• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 19, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 19]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 19]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 19]

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    U.S. lawmakers urge Apple to restore HKMap app used in Hong Kong -- letter

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 11:54 AM PDT

    Optimized battery: a lot of people have wondered so I’m confirming my experience.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    Had my 11 Pro Max since a week after launch (switched from beta to official once 13.1 was released) and optimized battery started working last night. I got the notification this morning that it would be sure to finish charging by 4:30am, which brings up another point:

    It will still work even if your sleep isn't especially consistent. I wake up between 4:30 and 7:00.

    EDIT: I noticed the notification before 4:30, because I was up pretty early. I wonder if a lot of people's battery optimization is working but they just don't know because they don't wake up early am enough to see the notification, and by the time they wake up it's finished charging so the notification has self-dismissed.

    EDIT 2: A comment reminded me a your battery stats will show you whether it's working or not, if you haven't seen the notification. https://i.imgur.com/WKRG8mP.jpg

    EDIT 3: I use an off brand cable and an iPad wall block, so you don't have to use the stuff that came in the box.

    submitted by /u/EzekielGoldman
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Android Convert

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    So, with feeling very underwhelmed by Google lately, and the lack of a solid smartwatch option for Android, I am open to switching to Apple for my next phone. I have used them in the past for work and I help family members with their phones and iPads, but have not used one as my main daily driver ever. I have used Android since it first came out.

    I have heard the Apple watch is great and the amount of apps for it are really good, but again, haven't ever used one. I am trying to determine if I could handle the change from Android to iOS every day. I currently have a Pixel 2XL and use a Garmin Fenix 3 as my "smartwatch".

    One thing that would make my choice a little easier is if Apple would release their phone with USB-C instead of lightning for the charging. Do you guys think that is likely to happen with their next phone?

    Also, the other thing that concerns me is that I would like a way to test out the ecosystem for like a month before committing and later deciding I didn't like it. Do y'all know of any possible way to do something like that?

    Anything else I should know going into something like this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/chip16
    [link] [comments]

    PSA; If your bluetooth car radio is messed up since IOS13 Unpair and pair again

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have been struggling with my bluetooth car radio since IOS13 was released, A few sec after my iphone to the car, the car radio would just reboot... sometimes only three times... some times it never worked...

    In the pacthnote of the last 2 or 3 ios13 build, they were supposed to have fixed it... but not for me...

    I finally decided to unpair (forget) my iphone, and re pair it... it seems to have done the trick... for some reasons...

    It has been driving me nuts for a while now.... so hope it helps !

    submitted by /u/enarth
    [link] [comments]

    Apple refuse service on defective iPhone 7 Plus

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:39 AM PDT

    So the iPhone 7 Plus have this issue where the microphone will stop working and you can no longer place or receive calls or FaceTime. This is a known issue with this iPhone and it has been the second time it has happened to me. The first time, under warranty, Apple replaced the phone, but now, it has been 3 years since the phone released and the Apple Care + has expired and Apple won't do a thing to help me. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get my phone fixed?

    submitted by /u/gavrocheBxN
    [link] [comments]

    When will Apple announce their October Event?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel