• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 28, 2019

    Apple TV TIL: you can restart your AppleTV holding the top two buttons of the remote for 6 seconds BUT you have to point to the AppleTV

    Apple TV TIL: you can restart your AppleTV holding the top two buttons of the remote for 6 seconds BUT you have to point to the AppleTV


    TIL: you can restart your AppleTV holding the top two buttons of the remote for 6 seconds BUT you have to point to the AppleTV

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:16 AM PST

    Color bit depth Appletv 4K

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:59 AM PST

    I'm curious what bit depth do you receive when playing Dolby Vision content?

    After several days talking with Apple and Phillips support I'm still only getting 8 bit on Dolby vision. But 10 on HDR and 12 on PS4 pro.. Any one else having this problem?

    Tv is Phillips PUS7304/12

    submitted by /u/FenStyx
    [link] [comments]

    What Format Settings? 4K, Bits, Hz, P???

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:35 AM PST

    I'm in the UK using an ATV4K to a 2019 Sony 8.0 Android 120Hz TV set mainly for Netflix4K and Prime. I'm baffled as to what format settings to use to get the best compatibility. Sony provide this info: http://www.haggistogo.com/public/bits.png Which seems to suggest that I use 4K SDR 60Hz Chroma 4:2:2 with Range matching but not Rate matching so that the TV always receives 60 Hz and the signal most likely to induce a 10 bit output. Is this the Best Idea? The more I read, the more confused I get!

    submitted by /u/Pat100100
    [link] [comments]

    apple tv audio automatically defaulting to airplay instead of HDMI

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 04:38 PM PST

    Hi all, I have a few sonos systems around the house and a HDMI wired surround sound connected to my 4K Apple TV. Every time i turn on my ATV, it defaults to a sonos speaker in the front room, it does not use HDMI by default. Checked all of my settings, cant figure it out. Only thing I can think of is how HomeKit automation is set to play dog friendly NPR from that speaker when I leave. NPR turns off when I return home...(HomeKit has been a dumpster fire since iOS 13)

    submitted by /u/gstewart8
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple TV keeps changing audio to the Sonos ones I have in the bathrooms. I don’t have a scene or anything doing this. I will be in the middle of watching a show when the audio just switches. Any ideas?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 03:13 PM PST

    Xbox Controller Connection Issues

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:49 PM PST

    I'm trying to connect an Xbox controller to my Apple TV. I go through the Bluetooth pairing step; the Apple TV says it's connected and the controller goes from blinking moderately fast to blinking slowly as if it paired. However the controller never stops blinking even though everything points to it being connected. Anyone else having issues connecting Xbox controllers?

    Edit: Turns I had to update my controllers firmware. I accomplished this through the Xbox Accessories app on my Windows machine but this is also doable on n Xbox.

    submitted by /u/MotherOfGoose
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Home sharing photos

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 03:46 PM PST

    Hello one and all. I'll make it short and sweet so we can all get back to enjoying our day. I bought the 4K Apple TV less than a week ago and I seem to be having trouble with some things but namely home sharing photos.

    I had the 2nd (or 3rd not sure) Apple TV and my favourite thing was the photo screen savers. To the best of my knowledge it worked fine but I've lost the remote and moved to a new place so I can't set up the new WiFi. Plus it's kinda an excuse to buy a new one. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work.

    I have turned on home sharing on my Mac on Catalina I've selected the photos folder I want to share I'm signed in with the same Apple ID with photos access granted. But it still doesn't work.

    I've even tried to create a shared folder with all the photos (4000+) but photos comes up with an error saying it can't add the photos.

    Please, any help would be appreciated. I'll end up returning it if I can't get it to work.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/King_Crown
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Understanding screen mirroring

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:37 PM PST

    I've found different answers around the web and now I'm just kinda confused. If anyone has a definitive answer to my scenario, I'd really appreciate it!

    I watch YouTube with my iPhone's cellular data on Chrome (no YT app). Is it possible to do this and mirror the content to my Apple TV?

    submitted by /u/Awayswell
    [link] [comments]

    How to turn off New release content auto play?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:11 AM PST

    Really didn't appreciate AppleTV+ auto playing the new preview from HUSTLERS and having to explain to my kids why the strippers were swinging on the poles like that. I'm far from prudish but that was something I'd rather my little kids from seeing while trying to open ATV+ to watch Snoopy!

    submitted by /u/Chunky-Lover53
    [link] [comments]

    apple tv plus and students?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 01:48 PM PST

    i heard that students now get apple tv for free if you have a apple music subscription. When I go on apple tv movies and shows are only for rent or buy. What does apple tv student give me?

    submitted by /u/victor38589
    [link] [comments]

    Remote sometimes freaks out!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 12:31 PM PST

    Sometimes when I double tap the 'TV' button and swipe left and right to see all the open apps, the screen goes a bit funky and the apps begin to jump about.

    The last time this happened, I reset the Apple TV and that fixed it. A few months later it happened again and a restart seemed to fix it.

    Is this happening to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/gurmukhpanesar
    [link] [comments]

    When looking at my devices, without clicking into each one, I don’t know which are my HomePod’s and which is my TV.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:40 AM PST

    CEC issue : don't want my ATV 4K to turn on automatically

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:40 AM PST

    I activated HDMI-CEC on my LG B8 Oled TV just to turn it on with my Google Nest Mini. I don't want anything to turn on when I go to any HDMI port because I have HDMI switches plugged in in every one of them, that's why I disabled it on my PS4 and my 4K BR player for example. But I can't find anything similar on my ATV 4K. Am I condemned to have it turn on everytime I go to HDMI 2 ? Thanks !

    submitted by /u/nouvellesdasie
    [link] [comments]

    I put off buying a newer Apple TV device and now that the app is here, what am I missing if I don’t upgrade?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:22 AM PST

    Best music player?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:58 AM PST

    Hi, The Music app is starting to drive me nuts with getting geared more and more to Apple Music which I don't use. I want to just be able to play my library that's on my local network. Any recommendations for an app for it? I'm looking for the "Infuse" for music.

    Bonus points if it'll play 5.1 Flac files and has cool visualizers to keep the screen busy.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/NSBrad
    [link] [comments]

    Should I submit DropZap World to Apple Arcade? Please try out the beta and give me your honest opinion.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 10:51 AM PST

    I'm thinking of submitting this falling block game with lasers to https://developer.apple.com/contact/apple-arcade.

    However, I would first like your opinion as to whether you think DropZap World would attract much interest among Apple Arcade subscribers.

    TestFlight link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/CdEXgjst [tvOS13, iOS13, or iPadOS13]

    The game has over 100 levels with three modes each. Check out these gameplay videos of two of the levels:

    https://youtu.be/3k5qbhOzTkA, https://youtu.be/cBFzQra1AIk

    Any feedback would be much appreciated!

    P.S. If the TestFlight link doesn't work, try opening this page in Safari (e.g., instead of the reddit app's browser) so that the TestFlight link would open in Safari.

    submitted by /u/amichail
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with pairing bluetooth speakers?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:15 AM PST

    Whether I pair bluetooth earbuds, or bluetooth speakers, video on Youtube starts to stutter and drops rate.

    Basically, Bluetooth devices makes my wifi speed drop on AppleTV4.

    Did anyone have this problem, and how to solve it?

    submitted by /u/babaroga73
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay audio only working when TV is on - any workaround?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:14 AM PST

    Trying to Airplay music from my phone to my AppleTV but it only outputs audio if the TV itself is on. Says it's playing, though.

    My setup is: AppleTV -> HDMI on TV Optical audio cable on TV -> A/V receiver

    I suspect the receiver is the hang up here but not sure.

    Any ideas? I have an OLED so don't really want the TV on with a mostly static background just for music.

    submitted by /u/peppermints64
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV remote app not responding

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:55 AM PST

    I'm having an intermittent problem where the remote app (on iPhone) randomly stops working. It will come up and appear to be connected but the AppleTV doesn't respond to inputs. I can't seem to kill the app as it just disappears when you swipe up to switch kill apps. Rebooting the phone has fixed it every tome but that's annoying. Is there a way to kill the AppleTV remote app? Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/jthj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel