• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 27, 2019

    macOS I’m trying to reinstall my macbook air 2017 and it keeps saying this

    macOS I’m trying to reinstall my macbook air 2017 and it keeps saying this


    I’m trying to reinstall my macbook air 2017 and it keeps saying this

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:00 AM PST

    Issue with videos pausing/unpausing by themselves

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:44 PM PST

    Apologies if this post is in the wrong subreddit, but this issue has been bugging me for the last couple days and has been driving me crazy.

    Whenever I try to play a video on my MacBook Pro (Mid 2015), the video will automatically pause itself every couple minutes without me doing anything. I've tried switching between Google Chrome and Safari, but the browser does not seem to be the issue. In addition, paused videos (whether I paused it myself or the video automatically paused on its own) will sometimes unpause and begin playing on its own after several minutes. I've encountered this "pausing" problem across multiple sites like YouTube and 123Movies.

    This user seemed to have a similar issue to mine but without a resolution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250379494

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/hackstudent
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid 10.15.1 bug not allowing me to save anything until I restart. This has happened to me twice. Anyone else?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:50 PM PST

    Should I stay on Mojave?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:01 PM PST

    I have a MacBook Pro from 2012, and it runs great on Mojave.

    I heard that Catalina is "The Windows Vista of OSX", so I'm hesitant to update. Is it true that Photoshop CS6 just doesn't work on it?

    submitted by /u/sidnoway
    [link] [comments]

    How can I diagnose network latency that spikes on schedule every 300 seconds?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:41 AM PST

    Hi folks,

    I recently did a complete nuke-and-pave and installed Catalina from scratch. Then I reinstalled applications, including some new system-level services that I wasn't using before.

    Now I'm experiencing a weird networking problem: Every 300 seconds, my wifi latency spikes. My ping times jump from around 15ms to 2000ms+ for about 3-5 seconds. Then they go back down. This happens, as I said, every 5 minutes to the second.

    How can I tell what process is causing this?

    submitted by /u/justshowingup
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect to Netflix or Stan

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:34 PM PST

    On my macbook i can no longer connect to either netflix or stan. When connecting to stan chrome list the error as timed out and netflix says connection refused. However on guest user i am able to connect to them. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/toothjones
    [link] [comments]

    When going fullscreen in Safari, touch-bar switches to favourites and blocks any input

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:57 AM PST

    OS: macOS Catalina 10.15

    Macbook Pro 2017

    Can replicate bug every time

    So, when I'm e.g. on Youtube (Safari) usually the touch-bar displays the time of the video and the thing where I can fast forward (sorry for terminology). But when I switch to fullscreen mode of a video the touch-bar instead goes to my safari favourites and disables all input. I first must press "esc" then the touch-bar goes to the media player, otherwise I can't press pause, fast forward etc. (or even exit the fullscreen). This happens with a lot of online video players, Youtube and mostly those streaming websites, but not e.g. for Netflix.

    Has anybody had the same problem? Any fixes or is it a problem on the websites players end?

    submitted by /u/ifthechief
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics RAM use on 13" 2018 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:23 PM PST

    Is there a way to reduce the amount of RAM used by the integrated graphics?

    I just saw that 1500MB is in use by graphics and my machine is kinda slow - I'd like to reduce the RAM if it's not necessary - even for caching.

    submitted by /u/elvisofdallasDOTcom
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to wipe company's macOS image for a clean install?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 01:31 PM PST

    I have a work MacBook Pro (2017) and am having bad problem with Adobe Creative Cloud and Catalina. I want to wipe it back to factory settings but every time I do a reinstall it still seems to load my company's BS image version which has a bunch of software, permissions that don't allow me to do things etc.

    Is it possible to do a true wipe/reinstall including getting rid of whatever my company's image?

    submitted by /u/TheJadedSF
    [link] [comments]

    A Catalina screenshot request and some questions

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:51 PM PST

    Hello /r/macos .

    Hmnn ... I've been looking for screenshots of how Catalina's default wallpaper looks like both at day and at night mode with a left-side dock.

    And questions:

    • Does Catalina have an actual dynamic wallpaper like Mojave? The only heic I can find only has two images. Well, I did find one with 9 images, but it was FAKE, those images were clearly the ones shot by hikers.

    • Can you use dark mode AND the dynamic wallpaper?

    submitted by /u/vexorian2
    [link] [comments]

    Mission Control Video thumbnail not working

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:28 PM PST

    Macos Sierra:

    whenever I play a video, the desktop thumbnail image freezes and because of that videos don't show. A gray spot replaces the video in fullscreen mode. Any solutions for this?? It worked flawlessly in OS X Mavericks...

    submitted by /u/aoleutheoriginal
    [link] [comments]

    How can I combine these three virtual Drives into one? Mac Mini A1176 Late 2006

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 01:23 PM PST

    Help! My Mac won’t boot.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:46 AM PST

    How do I protect my iMac?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 11:17 AM PST

    Lately, for some reason, I've been worried that I need virus protection or something to MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that my iMac doesn't crash or something. Can someone point in the right direction for getting absolute protection? Every once in a while, I do have to download things from the net but I always make sure the source is safe.

    submitted by /u/antaresbeats
    [link] [comments]

    Low graphics performant on integrated GPU

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:57 AM PST

    Hello,

    I own a 15" MBP 2015 with "top stock config" (i7, 16GB of RAM, 512GB SSD and Radeon R9 M370X) that has weird behavior. Every once in a while (to be honest, almost daily) I encounter extremely low performance and huge lag after the laptop comes out from standby. I can't reproduce it with exact steps but it just happens. If I force the OS to use the dedicated GPU, the lag disappears. Once I switch back, the lag appears instantly. The problem disappears after a restart.

    What's good to mention:

    - I use it in a very messy manner: i "throw" it in my backpack, I go to the office where I connect it to two external monitors via mini-DP. Over the day I unplug it and re-plug it in at least 3-4 times as I go in a lot of meetings. While I'm at the desk, every display (including the integrated one) has around 3-4 spaces opened (messaging, browser, multiple IDEs, another browser, developer tools). Once the day is over, I "throw" the laptop in the backpack and I go home where I close most of the windows/spaces. The lag happens while I'm at home and sometimes while I am in the office. It occurs with or without multiple spaces/applications opened. It began to happen with no applications opened.

    - It happened on Mojave too and I don't remember any lag before it. With Catalina it started to get worse.

    - This year I replaced the battery in an Apple-authorized service. It made no difference.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/zavanilla
    [link] [comments]

    Best adblocker alternative for uBlock Origin?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:48 AM PST

    Best adblocker alternative for uBlock Origin?

    submitted by /u/Lekowski
    [link] [comments]

    Create a windows bootable usb drive

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:14 AM PST

    Hi guys, any tips/tools to create a windows 10 bootsble usb for my windows pc? I can only us my macbook right now to create a bootable flash driv

    submitted by /u/Iamglennn
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Fullscreen Youtube on Safari

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:26 AM PST

    Has anybody else that problem that after entering fullscreen in Safari the Touch Bar jumps from video controls to bookmarks again and you can't control the display anymore with the cursor unless you push the x button on the Touch Bar?

    submitted by /u/Managa66
    [link] [comments]

    Exporting VPN config in Catalina

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:44 AM PST

    I'm trying to export an L2TP VPN config and System Preferences seems to freeze upon displaying the Save dialog. It does not respond to any input whatsoever, I can only exit with Esc. The save button doesn't work but the one in the Touch Bar does, however is shows a message saying:

    The export failed.
    Unable to write the configurations out to the file because there are no configurations.

    Can't figure this one out.

    submitted by /u/Advanced_Path
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro fan makes too much noise

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:23 AM PST

    Also, battery drains faster than earlier. Does anybody face this issue?

    Edit: 2018 model

    submitted by /u/shailuhacker
    [link] [comments]

    Issues installing fonts in Catalina?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:14 AM PST

    • A client is trying to install GraphikWeb (paid font -$$$) that they purchased online and Catalina will not validate and install the .ttf file. Literally nothing happens. It doesn't appear in Font Book. I tried with the same .TTF on MY Catalina and I had the same issue.
    • I've downloaded a random .TTF font from the web and installed it on mine w/o issue. I sent her (client) the same .TTF and she can't open that. Something is definitely out of whack w/ her installation of macOS but I can't put my finger on it. Searching the web hasn't yielded a lot of great feedback.

    Anyone have experience with fonts not installing?

    Web results have hinted at things like:

    • macOs user folder needs to be renamed
    • 32bit vs. 64bit
    • Manually add the .ttf file extension to the font name in the .plist file (what .plist file?) to make it show up in Font Book
    submitted by /u/dogstar6
    [link] [comments]

    Acelink + Docker using ExpressVPN on Catalina

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:00 AM PST

    Hello guys,
    I was planning to watch Acestream links on my mac, and I found out about Soda player accessing your private files so I started looking for another solution and I found this: https://github.com/blaise-io/acelink
    That's a very interesting solution, but I saw that Docker is required. So my question is:
    Do you know if I can use a VPN (in this case, ExpressVPN) with Docker? Because I heard that may be some problems.
    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/Randall_AlucarD
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina Patch for MBP late 2011

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:55 AM PST

    I successfully patched my early 2008 Mac Pro and now I am wondering wether or not to patch my MBP, too. Its the 2011 with the AMD Radeon HD 6750M which means that the patcher doesn't support the graphics acceleration atm. Does anyone have any experience with the performance of Catalina on the iGPU (Intel HD Gr. 3000)? I won't use it for games or something like that, just writing mails, using pages, keynote, safari, etc. I don't want to patch this system without any knowledge of the performance, since it is my school laptop and only has one SSD

    submitted by /u/schlurky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel