• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 19, 2020

    Apple TV Any use for a Gen 1?

    Apple TV Any use for a Gen 1?


    Any use for a Gen 1?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    Ps4 controller change Home button

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I just paired my 4k apple tv witch a ps4 controller but i cannot get used to holding down the ps button in order to get back to home screen. Is there a way to map this return only for pushing the button not holding it down? Thanks a lot!:)

    submitted by /u/Pegboard_Nerd
    [link] [comments]

    Can I or can I not watch HBO for free without a subscription right now, and if so how?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Anyone having issues with their Apple TV and Cartoon Network App?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Once in a blue moon, the app will play the whole episode. Other times it will only play 5 minutes of the show, the go to the painful 30 second ad (twice). Then it starts a different episode. It is logged in with the cable provider. I logged it out, cleared the app and signed back in. No dice. Annoying.....

    submitted by /u/EuroVWGTi
    [link] [comments]

    I had no idea Apple made a 5K Apple TV

    Posted: 19 Apr 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    American in Japan

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    I'm looking into getting an Apple TV but as an American stationed in Okinawa, Japan I'm worried I wont be able to get the American versions of the streaming sites I want. Or they won't be available at all. I'm looking for Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and Disney+. Does anyone know if I'll run into issues in this regard and how I'd fix them? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tag70
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix performance on Apple TV 4th Gen

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed recently a drop in performance on the Netflix Apple TV app? I have a 4th gen which is just over 2 years old now, in the last few weeks I've noticed the performance on the Netflix app has taken a massive dive.

    Playback is fine but when scrolling between titles on the home screen there is a huge amount of lag, to the point where it is nearly unusable.

    I don't see these sorts of issues on any other app. Has anybody else noticed this recently? And if so, is anybody aware of anything I could do to try and fix it?

    submitted by /u/PMCalledDan
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Wishlist completely gone

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Not my account but my wife goes to the Apple TV to add to wish list and she had over 100 movies saved on there. We try and wait and grab them for cheap. $5 $8 whatever, now her whole wish list is completely gone. Didn't do any updates or anything. Doesn't seem like we can get them back? Help?

    submitted by /u/kukheart
    [link] [comments]

    Can we play games with friends in other houses?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    I apologize if this is a common question or not the appropriate place for this. We're girlfriend and I are going quarantine crazy and we would like to use our Apple TV to play games with friends that also use Apple TV? Can we do this and if so, are there any great games for this? We're thinking 2:2 games like Pictionary, etc- party type games.

    Thank you SO much in advance.

    submitted by /u/ownowbrowncow88999
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me download apple tv on my mac

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    how come i see everyone using apple tv on their macs?

    I'm running a mac book air not even 4 years old and its completley up to date

    i cannot fnd apple tv in the app store or online to download

    i have a subscription already

    submitted by /u/surfertyler
    [link] [comments]

    checking which divice was watching which content?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    For example in my que is homeland, new girl, and outlander.

    can i see which divices homeland was watched on and which divice outlander was watched on?

    submitted by /u/surfertyler
    [link] [comments]

    Target leak?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    What happened to that leak about Apple TV placeholder at Target? Did COVID-19 kill it?

    Has anyone seen any follow up on all those leaks, which included Apple TV and over ear headphones. Thought we would be getting new Apple TV this spring, at least I was hoping.

    submitted by /u/CluelessGamer33
    [link] [comments]

    Powering TV on with Apple TV remote and AVR

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Just picked up my first Apple TV, already in love with the brilliant interface and remote. This leads to my question, I have an arc enabled Roku TV, Onkyo AVR also arc enabled and the Apple TV. I have tried everything I can think of to get the Apple TV to power on and off the TV with no luck.

    The Apple TV will control the receiver just fine, and the TV will control the receiver but can't get all the way through.

    Is this possible or am I stuck using my Harmony remote?

    submitted by /u/RP-Apprentice
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off Apple extras?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Just bought the entire second season of The Last Airbender on the apple tv app and they have these OBNOXIOUS popups every ten seconds and I cannot figure out how to turn them off.

    submitted by /u/kathybrick
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTv on phone to tv

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    I just got my Apple TV subscription on my phone and I want to watch a movie with my husband but I don't know how to put it on my tv. I have a smart tv and I searched the Apple TV app but I couldn't find it. Help?

    submitted by /u/kamezc12
    [link] [comments]

    Does Dolby Vision work on the Apple TV app on 4K Firestick?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Hi everyone.

    Keep yourselves safe during this time.

    My question is literally as it appears in the title.

    I to give some background information, I have a 55" 4K HDR Panasonic OLED TV with both Dolby Vision and HDR 10+ and obviously the 4K Firestick and am interested in buying some 4K HDR films from iTunes, but I am unsure whether I would be able to get the most out of it through the 4K Firestick.

    I have searched all over the internet and have not been able to get a straight informed answer on this. I know at first that Dolby Vision through the Apple TV app was only on the Apple TV 4K, but I had heard that Amazon was working hard on getting Dolby Vision to work on the Apple TV app on their Firestick.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Unitedfan619
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV remote slides under my bed

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Hey is the any way to prevent the Apple TV remote to slide between the walls

    submitted by /u/me-me-big-boi1
    [link] [comments]

    PiP or similar from Apple TV to another Apple device ?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    hey, i hope you're all coping well through the CV19 lockdown - here in NZ were in week 4 of level 4 lockdown.

    Anyway, i've got a video running on my Apple TV and i'm on my Mac desktop and can't see the TV - is there an app that would allow me to have like a PiP on my Mac or even an iPad that shows the video stream from the Apple TV when i'm in a different room but obviously on the same network ? I can listen to it via my bluetooth headphones as i'm not too far away but yeah i can't see it.

    thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/moooooooo427
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to pass audio to a simple 2 channel amp and control volume via ATV remote

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    For my son's ATV I have hooked up 2 speakers connected to a small 2 channel amp. The amp is basic, has no remote and just one rca in input.

    I don't think it is possible, but I am wondering if there is a way to control the volume using the atv remote.

    I bought one of these to insert between the atv, tv and amp so my son could airplay apple music from his phone to the atv without having to turn the tv on.

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073TT8JGN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    i am set up: atv hdmi out --> audio extractor hdmi in

    --> audio extractor hdmi out --> non-smart tv

    audio extractor 3.5 analog out --> amp

    I was hoping (even though kind of figured it would not) the extractor would make it possible to control the volume going to the speakers via the atv, but it does not.

    Sound comes out of the amp speakers no problem, but the atv remote will only control the tv speaker volume. I have tried turning off cec on tv and atv - no matter what I try, the atv will control the tv speakers only - I was hoping the atv had some sort of internal volume control (similar to a phone), but given it does not have an amp/speaker, that was wishful thinking I guess.

    Any thoughts if there is a way to achieve what I want to do?

    I am thinking I need to find a cheap amp with a simple remote and then get the atv remote to learn the ir volume command for the amp.

    submitted by /u/pheare_me
    [link] [comments]

    Duplicate problem when switching from CBS app to CBS channel

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    About two weeks ago my CBS All Access app (which I've been subscribed to for about a year) started acting up, my watch history disappeared, the layout changed, it took ages to load up, etc. I restarted the ATV and even reset it and restored it but nothing helped. Then I was in the AppleTV App for a different reason and happened to notice "CBS" as a channel so I went into it and of course it was in the layout that the ATV App uses but it said I wasn't subscribed but I checked my subs one my account using my iPhone and "CBS: All Access" was there so I hit the "Free Trial" button on the CBS channel in the ATV and it asked if I wanted to subscribe, I said yes and it had me sign into my account then said "You're already subscribed" so I hit the "OK" button and it allowed me access.

    So I thought everything was solved but then got an email notifying me I had subscribed to CBS...and when I look at my account on my phone now have two separate subscriptions, one is labeled "CBS All Access" and the other is labeled "CBS ALL ACCESS on Apple TV". Both cost $5.99/mth (CDN). I called Apple and they said it was an error and to unsubscribe from the one that didn't say "Apple TV" in the title, so I did. Next day, went to watch something and it asked me if I wanted a free trial, looked at my account and both subscriptions were gone. I resubscribed to the channel and both reappeared.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/VampyreLust
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    I purchased an Apple TV 4k about a month ago and it has been a love/hate relationship since. The main purpose of me purchasing an Apple TV was to switch over to infuse, but also to avoid having to use ARC with my LG C9's internal apps - with my AVR (Denon x4300h), it was a constant battle of increasing volume/lowering volume watching anything that was not in stereo - even after constant speaker calibrations with Audyssey. The loss of AVR functionality like dialogue increase was also a deal-breaker with ARC. I am well into the Apple ecosystem and have been used to the "it just works" mentality so I figured it would be the same case with the apple tv. Below have been my primary issues so far.

    My Setup:

    Apple TV 4k (5th Generation running TV oS13.4)
    LG C9 OLED (updated Firmware)
    Denon AVR-x4300H (updated Firmware)
    All hooked up using Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI cables
    Ubiquiti Unifi home network

    Issues:

    1.) Ethernet connection drops - Per recommendations on this forum I created a static IP for my device and leveraged DNS settings on my router rather than Apple TV to no avail. I also tried fully automatic settings on both router/apple TV and changed cables & switches with no luck. All other devices work fine - this isn't a deal-breaker since the ethernet port on the apple tv I believe is 10/100mbps, so in theory, my WiFi can surpass hard wire speeds and has been working fine. Maybe I just have a faulty ethernet port?

    2.) Audio Latency - up to 300ms for amazon prime and 160ms for Netflix. Anything that switches to HDR will experience a sync issue. Changing format to SDR and switching off frame rate matching "fixes" the issue. I understand this is probably more than just an apple tv issue and probably has something to do with the processing time from TV to show HDR content, but no other sources (Xbox one X, Blueray player) have the same issue.

    3.) Video drop out/glitches in HDR - this one will probably cause the most debate given that it sounds like a common AVR / HDMI cable issue. I've had this issue in the past due to a faulty HDMI cable and cable swap was the simple fix. In this case, I've swapped cables (4 times) both going to AVR and from AVR to TV, switched HDMI sources on AVR, reset my AVR - no luck. Switching my blue ray player and Xbox to the same port on AVR with the same cable does not repro similar behavior playing HDR content. Going directly from Apple TV to LG does fix the issue, so would point at the AVR as the issue, but given this only happens with Apple TV connected to AVR I'm still a bit weary.

    *not really an issue, just a complaint* - No bitstream/passthrough support - Sure audio sent by apple tv via LPCM to the receiver should be decoded as DD true HD and sound exactly the same, but for a "premium" device this is just nuts.

    So why don't I just return it? infuse. But also, I actually really enjoy the look and feel of the apple tv over WebOS. When it's working it really does give a superior experience in my opinion. I just wish it didn't cause me this much of a headache :)

    Anyone else seeing issues like this or am I just being seriously nitpicky here? if it's just me, sorry for the rant!

    submitted by /u/mattyq25
    [link] [comments]

    Recently redesigned Music App

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Please correct me if anything, but tvOS 13.4 came with quite redesigned Music app. I just noticed it one day around a month ago, after the auto update. The redesign mostly happened in the Library space, most noticable change is that the menu is now on left side instead on right like here https://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/larger/public/field/image/2016/08/Apple-TV-Music-Library.jpg?itok=IcGljNNy.

    What do you think about it? You like it? I personally find it very very annoying. In general it's all worse, not a single improvement I could notice so far. They just made it harder to navigate.

    1. Instead of having the Shuffle all option at the very top, it is now hidden inside the Songs, +4 swipes.
    2. After I finally shuffle shit up, there is no way it will display me the freaking lyrics automatically, nor currently played song. Another swipe swipe swipe to get to the currently played, click click to see the lyrics. It wasn't like that before.

    Small shit, but important to me. ATV was the only device of mine with auto updates turned on, but now I don't have any lol. Btw, probably no way to downgrade to 13.3, hm?

    submitted by /u/radzik07
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV HD or 4k?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    I'd like to buy an Apple TV and I'm trying to decide between the 4K or HD. i can pick up the HD at the local Walmart with a discount ($132 or ) or buy the 4K on Apple.com. I need help deciding which one to buy.

    I don't have a 4K TV and I don't foresee getting one in the near future. I already have a TV with Roku builtin and a couple of Amazon Fire sticks sitting around unused along with a Chromecast.

    What do I want to use it for? I'd like to use it for screen mirroring from my iPad Pro or Macbook Air. I'd like to be able to take it with me if I need to do a presentation. I used to teach internationally and once all of this is over, I'll probably go abroad again. I think being able to plug into a TV or projector using Airplay would be a good addition.

    I might also want to play some Apple arcade games on it.

    Which should I go with? I'm inclined to go with the 4k BUT if I am not really gaining anything useful, I might as well save the $40.

    submitted by /u/UnusualRelease
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix not playing videos on Apple TV tied into Control4 system

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Have tried on other devices with same Netflix account on same network and it works fine. When we open up Netflix, previews play and menus load fine but when we go to watch the actual content the red wheel just spins forever. Both Crave and Youtube play fine on the AppleTV, so its obviously a Netflix only issue.

    I've tried restarting the router as well as deleting and reinstalling Netflix on the AppleTV, neither of which have done anything.

    Would prefer not to deal with the company that installed the Control4 system, as they overbilled the ever living shit out of us and I refuse to pay them for a "service call".

    submitted by /u/wpg_tattoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel