• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    Apple Macbook MacBook Air keyboard isn’t working. I reset the Computer using shift+option+control+power. Keyboard And mouse not Working.

    Apple Macbook MacBook Air keyboard isn’t working. I reset the Computer using shift+option+control+power. Keyboard And mouse not Working.


    MacBook Air keyboard isn’t working. I reset the Computer using shift+option+control+power. Keyboard And mouse not Working.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    Need help , my mac has 200 GB storage and 166 GB is taken up by "Other" which i cant click on and see what files it is . Any way to remove all this ridiculous amount of data.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    A 2010 Polycarbonate MacBook running Windows 7

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2017 Stuck on Charging screen

    Posted: 20 Jul 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    In the past hour, I've had my MacBook plugged in, and noticed the battery was draining (didnt have that many apps open), and finally it ran out.

    I have been charging it for around 40 minutes and every time I open the lid, I get a charging screen (Red blinking battery)

    Do I just need a new charger or should I take it into the apple store? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mxatt_
    [link] [comments]

    Web proxy server?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    On my macbook i'm trying to access certain websites on Chrome. But it always comes up with ERROR saying "checking the proxy and the firewall" and i watched some videos and it said to apply "Web proxy (HTTP)" but im not sure what server number to put in and i'm not sure how to get it. It also recommended "secure web proxy(https)" and it asks for another server and again i'm really not sure what to put. I'm not sure how to get the server number, any information can help thank you!

    submitted by /u/jogal0130
    [link] [comments]

    New Macbook Pro 2020 crashes and makes ’du-du-du’ sound after Zoom call for two and a half hour, should I get a replacement?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    I just got a MacBook Pro 2020 two days ago. Today I was using it to Zoom calling my friend. About 150 mins into the call, my MacBook started to make the du-du-du sound (sounds like the sound when you are calling others on messenger) and vibrate a bit with the sound. When I first minimized the Zoom window, the sound stopped a bit. Then I opened the Zoom window again, the sound came back. So I tried to minimize the Zoom window again and tried to closed other windows and apps (some webpages and my OneNote, Spotify app). Then I found out I cannot close those windows at that time and realized the system probably crashed.

    Should I get a replacement because of this? I don't know whether it's a software problem of the OS/Zoom, or it's a hardware problem of my new MacBook. If it's the former I don't think a replacement will solve the problem.

    Any advice and thoughts would be appreciated!!

    (The model I got is 2Hz, 16GB, 512GB)

    submitted by /u/haveyoumet-ted
    [link] [comments]

    Heavy RAM usage on a 3 days old specced out Macbook Pro

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I bought a completely maxed out 16 inch Macbook Pro recently. Only thing that isn't maxed out is the storage and I went with 4 TB.

    So having 64 GB ram, I'm not sure it's a case of like "there's a lot of supply so might as well use it" or not but as soon as I log in there's like 8-9 GB of usage.

    Running like Discord and Adobe Illustrator will put that number up to like 20-27 GB, which is quite concerning to me because my old mac was only 16 GB but ran both fine.

    Another worry is that the fans were blasting and was super loud at the 20 GB mark... which I don't know if is normal.

    These worries might be a little stupid, but you know what they say... better safe than sorry!

    submitted by /u/sadboivai
    [link] [comments]

    Snap on case and potential damage to screen hinge

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    I heard that those hardshell cases apparently cause damage to the hinge of the device. Is there anything that can be used to serve the same purpose and prevent damage to the device?

    submitted by /u/Dank_memes420_69
    [link] [comments]

    Debating to buy

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    So i could buy second hand macbook air (2015) for €599.- 8GB ram & 128GB SSD is this a good deal?? I mainly want to use for school, netflix, spotify maybe even play football manager 2020. I never owned a macbook before btw!

    submitted by /u/kikisauce
    [link] [comments]

    Return key fell off - Macbook Air 2020

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    My girlfriend's return key fell off of her new computer. We've been trying to pop it back it with no luck. Does anyone have experience with this or will I have to take it to Apple to get fixed?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jb1220
    [link] [comments]

    Which Mac?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    Looking at getting a new MacBook, mostly for office work, writing, occasional photo editing/ blogging. I am deciding between a souped up MacBook Air of the entry level MacBook Pro. What do you recommend?

    submitted by /u/nocmclean
    [link] [comments]

    2019 Air Battery Not Charging

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Have had an issue of the computer being plugged in and getting the message saying that the computer isn't charging. Resetting the SMC fixes the problem, but I've had to reset it almost weekly. Is that a problem to have to reset it so often, or does anybody have an idea of what it might be?

    Local Apple store is closed so I'm unable to take it in to the Genius Bar

    submitted by /u/kingdaddyyank
    [link] [comments]

    2019 mba i5 16gb ram / 2020 mba i3 16gb ram / 2020 mbp base with 16gb ram

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    I'm going into my first year of college for computer science, and will only have this laptop for just the next 2 years, since I'm planning on saving up for a 16inch release later on in 2022. I will mostly be doing a lot of ZOOM calls, audio recording using pro tools, doing a crap ton of safari, music listening, typing papers, light 1080p video editing, all that good stuff (basically a zoom college student). My only concern is thermals and price. I know that 2020 MBA i5 is just garbage with the thermals, it being a quad core and just spinning the fans wayyy too loud and too often (so the 2020 i5 is out of the question). I feel like splurging a little for the base mbp with 16gb ram but what do you all think? My parent has the 2019 i5 mba and it seems like it could handle my tasks pretty well when I use it, even though it only has 8gb ram.

    What do you all suggest? What is the best option or my use case?

    Also, how many execution units does the 2019 MacBook Air and the 2020 MacBook Air (i3) have?

    submitted by /u/thegirminator
    [link] [comments]

    What should I upgrade to?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Currently using the macbook pro 2011 but it is experiencing problems and I wanna upgrade but I'm between the macbook air 2020 and the macbook pro 13 inch. I'm planning to use it for school and also play small games like minecraft or roblox (dont judge me) so what should I get??

    submitted by /u/dumbassgorilla
    [link] [comments]

    Help I'm confused

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    So I am using the MacBook pro 2012 with 16gb ram and with ssd storage. It's working fine and able to do the job for creative work like graphic designing. But I am tempted to buy the newer model MacBook pro 2020 but I can only afford the base model with 8gb of ram. It would be enough? I use fcpx, Photoshop and after effects. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Professional-Habit-2
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaning dust out of macbook air (loud fans)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    How do i clean out dust from macbook, without opening it up?

    Is it ok to spray compressed air along vents, or use a vacuum cleaner on vents? Or should i take it to apple store for free, as im under warranty?

    submitted by /u/UniversalCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Will Macbook battery last longer in non-retina mode?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any insight into this? I've been trying to ask Google, but don't seem to see anything definitive, or much at all.

    Simply, if I run the resolution in non-retina mode (1x instead of 2x), would the battery last longer? Is the processor/GPU theoretically doing less work?

    submitted by /u/rw3iss
    [link] [comments]

    Does using Google instead of safari on a MBA 2020 affect its durability?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    I've been wanting to use google since it has more extensions and themes and safari doesn't but if i remember correctly someone here said it affected its life or durability

    submitted by /u/bedroum
    [link] [comments]

    Dual booting Linux with a shared partition

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of buying my first ever Macbook (very excited), but wanted to check something first. I'm a software engineer and do quite a bit of Linux development, so I'll want to have a partition running Linux on my machine.

    I currently have a Windows laptop with a 1TB SSD that I split into three partitions: 350Gb for the Windows OS and programs, 300 Gb for Ubuntu OS and programs, and a 350Gb NTFS partition that holds all my "data" (documents, music, photos etc). The "Documents" and "Music" folders in Windows point to the the "data" partition. Similarly on Linux, I created symlinks in the home directory which point to the "data" partition. This way my Windows and Linux partitions use the same files and there's no need for me to duplicate anything.

    Can I do a similar thing on a Mac? What format would the common partition need to be in? I've had a search around but couldn't find any up-to-date guides.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/BlindGibbon
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13” 2020 vs MacBook Pro 15” 2019

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    To be clear, pricing is pretty much the same in my place. The 13" is about 1350-1400 and the 15" is 1650-1700. The screen plays a massive role for me, hence i want to have the best UI possible.The 16" is a bit out of reach for my pocket and I dont really need such a machine. This purchase is gonna be my first mac also. After hard research, ive also found a maxed out 15" 2015 which also is less expensive and im pretty sure it can get the job done. Nevertheless, before spending such an amount of money, we all need to do our research first.

    submitted by /u/AntonisKarakechagias
    [link] [comments]

    Another MacBook question

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    So, I was finally set to buy a MacBook 512GB happy and all. Then it hit me, ''Does Microsoft office run well on Macs?'' - I started to search and got thread from around 5 years to 6 months ago, saying MacBooks are 'horrible' for using Excel.

    That's one real worry for me since, I'm going to do Finance study and overal use will be Excel prolly.

    I was wondering anyone who either study in finance or works in finance with MacBook could enlighten me about this matter. If it's really that bad, I sadly will have to resort to a Windows laptop for the tim being.

    Note: would like to say, I don't like to install Windows on a MacBook. Then I rather just buy a Windows laptop.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/CurrentRisk
    [link] [comments]

    What's the widespread opinion on the 10th gen 13" 2020 pro model?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I'm in the market for a new MacBook Pro and wondered what thoughts people have?

    submitted by /u/Karl_Schwarzschild
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel