• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 6, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 05]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 05]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 05]

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:07 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    On this day, Steve Jobs died eight years ago. What is your favorite Steve Jobs moment? Mine is when he held a mock funeral to honor the end of development of Mac OS 9.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    Apple Pay transit in Sydney: Contactless payments now on all services in Opal network

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 08:27 PM PDT

    Tim Cook Remembers Steve Jobs on 8th Anniversary of His Death

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    Apple To Open Its First Retail Store In India.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    Testing Night Mode on the Ultra Wide lens @ iPhone 11

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 09:56 PM PDT

    Consumer Reports names iPhone 11 Pro the best smartphone, praising battery life and camera

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    Apple iPad (2019) review: no competition

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 07:14 AM PDT

    I made Mac Mouse Fix, a simple Mac app that will make your 3rd party mouse better by allowing you to use Mission Control and more, right from your mouse. It also features a refined smooth-scrolling algorithm and on top of that, it's 100% free, lightweight, and easy-to-use.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    Download


    Hi there!

    My name is Noah and I made Mac Mouse Fix. When I started this project I was completely new to software development but with the power of Google, Stack Overflow, and Apple's Developer Documentation at my fingertips I managed to learn what is necessary to deliver a solid little app that I hope will be useful for many people! Working on Mac Mouse Fix made me discover a passion for programming, and led me to enroll in a Computer Science Degree at college, which has been awesome so far. I've been quite busy with that last semester, but this summer break I finally found the time to work on Mouse Fix again and I'm so glad to finally share it with you!

    Features

    • Switch Between Spaces, activate Mission Control, Launchpad, or Quick Look, or use the side buttons to navigate through pages in your browser. All of that and more. Right from your mouse.
    • New Smooth Scrolling algorithm that strikes a perfect balance between fluidity and control. Allows you to change mouse scrolling direction independently of trackpad scrolling direction.
    • 100% free, light on system resources, and fully open source. Plugs into System Preferences. There is no status bar item. Mouse Fix aims to be as clutter-free as possible.

    Help make Mac Mouse Fix even better on GitHub.

    Questions

    Why make it? There are already apps for smooth scrolling and remapping mouse buttons.

    I was looking for a way to use Spaces and Mission Control from my mouse. I found some great software like Steer Mouse and BetterTouchTool, but none of it was free. So I decided to build my own - 100% free - solution. I worked on the smooth scrolling algorithm mostly because it was a lot of fun and I also think it fits Mac Mouse Fix really well.

    Does Mouse Fix track your information?

    I'm committed to your privacy. Mouse Fix does not have ads and it doesn't track any information about you. I did not create Mouse Fix to make money - but you're welcome to Buy Me A Milkshake if you want to! ;)

    Known Issues:

    • If you're using a Bluetooth mouse, Mac Mouse Fix might not be able to remap its buttons to system functions. I plan on pushing an update that fixes this issue soon.
    • Alt-scrolling to zoom in Photoshop currently doesn't work when Smooth Scroll is enabled. The next update will fix this issue as well.
    • Some users have reported issues running the macOS 10.15 Catalina beta. I have not been able to test on Catalina yet. I don't yet know how long it will take to fix this issue.
    submitted by /u/RevolutionaryCredit2
    [link] [comments]

    Throwback to Jonathan Ive's tribute to Steve Jobs on his death anniversary ��❤️

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:30 AM PDT

    Created a Free app using SwiftUI to search concert Setlists and create Apple Music playlists direct from the app

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    For the past few months, I’ve been building Budgel - it combines elements of geocaching and social media to bring the concept of a message in a bottle to the smartphone era. It’s out now!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    [Self Promo Saturday] I'm working on a super simple and lightweight text editor for iOS. Beta signup inside!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 05:52 PM PDT

    While taking a short break from my other project, I realized I couldn't find a text editor on iOS that fit my needs. So I decided to make one. Introducing Femto, the smallest text editor you'll ever use! The file size comes in at less than 1mb, making it the smallest out of any other text editor I could find. Features include:

    • Light/dark modes
    • Font customization (family+size)
    • Accent color customization
    • Quick list creation
    • iCloud Drive/Files integration
    • Typewriter mode! (Keeps current line in the center of the screen)

    Here are a few screenshots of the current state.

    I opened the app up for beta testing earlier this week. If you want to join, just fill out this form.

    submitted by /u/turquoisehexagon-sun
    [link] [comments]

    Exclusive: Antitrust probers in Congress ask Spotify to detail alleged Apple abuses - sources

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 02:41 AM PDT

    Quote Keeper: App to store book and kindle highlights

    Posted: 05 Oct 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel