• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 9, 2019

    Apple TV After tvOS 13, some icons are greyed our, and sone are normal; NASA and Chess are normal, for example... any idea why?

    Apple TV After tvOS 13, some icons are greyed our, and sone are normal; NASA and Chess are normal, for example... any idea why?


    After tvOS 13, some icons are greyed our, and sone are normal; NASA and Chess are normal, for example... any idea why?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:28 PM PDT

    I have a Sony Bravia TV which has most of the apps that Apple TV has and my bravia's built in netflix allows me to play content in 4k/dolby vision. what benefits in purchasing apple tv 4k which I dont already get through my TVs?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:11 PM PDT

    AppleTV apps which use Hulu+TV as login provider:

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    With weird rights issues between networks and their parent companies and Hulu, some shows having episodes with limited time on Hulu, and the (relatively) new compatibility w/ ATV ...I just wanted to see what was available, and I was bored, so...

    Using the Apple TV's TV interface, I went through and installed every major (US) network and traditional content provider to see which ones played nice with Hulu TV.

    I know there are plenty of "free" content apps and "paid sub" apps, but this list is (generally) things you would get with an old cable subscription and/or work with ATV. If I missed any, feel free to let me know.

    As of 08 OCT 2019, these network apps do not accept Hulu TV as a provider or are separate subscriptions:

    -AMC (accepts cable service)

    -Britbox [BBC and CBC] (separate sub)

    -CBS (separate sub/All-Access)

    -Comedy Central (accepts cable service)

    -EPIX (separate sub/new Apple TV channel)

    -MTV (accepts cable service/new Apple TV channel)

    -Sundance Now (separate sub)

    -VH1 (accepts cable service)

    These apps will allow Hulu TV to be used as a provider and sync with Apple TV app (some with same parent company are functionally identical [i.e., Fox NOW and FX NOW]:

    -ABC

    -A & E

    -Bravo

    -The CW

    -CW Seed

    -Discovery GO

    -E!

    -Food Network GO

    -Fox NOW

    -FX NOW

    -Freeform

    -HGTV GO

    -History

    -ID [Investigation Discovery] GO

    -NBC

    -Oxygen

    -PBS [requires free PBS account/login...doesn't use Hulu credentials] ("PBS Living" is new Apple TV channel)

    -SYFY

    -TLC GO

    -TRVL Channel GO

    -USA

    submitted by /u/Mikes_Vices
    [link] [comments]

    Twitch app came to Apple TV

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    Netflix on appletv

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed that their Netflix loads slowly when going into a shows menu lately? Like when you're trying to load the episode selection menu. I'm running the new os and I'm pretty sure my Netflix app is up to date too. Also tried it on two different AppleTv's.

    submitted by /u/nitricx
    [link] [comments]

    Question: How to get Spotify tvOS app to use AirPlay?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 01:18 PM PDT

    I can't figure out how to get the new tvOS Spotify app to play on my homepods. I have the appleTV audio output set to my homepod, but Spotify insists on using my TV speaker. My TV speaker sounds horrible. Other apps audio go to HomePod with no issues.

    submitted by /u/wdm42
    [link] [comments]

    Experience with SSO or “TV Everywhere Apps”?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    Hey there, I'm mostly looking to utilize single sign-on to watch on-demand shows via apps so with that I'm seriously considering PlayStation Vue because they seem to offer the most compatibility with "TV Everywhere Apps". (Specifically for Cartoon Network, where it looks like it's only compatible with PlayStation Vue vs. YouTube TV, Hulu, AT&T TV, etc.)

    Do you guys have any recommendation for something like this? Anyone using PSVue? Or are these channel based apps overrated compared to dedicated live tv apps (e.g. YouTube TV, Sling TV)?

    submitted by /u/vdot90
    [link] [comments]

    Can different iCloud accounts be signed in to different app specific accounts?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    The library I am a part of uses kanopy. My wife and I both have accounts set up and were hoping to be able to link our kanopy accounts to our Apple TV accounts. However when I switch to her account my kanopy account is logged in to her profile.

    submitted by /u/Mayormitch100
    [link] [comments]

    Remote app no longer shows Apple TVs

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    My two Apple TVs recently updated to the latest version and now on my iPhone, I can no longer see them with the 'remote' app to control them.

    I can still see them on my phone under the Home app and have unpaired and re-paired them on the Apple TV. Any ideas on how to get this functionality back?

    submitted by /u/ChooseAUsername1024
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube app will not work

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app a few times. I've restarted and even reset AppleTV.

    YouTube doesn't want to work. Sometimes the app will open but I won't be able to steam a video or even open all features within the app.

    Does anyone know what to do about this?

    submitted by /u/ImNikkiPotnick
    [link] [comments]

    Since installing the latest TV OS my tv keeps turning on by itself. Anyone else see this

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 11:44 AM PDT

    Spotify for Apple TV keeps logging me out

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Almost every time I open the app it's logged me out and I have to use a code to pair the app with my account. It does this even if I haven't turned off the Apple TV (4k model) - sometimes I can come out of the app, leave it a few minutes, then go back in and it asks me to log in again. I don't have this problem on any other devices or with any other apps (Netflix, Prime, Youtube etc.) No idea why it's doing this. I've tried restarting and reinstalling but it's still happening. Is it just me? Thanks for any help and advice on this - I've waited for the Spotify app for ages and was very pleased when it was released yesterday... if only it would keep me logged in!

    submitted by /u/ChilliMouse
    [link] [comments]

    Will we ever get a PS4 remote play app?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Been using my apple tv 4k for about 2 years now and love it. But with the new support for a dualshock 4 it would be nice to stream my ps4 from my gameroom to my bedroom without having to unplug it. If the ipad and iphone have it, the apple tv should too. Been waiting forever.

    submitted by /u/xMd3w
    [link] [comments]

    Movies ParaNorman and Kubo and the two stings are not showing up when searching for movies to purchase or rent. They used to available. Any idea why?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    Hell freezes over..Spotify on Apple TV

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    I don't wish them success tough, during last year I only used Apple Music because each time I tried Spotify it drove me nuts with UI, and AM recently started to better discover music for me not to mention "My Siri Station" which actually is brilliant :)

    submitted by /u/PeachOrPear
    [link] [comments]

    [BUG] Apple TV Goes to sleep while streaming radio with app

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    tvOS 13.0(17j586) Apple TV A1842 (64GB) App: radio.de Up to date

    My Sleep After is set to 15 minutes (also tried with 60 minutes). I stream a radio station but the Apple TV still goes to sleep after the set time. This should not happen cause I am using the Apple TV. With amazon prime and Netflix this does not happen. I do not want to turn of the sleep timer, cause I do sometimes forget to turn it off and then I need it. This didn't happen before tvOS13. Anybody know something about this?

    submitted by /u/JimBobFixItAll
    [link] [comments]

    Movie Language Updates​

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    I've noticed Apple sometimes updates a movie you have previously bought, for example, if it wasn't available in 4K format it later gets the option to be played in that format. Do you know if that happens with languages, in quality and language per se?

    submitted by /u/TonyPrzS
    [link] [comments]

    Australian 50Hz vs US 60Hz, settings help.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    In Australia we work off 50Hz but in the US it's 60Hz. I have my ATV 4K set to match frame rate and for the most part it works perfectly. When switching to movies, Netflix etc the tv switches the Hz along with it for smooth playback BUT when watching music videos, free to air catch up apps and my home videos from my phone it can't detect it and stays on what I have the Apple TV set at.

    The annoying part of it is for home videos, music videos (music app), you tube I have to have it set at 60Hz or it judders BUT for my free to air apps (Australian) I need to have it set at 50Hz for them to not judder.

    Am I missing something in the settings? Or do I simply have to change the output manually every time I switch between, say a home video from my phone to my local SBS catch up app?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/McAdamstry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel