• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 8, 2019

    macOS Catalina finally nods to the Brits: Trash is now called: "Bin".

    macOS Catalina finally nods to the Brits: Trash is now called: "Bin".


    Catalina finally nods to the Brits: Trash is now called: "Bin".

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:08 PM PDT

    I assume this updates for UK Macs.

    submitted by /u/jezzac
    [link] [comments]

    I’d like to thank Apple for not making MacOS randomly update when booting

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:09 AM PDT

    Catalina is finally here

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    macOS Catalina is available today

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    Can you sync your iOS & iPadOS devices wirelessly through the macOS Catalina Finder?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    In iTunes (R.I.P.), you were able to sync your devices over the network, without having to directly plug in a USB cable into your Mac. Is it possible to sync your devices like this through the Finder in macOS Catalina?

    submitted by /u/Aki-Baidya
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina Update Stuck On Setting Up MAC?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:09 PM PDT

    Has anyone had this happen? My MacBook appears to be stuck on the "Setting Up Your Mac" screen. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/RobDMB
    [link] [comments]

    Ars Technica Review: MacOS 10.15 Catalina

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:50 PM PDT

    Catalina upgrade ‘changed' my App Store country

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:45 PM PDT

    I'm an Australian living in Thailand and my Apple ID is still 'linked' to the Australian iOS and MacOS stores.

    After the Catalina upgrade I found that the MacOS App Store and the new TV app store had 'linked' me to the Thai stores, although in System Preferences my App Store region still said "Australia"; all prices in the App store were in Thai Baht.

    Following this instructions in this link, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201389#computer fixed the issue in the TV app - I was missing some Purchased movies which are now available again.

    In the MacOS App Store I had to click the 'Change Country or Region' option, which displayed a dialog saying I could not change country because I had an active Australian Apple Music subscription. I saw the App Store window refresh in the background at this point. I clicked the 'Go Back' button and voila, currencies were back to $AUD.

    Hope this might help other expats who maintain their App Store accounts in their "home" country.

    submitted by /u/sinwards
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Catalina (10.15) out now!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    Dark Mode doesn't automatically change

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:45 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have the Catalina installed, and set the appearance to Auto. However, it has not changed from Dark Mode since I installed it, regardless of the time of day. Is there something else I'm missing?

    The only thing I can think of that may be relevant was I used this tutorial in the past with Mojave to create a keyboard shortcut to toggle, and perhaps how it set it has permanently left something hanging around causing it to ignore what I select in System Preferences > General > Appearance: https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/06/14/how-to-toggle-dark-mode-with-a-keyboard-shortcut-or-the-touch-bar. I've since removed this automator script and shortcut.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/juu073
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina is available now.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    I’m going in...

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    macOS Catalina auto dark mode not working?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    I have it enabled on my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Pro. On the iPad and iPhone, it turned on as it should at sundown. On the Mac, nothing.

    submitted by /u/ctnutmegger
    [link] [comments]

    Did the Catalina upgrade completely screw up the album artwork for anybody else's music library?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    Some of my album art was embedded, which is still fine, but anything and everything I fetched from iTunes (most of my music library) is now gone, giving me just the generic grey musical note.

    submitted by /u/gsdfrszxdgse
    [link] [comments]

    Help!!! Stuck in Catalina update boot loop because of less free space

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:08 PM PDT

    MacBook stuck in an eternal boot loop because of less free space. I booted into recovery mode, launched terminal, deleted files yet df -h shows no increase in free space (about 20gb should be freed up). There are no files in the users .Trash or the volumes .Trashes. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/EndlessDesire
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Catalina Been setting up for 30 minutes. What do I do?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 03:18 PM PDT

    Poll: Is Catalina Working Well or Not So Well For You?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    I've heard mixed reviews about Catalina. I'd like to get it for the sidecar option, but I can wait. If you've downloaded it, is it really buggy or not so bad? Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/Shaner41
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina is here ❤️

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    Updating to Catalina ��

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 12:56 AM PDT

    External Display won't work with my MBP 2017 TB after Catalina update. It just shows a blue screen.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    Left my monitor plugged into my mbp while it updated to Catalina and now it just shows a blank blue screen. The computer still recognizes it and the monitor itself is fine. But the connection between the two just gets screwed up a couple of seconds after plugging it in. Does anyone have any insights?

    submitted by /u/vvvv110
    [link] [comments]

    sidecar when macbook is on ethernet

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    I've tried connecting to my ipad air 3 using the airplay menu, and it doesn't show up there. the ipad only shows up when I hook it up via usb. I don't want to put my macbook on wifi since it's on a caldigit ts3+ hub already and I like the extra speed.

    submitted by /u/badboyreureu
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina’s here!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    [help] "macOS Catalina" could not be verified

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:40 PM PDT

    Can anyone help me with this error? It happened after I finished downloading Catalina. Thanks

    submitted by /u/henryhung15595
    [link] [comments]

    How can I extract the individual images from the Catalina dynamic wallpaper?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:26 PM PDT

    Where would that file be located? I just want to use one static image as my wallpaper which is not either of the two they provided. Thanks! 🤓

    submitted by /u/fatality789
    [link] [comments]

    New Catalina TV app not showing all my Purchased movies

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:09 PM PDT

    I don't have a huge Purchased movies collection - only 9. After the Catalina update and launching the new TV app, my library on my iMac shows only 2 of the 9 Purchased movies. Accessing Purchased option under the Account menu also only shows the same 2 movies and the 'Not in my Library' shows the same 2 movies.

    I am an Australian living in Thailand and noticed that the Catalina upgrade has moved me to the Thai store. I guess this is the problem...

    submitted by /u/sinwards
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel