• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 26, 2019

    Apple Help I want to play music in jetAudio because it provides extensive sound engineering, but Apple bans 3rd party apps from playing “Apple Music” however if you have Apple Music subscription you MUST have iCloud Music Library enabled, if you disable it — all your playlists get deleted? What the actual hell

    Apple Help I want to play music in jetAudio because it provides extensive sound engineering, but Apple bans 3rd party apps from playing “Apple Music” however if you have Apple Music subscription you MUST have iCloud Music Library enabled, if you disable it — all your playlists get deleted? What the actual hell


    I want to play music in jetAudio because it provides extensive sound engineering, but Apple bans 3rd party apps from playing “Apple Music” however if you have Apple Music subscription you MUST have iCloud Music Library enabled, if you disable it — all your playlists get deleted? What the actual hell

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:45 PM PST

    Help - trying to login to iPad mini but can’t

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:12 PM PST

    The issue that we are having is that my parents gave us their iPad mini. My husband hasn't had an Apple device since the iPhone 6plus came out so he hasn't had the need to login his Apple ID.

    Today he was trying to get the password reset using my own iPad but the stupid thing said to check the code that came up on his last Apple device.

    What devise?! He hasn't had it in years.

    An anyone help?

    submitted by /u/TheAssyrianAtheist
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what the symbol above my signal bars is?? iPhone 8 Plus thanks!!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:44 PM PST

    13.1.3 - make safari links open in respective apps

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:33 PM PST

    Whenever a click an Amazon link in safari, it won't open my amazon app. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. How can I get it to happen all the time?

    submitted by /u/phoenixfiresx
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else experienced this before?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 10:48 PM PST

    iCloud Activation Lock from Previous Owner Help

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:19 PM PST

    My friend is a private school administrator, and apparently the school has some old iPads that it's finished with. So the school told my friend that she could keep one of their old iPads. The main issue is that the iPad seems to have an iCloud activation lock, and the school didn't seem to keep good track of the people that it lent the iPads to in the first place. So the only information that we have about the iCloud account that's holding up the iPad is an account name like r*******@icloud.com or whatever. We can only see the first letter of the account name. I'm kind of at a loss for what I'm supposed to do to help her unlock the device. It seems like the school is the official previous owner of the device, but the school isn't sure who locked the device in the first place. I know that I'm supposed to contact Apple with something like proof of purchase to get an iCloud lock removed, but this situation is just bizarre on multiple levels. Even if I got the school to make a 'receipt' saying that they're giving the iPad to my friend, we still don't have any connection to the person whose account is on the device.

    Any suggestions for what to do next? Honestly, at first I gave up on contacting Apple, and I fell for one of those iCloud unlocking scams. But now I don't really see any other options. I don't want to try unlocking software or anything shady, because I'm reasonably convinced that those options are scams. But it just seems like a stupid situation if my friend is stuck with a brick of an iPad because we don't know whose iCloud account is holding up the device... Any thoughts are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/yesua
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2012 Battery

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:48 PM PST

    I've got a 2012 MBP, and somehow she still works pretty well. The battery is dying very quickly, and doesn't even sit as 100% when plugged in anymore though. I'm just wondering if it's worth getting it replaced or should I just get a new one. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/shadyhawkins
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with videos pausing/unpausing by themselves

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:33 PM PST

    Apologies if this post is in the wrong subreddit, but this issue has been bugging me for the last couple days and has been driving me crazy.

    Whenever I try to play a video on my MacBook Pro (Mid 2015), the video will automatically pause itself every couple minutes without me doing anything. I've tried switching between Google Chrome and Safari, but the browser does not seem to be the issue. In addition, paused videos (whether I paused it myself or the video automatically paused on its own) will sometimes unpause and begin playing on its own after several minutes. I've encountered this "pausing" problem across multiple sites like YouTube and 123Movies.

    This user seemed to have a similar issue to mine but without a resolution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250379494

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/hackstudent
    [link] [comments]

    Migrating Photos from Google Photos

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:20 PM PST

    So long story short, I had the first few versions of iPhones, switched to Google for 7 years,then switched back. However, I had a Mac throughout.

    I pay for iCloud and thought I had migrated all my google photos (iphone/Mac to Google and back to Apple).

    When I bought a Pixel 3, I received 100GB free. However, today I got an email saying I won't receive any more emails unless I clear my GBs.

    I went through Google and just deleted all photos and videos. Well, on my iPhone, so many of the photos and videos aren't there. For whatever reason, they never backed up.

    Is there any easy way of migrating easily? For example, any way to transfer all and then Apple knows if it has it already. I don't want double of every photo and video, unless that's the only way.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/peji911
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7s malfunctions when playing voice recordings.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:59 PM PST

    Whenever I play a voice recording (myself, or someone else's) my phone's display will random blink off for 1-2 seconds, then back on, stopping the recording. If I go to click the play button again, sometimes it will play, sometimes it will play for a second and blink off and on again, sometimes it will blink off and on again without playing the recording.

    This happens with WhatsApp voice messages, voice memo recordings, voice record pro app. I've noticed that I can make the problem happen if I move my phone while listening to a recording. It still does it even if my phone is sitting still though.

    submitted by /u/DMM710
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Ear Phone Always Breaking

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 04:36 PM PST

    Apple Watch Series 3 (Cellular) HELP!!!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:18 PM PST

    Hi guys, I need some major help with this. I know nothing about Apple and their stuff (I'm an Android user lol)

    So my GF has not used her Apple Watch in months, and we've decided to sell it. Now, the guy who bought it can't connect it with his iPhoneXR (iOS version 13.2.3). I unfortunately don't know the WatchOS version since it can't be paired.

    He's called to ask if we unpaired it etc and my GF has said yes. But during the call the watch was taken off the iCloud account and FindMyPhone belonging to my GF. It was already unpaired with the watch app since she hasn't been using it.

    Prior to selling, I reset the watch entirely so it just need to be paired again to a new phone, or so I thought.

    Is the Activation Lock still active in this case? Would that mean I would need to get the watch returned, paired back to my GFs phone, update the WatchOS, and then unpair it/reset it again?

    Please let me know everything I can do, I'm open to every possible solution even if I have already done it.

    Thanks a bunch Reddit community and of course, Apple fans!!

    submitted by /u/SirMirex7
    [link] [comments]

    Elgato HD60s Audio Issues

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:17 PM PST

    Problem:

    Live commentary keeps freezing after a few seconds of being used. Whenever I swap audio inputs back and forth it unfreezes, captures a small portion of audio and then freezes and doesn't capture anymore live commentary. Everything else works fine. (using a Razer headset plugged into the 3.5mm Headphone jack) This persists to happen even with the computers default built in Mic.

    Computer:

    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

    4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

    Thoughts:

    I understand i'm not running my Elgato on the best computer, or even recommended specs, But this wasn't an issue for at least 7 days after I started using the capture card. I'm not the smartest when it comes to computers but I wouldn't consider myself dumb. Could it possibly be an issue with the audio card? (is that even a thing!?)

    Please help, thank you.

    attachment: https://imgur.com/a/5Nhohq1

    this is a link to a video of me clapping while recording for 30 seconds, halfway through it just stops picking up my audio.

    submitted by /u/tucktuck66
    [link] [comments]

    I got a cellular update failed after updating my iPhone 8 to IOS 13.2.3. Along with getting an error for my cellular data, when I select it, it says "An update is required to use cellular data on this iPhone" but there aren't any cellular updates.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:41 PM PST

    Looking for ASD 3S152 or ASD 3S157 or a solution to restore missing Apple hardware Diagnostic partition.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:25 PM PST

    My Applications starts to freeze from time to time, sometimes more than half of them in a time, even have to force shutdown the machine, because it's can't even restart properly.

    I tried to run Apple Diagnostic, but the partition is missing, probably was formatted, and the network diagnostic also gives an error: Cannot Load 'EFI/Drivers/TestSupport.efi.

    iMac13,2 (27, late 2012) on SK hynix SH920 mSATA 256GB.

    https://preview.redd.it/qdzl76r6k3141.png?width=729&format=png&auto=webp&s=b5c3992c3e246b4df33f5982a1b92c043e90396e

    submitted by /u/laszlotuss
    [link] [comments]

    spoof mac address on mac os catalina?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:11 PM PST

    I essentially need to change my wifi identifier because of bans some of you might have seen my other posts.

    Anyway, did some digging none of the tutorials I found work, so right now I have a macbook pro 2019 running mac os catalina.

    Seems like Nord VPN does not hide torrenting 😂

    submitted by /u/omniversalvoid
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t update Mac OS

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:57 PM PST

    The IT team we have at work sucks. They take forever to figure out anything. The desktop displayed the flashing folder with the question mark so I had to reset it. I followed the instructions I found online to do the command + R and erase the disk. It worked but now it's running the original version which I think is mountain lion. It will not update to any other version. Every time I try I get an error message. I've also tried updating via the terminal and it still did not update.

    Error message 1: can not verify signature Error message 2: file is corrupted please download the file again on the App Store

    It's a late 2012 Mac Desktop.

    I contacted Apple support but they wanted me to take it to the Apple store or an authorized tech. I can't find anything online to fix the issue. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/stkiyah
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get a MacBook Pro (same value) in exchange of dead Air under AppleCare+

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:58 PM PST

    Hi All, My 2019 MacBook Air died an hour ago. It was struggling to keep up with my work load and would often become hot, unresponsive and the fan would run on turbo-mode al the time. Earlier, when it was under heavy load, it simply shut down and will not turn on anymore. It is less than 4 weeks old and has AppleCare+ until 2022. I am sure that I need a MacBook Pro and am wondering if I can exchange it for a Pro at the apple store?

    Please advise! TIA

    submitted by /u/iwishiwasai
    [link] [comments]

    Not getting iMessage notifications for one person

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:56 PM PST

    My dad and I work together, and communicate via text frequently throughout the day. For the last 2 weeks he's not getting any notification pop up from me when I send him a text.

    I've ensured doesn't have my alerts silence (toggled it back and forth).

    He doesn't have do not disturb toggled on in our message thread.

    We've both logged in and out of our iCloud accounts.

    I've wiped and restored his phone.

    I've deleted the iMessage thread and started a new one.

    He gets notifications from everyone else, and will get them from me if it's in a group thread as well. Anyone got any idea or things I could possibly try? He doesn't get a pop up, a notification on his watch or anything other than a "1" in the message bubble on his home screen.

    I did get an iPad Pro a few weeks ago and signed into a new device, I'm not sure if that could have affected anything on his end. I haven't tried logging in and out of that yet though. Nobody else has any issues with messages from me. I'm using an iPhone XS Max, he's on an iPhone 11. Both running current version of ios.

    Thanks for any help or suggestions!

    submitted by /u/ISUVetMed
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Photos and Raw files bug?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:34 PM PST

    So, im totally maxed out on my iCloud space, 2tb, and my photos aren't syncing anymore. I have a ton of old cr2 canon raw files that have jpeg sidecar files and dont really need raw for appletv viewing. So I export about 25gb of the original files, and delete them from iCloud. I go to recently deleted in photos and empty it out. I wait for the changes to sync, and verify on iCloud.com that the photos are gone and that I have more iCloud space. I then dump the cr2 files, keeping the unmodified jpegs and reimport the jpegs. I check in photos and the files dont have the little 2 layer J icon at the top left. good to go! I let it sync for 20 minutes or so, come back and check iCloud.com for my storage space and im back to having almost none. I go into photos, all those photos now have the 2 layer J icon at the top left and if I re-export these recent imports it spits out the original JPG AND the CR2!!! what the hell is going on? does apple retain the data on the server even after its been deleted? how is it linking itself to the cr2 file? I had this issue a few months back (ive been hitting the 2tb limit forever) and it was the same back then. my work around was to batch process the files in photoshop exporting new jpegs. doing so prevents the files from linking up on iCloud and I can successfully lower my storage use. but why do I have to batch convert in photoshop? not only is it an unnecessary hit to the quality, but it also takes time. is it a bug? can anyone replicate it? whats going on here?

    submitted by /u/sychox51
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone and iCloud Photo question

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:25 PM PST

    Hi guys, this friday I'll upgrade from my iPhone 6 to an iPhone 11, I'm very excited.

    The question is: the moment I will login with my Apple ID the thousands of pics I have on my 6 are gonna be synced to the 11? This is something I DO NOT want to happen do I need to tweak any setting to make it NOT happen? I would like to start fresh!

    At the same time I want the new photos I will take on my 11 to be synced on iCloud Photo, is it possible?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/darkdevil1100
    [link] [comments]

    Need to download some voicemails off iPhone - are there free options or is iMazing best?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:32 PM PST

    Need to download some voicemails for a project i am working on before my phone fills up. Kicking myself for missing out on that iMazing promo from 2 weeks ago for $20.00 one could get both the Mac and Windows license

    Any free tools i can use?

    submitted by /u/Gateway2000PC
    [link] [comments]

    macbook imessage notification & keyboard questions

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:29 PM PST

    1. i'm not sure if this was with the latest update but for my imessage, i turned on the setting that hides message previews. it used to show contact name iMessage or Text Message in the notification but now it just shows Messages 1 new notification. is there any way to change that or is that just with the update? quite unfortunate that they removed the old feature if that's the case.

    2. my keyboard keys have become a lot louder and therefore more annoying when i type. they sound like they're sticky but i'm not sure. would it be possible that they're sticky and how would i make the keys sound less annoying when i type?

    submitted by /u/PitifulPineapple
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 16" has 3 Volumes in Disk Utility, How to Remove?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:08 PM PST

    I'm selling my MacBook, and wanted to reset the system to factory default. I went into MacOS recovery mode, and deleted "Macintosh HD - Data". This caused my Macbook to go into a weird boot loop (Which is odd, because I thought Catalina spit the HD into two separate volumes to avoid this kind of thing), and I ended up reinstalling Catalina on "Macintosh HD - Data", which solved the boot loop.

    Unfortunately, this has resulted in Disk Utility showing 3 volumes now. I have:

    • Macintosh HD

    • Macintosh HD - Data

    • Macintosh HD - Data - Data

    Here's some images showing the details of each: https://imgur.com/a/G3EdVIc

    I'm trying to get back to just having Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD - Data, but I'm not sure how. Does anyone have any advice on this?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/fawkhish
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MacBook Air: Sound loss after waking up from sleep

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:01 PM PST

    Hi all,

    We have a 2019 MacBook Air (core i5) which has a peculiar issue where sound output stops functioning after the laptop is woken up from sleep (i.e. lid closed to put to sleep and opened to wake up). Only a reboot resolves this issue.

    We have tried resetting SMC and NVRAM to no avail. Updated to the latest software version of 10.15.1 - but the issue still occurs. One thing we forgot to try is to plug in headphones when sound dies to see if it starts functioning but even so - that should't be necessary...

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mcfuzzum
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel