• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    Apple Macbook May be very useful for most Mac users

    Apple Macbook May be very useful for most Mac users


    May be very useful for most Mac users

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    Computer illiterate individual here. I have a 2014 macbook air. Recently I notice this application keeps showing up, it comes back with a different name each time, but same icon. More in comments (help)

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    I want to upgrade my MacBook pro late 2013 ssd,could anyone help me?Thank you so much!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:29 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook pro late 2013,the 128GB ssd seems not sufficient now.

    I want to upgrade ssd to 512GB,and I Googled that intel 760p and samsung 970 EVO may work for me. (owc is too expensive!)

    So will they cause the sleep problem and can i install windows after upgrading?

    I really really need your help😉Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/PoisonOff
    [link] [comments]

    2015 - 2017 MBP airline ban: current status and experiences on unaffected units?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    As you may remember, back in August there was a big thing about MBPs sold between 2015 and 2017 having an issue with the battery catching fire, and as a result, the affected units have been banned from flights. I haven't heard much of anything about it since mid-August, and googling turns up articles from that time frame, but nothing really since then.

    In two weeks I'm supposed to be flying for a work event, and my work computer is a MBP sold in 2016. My serial number comes up as not being affected by the battery recall, but I don't know how closely the TSA or airlines are checking MBPs. Are they as far as checking the actual serial numbers? If I get to security and they try to confiscate my work computer just because it's in the date and model range, can I somehow get them to check the serial number to confirm it's ok to fly?

    What's the current status on this? Does anyone have any experience of units not in the recall list, but they're in the date/model range and having to convince the TSA or airline to still let them fly with it? Is it something I even need to worry about?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/thinker5555
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard Replacement and Replacing the Whole Unit

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    MacBook retina 12 inch early 2015 upgrade questions

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    I got this computer when it first came out. I love the lightness and portability. As all Mac products it's starting to slowdown a little bit after 4 years. I don't do much on it besides web browsing, light processing whether it be excel or word, sometimes I use it as an extra screen if I want to stream a sport while watching tv. Is there a way to add RAM or upgrade my computer in any way to speed it back up? Am I better off selling it at this point and rolling the proceeds into a new computer? Just trying to figure out what my best next move is. Thanks guys for all your help.

    submitted by /u/dangrizzle414
    [link] [comments]

    How can I put my calendar on my desktop like in ipadOS?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    I really need my calendar to show up as a widget like it does in ipadOS.

    How do I do this?

    submitted by /u/MontisQ
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Backup Questions

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    Hi folks,

    I recently bought a MacBook Air (2019) and upgraded to Catalina. Ever since I've had loads of crashes and black screens which has prompted me to go about wanting to downgrade back to Mojave. After reading some guides (I'm usually PC user) I have some questions on how the time machine/back up works.

    I understand in doing the downgrade it'll wipe everything but that if I have another external drive I can have a system back up. However, my question is what exactly backs up? Is it just files/folders? Or does it back up the entire system and applications? I've done a lot of downloads and changes via terminal, downloading homebrew(and etc. lots more), configuring settings to output to github and etc. Does that all back up onto that? Or are those things I'm going to have to redo? I'm mostly worried about my terminal/iterm2 changes since it was a bit of a tedious process to do(as I'm still learning).

    Please let me know if I can clarify more, any insight is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/suddensanity
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade SSD in 2015 rMBP options?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    What are my options on upgrading? This is my first Macbook, wanted something better for video editing while traveliing away from home. Its coming with a 250GB SSD, but would like to add in a 500GB SSD. Is it as simple as buying any m.2 SSD? or is it going to only work with certain models?

    Thanks!

    (I've always been a PC user so never been subjected to having to buy specific parts)

    submitted by /u/HuntersPad
    [link] [comments]

    macbook battery

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    I realized it was time to replace my original macbook battery since its cycles reached 1000 charges.

    Ive had my macbook for 3 years now and I went to get a battery, was working fine at first but after a month it barely functions... I have no Battery icon on the top right bar, I drop heavily in FPS when I game on it, pages barely load at all, I had none of these issues before, notice that the behaviour is the same when the macbook warns you that the battery is at 5% and everything slows down.

    I'm pretty sure I got scammed on my battery, I suspect it is a fake one, the man offered me the replacement for 40 dollars, I thought how hard can it be, open lid unplug battery and replug new battery..

    Have I missed something or why is my battery "not installed" or "not recognized" ?

    Battery in login screen looks like a battery with an X on it, and the option to show battery icon is permanentally disabled

    submitted by /u/MujjeKat
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook doesn't respond or charge.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    I have a Macbook Air and today the fan started to work at high speed without a reason. I've looked on internet and i reseted the MSC but now the computer is not responding. I've tried to charge but even the light doesn't work. I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Malin-
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2016 (Late Ver.) should I update to macOS Catalina

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    will this slow my system down or will it be fine?

    submitted by /u/BarrySpring
    [link] [comments]

    2012 Pro - i7, 500gb SSD, 16gb for $550. Is it worth it?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:08 AM PDT

    2018 mcbook pro with TB battery issues

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    Hey guys so I bought my MBP around christmas time last year so its about one year old now. Its on 39 charge cycles now as I dont use it all to often. The maximum charge capacity of my battery is at 5000 mAh which seems kind of low to me after just 39 cycles.

    I don't have apple care but will this be covered under the assumption that the macbook is not working as advertised?

    Also I havent yet updated to the newest software version yet i am still at mojave. I will update it and then look at the max charge capacity before going to the apple store.

    submitted by /u/ohRyZze
    [link] [comments]

    Two monitors are able to separately work with the mac air but not both at the same time. How to fix that?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    Adapter, HDMI, VGA all work fine when tested separately.

    submitted by /u/M3r0uk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel