• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 6, 2019

    macOS Daisy Disk is awesome!

    macOS Daisy Disk is awesome!


    Daisy Disk is awesome!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    I'm sure some of you have run into the "system is taking up a ton of space" macOS problem. After looking up some solutions to this problem, I found DaisyDisk, paid $10 for it, and found a TON of hidden unity project folders taking up space as well as some caches and hidden folders that were never used. I ended up clearing 40gb of space which was huge! Daisy Disk is TOTALLY worth the $10 and I know it will come in handy in the future.

    Just had to share :)

    submitted by /u/Landon_Hughes
    [link] [comments]

    How can I tell which of my Mac apps will break under Catalina? I want to be prepared before upgrading.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 11:14 PM PDT

    Euro sign (€) on U.S International keyboard?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 01:06 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I'm from Belgium but I type Dutch (U.S International) Qwerty instead of the standard French/Belgian Azerty keyboard. In Windows and Linux when I type ALT + 5 I get a € sign, but in MacOS Mojave I get a infinite sign ∞

    Why? When you Google U.S international it show's the same keyboard as mine on Google images.

    U.S International layout

    submitted by /u/Denisuu
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended compression apps

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Hi - I've tried Keka and Entropy recently, but I often just end up using command line, or occasionally 7-zip under Wine.

    Seems like Keka is the most common recommendation, but it honestly drives me nuts - it is so simplistic. I preferred Entropy, but even it is lacking. Does anyone know of a MacOS native app that has a similar workflow and knobs to tweak like 7-zip or WinRAR? Thanks

    submitted by /u/joey_shabadoos_bro
    [link] [comments]

    What’s exciting about pairing iPhone to an iMac? Silly of me thought that I could use my iPhone as a Bluetooth remote with the new Apple TV on macOS Catalina.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Denon x4300h reciever with 11 channels

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    I have my macbook pro hooked up to my denon via hdmi,how can i get all the channels? I am using room eq wizard it only shows the 7 ch plus sub. I want to be able to get 7.1.4. Is this something i would be able to do on catalina ? I am on mojave my laptop is i belive a 2017 model.

    submitted by /u/kritikosxamos
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to send a button input when the microphone detects audio over a certain threshold?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:18 PM PDT

    I know, this is a really weird idea. Don't question me. Ideally there should be a low latency, or at least a predictable amount of latency between the loud noise and the button press.

    submitted by /u/manawesome326
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox 360 controller as mouse/keyboard

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    I'm looking for an app similar to Gopher360 or Controller Companion on Windows. They allow the Xbox controller to behave as a mouse on the desktop, and show an on-screen keyboard.

    How could I do this on MacOS ? I'm already using "360Controller" to have it work with games, but I'd love to have control on the desktop as well. :)

    submitted by /u/observablemultiverse
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading to El Capitan 10.11 on my Macbook

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    Hello everyone I really need some help from somebody who knows what theyre talking about.

    If I bring my mac to the apple store will they be able to update my computers OS for me? I usually try to avoid updates because I find them confusing but I need to update from 10.10.5 to 10.11 for a crucial piece of software to my hobby/work. I've tried downloading some Dmg files but theyre for a higher version than 10.11 and it says I need 10.11 first.

    I really need to figure this out and I've been going in circles not getting anywhere can anybody point me in the right direction or should I bring this into the apple store? What should I tell the guy at the store to help me better?

    Thank you to anyone who can help me with this one I really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Yeezy4President4ever
    [link] [comments]

    Unenrolling from MacOS Beta

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    Hi everybody! I just installed macOS Catalina beta (latest) on my Mac but I was wondering the following thing. If I'm running on beta, will I still get the updates everyone gets after the official version comes out or just the betas? If not, is it possible to get the normal OTA updates after unenrolling? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Vlad2102
    [link] [comments]

    Window management on Mac

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    Embarassingly basic question, I've been using a 2017 MacBook for the last few months and still don't quite get windows management.

    Why does Cmd+Tab show me some apps which, when highlighted, don't appear (though the bar at the top changes to that app's)? What's up with apps on the right hand side of the dock and why don't they appear when I Cmd+Tab onto them? It's the main thing I miss about Windows 10 where Alt+Tab cycled through each window of each programme. With Mac OS it all feels a lot more arcane. Is there some logic I'm missing?

    Thanks all and feel free to mock my ignorance.

    submitted by /u/Trebia218
    [link] [comments]

    Server for iMac

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    I am running out of space on my iMac SSD drive and since I use it as my office computer I am considering setting a server (NAS) instead of replacing the internal SSD with one with more capacity. Does anyone has experience with this kind of set up? Can I just buy a WD My Cloud and use it as a server where I have my files accessible through Finder?

    submitted by /u/piressampaio
    [link] [comments]

    Is there exact Window's drag window snap app for MacOS?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    The only functionality is the exact Window's behavior of drag window snapping. Is there any app to give me this functionally? I am not looking for any keyboard based controls.

    submitted by /u/w34ksaUce
    [link] [comments]

    What websites made you switch or needed to use a Chromium like Google Chrome

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    For example In Facebook I can't send a photo directly by using the camera or doing a video call. As well as some Google websites.

    submitted by /u/joshmasangcay89
    [link] [comments]

    Best disk manager software for free and open-source?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel