall asleep while wearing AirPods! Woke up and found it in multiple pieces. Anyone ever have an issue like this?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    macbook pro 2017 screen error

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Trying to erase and reset, can anyone help me?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    PDF not uploading properly to resume readers

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm currently working on applying for a new job with a resume I created in Pages. It's a pretty standard resume with lines and bullet points being the "craziest" part about it. I always export to PDF for my applications. I've noticed that if I let the computer fill in blanks on the application website using the PDF as reference (auto fill so I don't have to type everything twice) it always converts "ti" to "/" or "[blank]".

    For example:

    Resume/PDF: "Sent out retirement account updates on time every quarter"

    Application auto fill: "Sent out re/rement account updates on me every quarter"

    Because this happened on every application process I've tried so far (about 20) as well as LinkedIn and other job sites, I'm thinking this is a mac/pages problem and not their software problem.

    I'm using the latest update of MacOS 10.15 Catalina and latest update of Pages.

    Any help is appreciated, as I'm worried this may be affecting my potential for getting call backs, even when I go through and correct the problem manually.

    submitted by /u/Edge_23
    [link] [comments]

    Got a late 2008 24" iMac recently, aside from having linux instead of mac installed, it also has this line going across the screen that turns blue in 2 spots. Do I have a bad GPU or bad display? I can't tell.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro 2015 & MBA 2020- The Differences?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I am new to this SR so I am sorry if I am committing any error. I have a MBP 2K15 which has got a lot of problems. I am planning to get MBA 2020 with the magic keyboard.

    Can anyone tell me what are the differences b/w the two. I think my MBP is rather slow & I sometimes used to play Dota (which is a very basic & non demanding game) and even then it struggles. So I don't really like the performance of this machine.

    Is MBA 2020 better in performance compared to the MBP 2015. What are the differences I'll notice. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you! :)

    submitted by /u/the_impaler31
    [link] [comments]

    alternating dark and light lines in 2015 MacBook 12" - panel issue, or display cable or?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Should i wait for Ipad Air 4?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Hey I'm interested in getting a new Ipad. I have my eyes on the Ipad Air 3. Should i get that now with the current education discount that comes with free airpods? Or is better to wait for Ipad Air 4 this fall, and will the education promotion also be available for this model?

    submitted by /u/Bbqwings23
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to tag/label a photo or video on an iPhone to make it more searchable?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    I feel like there should definitely be a feature like this and maybe I'm missing something? I have a new SE and I want to tag or label photos so that I can find them more easily.

    submitted by /u/gdtags
    [link] [comments]

    Changing Time (of day) Range in Health App (Is it possible?)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    In Apple's Health app, is it possible to change the time range for the 24 hour day, instead of the default - beginning the new day at midnight?

    I exercise/walk my dog at night between 11pm-1am, but sometimes 2am-4am (or earlier in the afternoon). Depending on my schedule. Keeping track of my mileage, etc. is kinda cumbersome. I've ignored it (with only occasional frustration) for several years, but tonight, I finally got bored enough to ask the internet.

    Is there a way to change the time range for the 24 hr day? Or a way to integrate it with a sleep tracker app to know when I'm awake & moving?

    It'd even be nice if we could manually start and stop the day each day if we wanted. I'm OCD enough to do it!

    Downvote this question if you felt like TL;DR. Because same.

    submitted by /u/Intermediate_Fair
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air and Iphone 10S both frequently kicked off Wifi

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    I have a macbook and iphone that both will simultaneously be kicked off the wifi. I have 3 roommates with macbooks and iphones that have not had this problem at all, even while I have been kicked off the network. I will try to reconnect but it tells me the password is incorrect. Then 20 minutes later I will be reconnected, all while my roommates have continued to use the internet without issue. What could this possibly be? This JUST started happening within the past couple days on BOTH my macbook and iphone. And yes I have restarted the macbook, iphone, and router multiple times.

    submitted by /u/Joseyis
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes backup question - are all photos backed up or just the camera roll?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere online but when you back up an iPhone via iTunes are all your photos backed up or just the camera roll?

    Currently I have about 4000 pictures that I would like to back-up. I have a Windows 10 computer. When I go into my iPhone via the Windows explorer I only see roughly 1000 photos available but the rest seem hidden somewhere.

    There seems to be a lot of conflicting information online on if I do a backup on my computer whether or not all my photos will be backed up if I do a back up via iTunes or will only the 1000 photos that I can see via the Window Explorer will be backed up.

    I don't want to lose the other 3000 photos so do I have any options to save them besides signing up for iCloud? If so, how would I do this?

    (The reason I'm trying to do this is on my iPhone 6S+ I currently have 12.5 GB of my 32 GB being used up by the "Other" category and I've run out of storage. So far it seems the only solution is to do a factory reset of phone. If you guys know of any other solutions I'm all ears)

    submitted by /u/shermanmcd
    [link] [comments]

    Series 5 Apple Watch fall detection option missing

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Just bought a Series 5 w/ gps and wanted to set up the fall detection. After going into the sos tab, there was no option to enable/disable fall detection. Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/Zurp7
    [link] [comments]

    Dead ipad. No backup. Looking for 3rd party Repair/Data recovery

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    howdy folks. I'm a full time artist who's about to go on a new high stress art job, and my ipad is one of \THE MAIN\** places I concept and do art and sketches. But Back in May, 1AM I was using it, did a firmware update, opened discord and after some graphical glitching (green blocks on the screen) it bricked completely. No screen, no charge, nothing.

    It's been a HUGE loss for me and (feel free to tut-tut) I hadnt backed up anything since 2018. I thought I did late last year, but it looks like it didn't complete. So even if I did send it through apple, they'd wipe and I'd lose all my artwork on this ipad for the past 2 years. That number of pieces is quite literally in the triple digits.

    One tiny drop of hope: A few times I've plugged it into itunes, if I do the recovery mode procedure I *do* get itunes to recognize it. But the serial number says n/a and I can't recover anything.

    I'm at a total loss. Completely. I haven't done anything about it because my brain tells me theres 'some' way to get data off the device. I could live with all data being wiped EXCEPT My artwork, but I've come to terms with that being a possibility as well.

    What should I do? Where do I go? Are there any other options?

    Desperate for help 😢. Its an IPAD PRO 2017 10.5 Inch (the one with the button) x_x

    https://preview.redd.it/l04jc3tvu3c51.png?width=1752&format=png&auto=webp&s=ecd612001fe8266c61cb33b3f0289fd8aec6e6b5

    submitted by /u/kween_hangry
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my MacBook Air 2018 have so many problems?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    [2018 MacBook Air (Retina) running Catalina 10.15.5]

    My MacBook Pro 2012 had no problems at all. I only replaced it because it was heavy and the HD got slow but that's it.

    My MacBook Air, for the past ~11 months (~Aug 2019), has constantly received "Sleep Wake failure in EFI" errors, in which resetting SMC and NVRAM has only helped so much.

    These are the errors I've received since June 30th

    • June 30: panic (cpu 1 caller 0xffffff802fe652fa): x86 global reset detected
    • July 4: Sleep Wake failure in EFI
    • July 7: panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffff01a8913dc): x86 global reset detected
    • July 11: panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffff00fe093dc): x86 global reset detected
    • July 15: Sleep Wake failure in EFI
    • July 19: Sleep Wake failure in EFI
    • July 21: panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffff00f1813dc): x86 global reset detected
    • Over the last month, randomly, my keyboard and trackpad stop working and Bluetooth assistant pops up searching for them. My laptop is unusable for ~30 seconds until it detects my laptop. This has only happened maybe 3 or 4 days of the month, but it happens literally all day, every time my laptop sleeps for a little.
    • edit: another annoying thing that happens constantly now that I forgot about-- until it just happened. My laptop constantly cannot find any wifi signals. I need to manually input anything, literally random letters, then a random keyboard smash password, then suddenly the list of available networks shows.

    My laptop finds nothing wrong in diagnostic mode after the "panic(cpu 1) [...]" errors.

    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with my laptop? It's almost unusable at this point because at any given time my laptop is resetting, not turning on when I open it/click a key or the track pad, or the trackpad/keys simply not working. It's so frustrating, and I really shouldn't be struggling like this with a $2k laptop.

    submitted by /u/dokina
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel