• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 3, 2020

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 06/03

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 06/03


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 06/03

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I love my iPad, but the fact that I can’t play multiple media sources at the same time is kind of a joke

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Who needs a Raspberry Pi when you have an S8 lying around! On a side note, sending positivity to anyone who sees this :)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    The Paperlike is terrible : An illustrator’s honest review

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    After installing the Paperlike V2 and testing it for a while, I can already tell I will be removing it very soon, and I have already asked for a full refund as their policy allows. I have sadly found that the upside is very small, whereas the downsides are extremely annoying.

    First, it does not feel like paper at all. I have been drawing almost exclusively on paper all my life, and I can tell this is nothing like it. It certainly has more grip than naked glass, but the pencil still absolutely slips and slides around. The roughness also seems to be variable, certain spots slide a lot while others suddenly grip my pencil and sometimes knock it off its path.

    Secondly, and this is my main complaint, it makes the screen look like **garbage**. And I'm using the word extremely literally here : While darker colors look fine, anything white looks as if someone has covered the entire screen in a thin layer of oil. And as an illustrator, I use white backgrounds all the time as a base for my drawings, which also happen to feature plenty of white and light colors. It is a real shame though, because dark colors do look a lot better than usual. I can't use a screen protector that makes anything light look like it's permanently covered in smudges.

    The installation process also had a few hiccups. I followed the instructions very carefully, yet the guide stickers kept coming off and I had to press on them with my thumb several times until they'd finally stay in place.

    TL;DR : It doesn't feel like paper at all and it makes light colors look like rainbow finger grease.

    submitted by /u/AmyLucyRose
    [link] [comments]

    Google & Apple - IF YOU’RE LISTENING - Please include ‘Inspect Element’ functionality into your iPad web browsers! As a web developer, I NEED and USE this every day. Without it - switching to iPad is hard. :(

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    Apple + Logitech: Name a better Duo!

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Affinity Photo is on sale! ($19.99->$9.99)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    iPad Pro With A14X Chip, 5G, and Mini-LED Display Expected in First Half of 2021

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    Please, help me to spot this iPad stand . I can’t find in anywhere and it’s perfect. Brought years ago here in Spain. I want another one for my wife. Thanks .

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Is PDF expert worth $49 a year?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm new to the community and recently purchased my first iPad. I've been a long time Mac user, but wanted to add something a little more mobile to help with work/school. I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to productivity on iOS since I rarely use my iPhone for any serious work stuff. With that being said I'm looking for some advice on finding an app to use to convert files (mainly word docs, power points and html) to PDF's. I plan to use GoodNotes for all my annotations, but came across an app called PDF expert for both iOS and MacOS. Is it worth investing in? I've always used preview for MacOS but would consider taking the plunge on both MacOS and iOS if it's beneficial. Any advice would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/thecontentjones
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS 13 fixed my old iPad

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Back in 2015 I bought an iPad Air 2. it was a very nice device and I liked it a lot. Then in 2017 it suddenly started misbehaving. I wouldn't update over air at first and later on it wouldn't take any update without a full reset. This annoyed me after some months so I bought a new iPad. Last month I came across the old iPad while cleaning up. I thought well I might give it one more chance, updated it to the newest iPadOS (requiring a full reset one last time) and since then it run flawless and has taken multiple updates without complain. I have since given it to my dad who uses it as a daily device and I'm very happy that it runs again. I still wonder why it wouldn't work back then.

    submitted by /u/Guenterfriedrich
    [link] [comments]

    Current state of HDR/WCG movies on iPad Pro

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    I'm considering buying a 2020 iPad Pro, but I'm confused about what it can actually do regarding HDR, WCG, etc. I understand that it isn't a 4K resolution and is 600 nits, so it isn't "true" 4K HDR regardless, but since it has a P3 colorspace do apps like Netflix, Movies Anywhere, Vudu, etc. give you the UHD option and downconvert? I've read some older articles about things like Netflix adding HDR support, but then you have to manually adjust brightness and other settings. Is that still the case? At the very least, is the image quality appreciably better than the Air? I haven't owned an Apple product since the iPhone 3GS so I don't own anything directly through iTunes or other Apple services.

    submitted by /u/Oarsman05
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 06/03

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How to Zip/Unzip files on iPad

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    I want my e-books on my iPad without using icloud

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    How can I keep a library of ebooks on my ipad without having to "download" them from icloud? This shouldn't be hard, but it do.

    submitted by /u/Large_Lump_Sum
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Backup on iPadOS

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Hey everybody,

    I was like 100% sure I'd be able to create an iPhone-Backup on a iPad with iPadOS. After duckduckgo-ing this, it seems like this is a feature I did dream of (apple website itself tells me either a backup per iCloud is possible or on a computer).

    My 2 question are:

    1. Didn't they plan to implement this to iPadOS?
    2. Is it possible? Did I miss something doing my search?

    Thank u in advance

    submitted by /u/MXR412
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to get rid of these app suggestions in safari on iPad Pro? They I’m preferring to just use safari over apps for most things like Reddit and YouTube, and its kinda annoying having it block a lot of my screen with these banners.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Just bought a lightning to SD card reader, how do I properly eject the SD card?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Can I just disconnect the adapter from my iPad then take out the card or vice versa? Or is there any procedure I'm just too oblivious to lol

    submitted by /u/turtle_squirrels
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Issues with iPadOS 13.5.1?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    I saw a lot of complaints about battery drainage when upgrading to 13.5, so held off on updating. Does anyone know if the latest update to 13.5.1 fixed these issues? Apple only seems to be saying it's a security update.

    submitted by /u/el_capitan02
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed: Best free, full-feature image editor for iPad in 2020?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    I'm in search of a free iPad image editor that doesn't require an account and doesn't put basic features behind a paywall.

    I used to use PicsArt and then Enlight (now Photofox) and both used to be exactly what I needed, but then both of these apps let me down in their subsequent updates by introducing the things I mentioned above that I'm looking to avoid.

    I especially need an app that allows for easy merging/blending of multiple images into one like Photoshop with some nice filters/effects and text fonts.

    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/SethRichOrDieTrying
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Dock for iPad

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    There are millions of iPads out there, and a large amount of them sit dormant or under-used. Given the existence of Apple TV and Apple Arcade, plus the struggling sales of Home Pod, there's an opportunity for Apple to create a dock accessory for iPad to serve the aforementioned products and services.

    Idea: Apple Dock for iPad

    MSRP: $129.99

    This would allow capable iPads to:

    1) Dock in landscape mode, enables charging (smart connector, or included mini-Lightning adapter for non-Pro models)

    2) Change audio source to the included Hi-Fi speaker bar

    3) Use the dock's speaker bar mics for "Hey Siri" (think Home Pod here)

    4) HDMI output to televisions to enable tvOS from iPadOS (use any iOS/iPadOS device on the same network to control)

    5) Play Arcade installed on iPad via television and a BT controller.

    Thus, Apple has created a Nintendo Switch competitor and also puts Siri, Arcade, and tvOS into more homes.

    submitted by /u/ResistWestAlex
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys take notes on your iPad? Like, physically, how do you hold it?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:18 AM PDT

    I'm used to having a notebook open in front of me, with the book turned slightly with me leaning over it.

    I can't do this with my iPad Pro, which also doesn't lie flat on the desk due to the camera bump.

    But everyone in this sub loves to show of their amazing notes, so what do you guys do?

    submitted by /u/CKyle22
    [link] [comments]

    Get stock data in excel

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Anybody know how I can get stock data into an excel sheet on my iPad? I prefer using excel over numbers, so preferably an excel related response would be great!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/StudCap
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use an external camera for internet conferences?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Does anyone out there have problems with the camera set-up on their iPad when doing an internet chat? As a teacher, my need to do conferences online is rapidly increasing. The problem I have is with the placement of the camera. If I am using my iPad like a laptop, my head is off center and I look like I am looking at the screen diagonally. It would be awesome if I could have an external camera to use.

    Unfortunately I am forced to use Zoom but that is a whole different discussion!

    Does anyone have any recommendations regarding solutions? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Secure-insanity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel