• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    Apple Help Lost my phone 3 weeks ago just received this, this is fake right?

    Apple Help Lost my phone 3 weeks ago just received this, this is fake right?


    Lost my phone 3 weeks ago just received this, this is fake right?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    How do you actually add GameCenter friends nowadays? On iOS or macOS?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:43 AM PDT

    I think I've read that it must be done via iMessage somehow, but how do you do it, like on iOS or on a Mac?

    Apple Arcade even on macOS Catalina seems to be using GameCenter but I have no idea how to invite people to be my friends.

    submitted by /u/savoytruffle
    [link] [comments]

    How come when I try to open YouTube links in the Reddit app, it opens the link in safari instead of my YouTube app (ios13)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:34 PM PDT

    iPhone 7 - 13.1.2 - audio glitch

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:21 PM PDT

    Hi guys, recently I experience some audio glitches while listening to the Apple Podcast app. Reminds me of a CD skipping and is quite annoying. I have googled around, but couldn't find a solution. Also noted that most of the entries are dated from 2018, nothing recent. Hope you guys have any ideas or experience with this issue.

    submitted by /u/rjts1980
    [link] [comments]

    Time machine transfer information keeps freezing

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    My wife recently got a new macbook pro and we are using time machine to transfer her files to the new machine. We are using the setup wizard, and so have not even had a chance to do anything but select language yet.

    It seemed to be working fine, but it has been stuck on '7 hours' for the past three hours. It seems like it has gone to sleep and is not able to wake up, which makes no sense to me. I've wiggled the mouse, and unplugged it and replugged it. It did respond with a chime when I removed the plug and put it back.

    Is this normal? Is there a step that I am missing? It seems like an obvious problem, as transferring gigabytes of data over wifi takes longer then the pre determined sleep period. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/flamingbabyjesus
    [link] [comments]

    [MacOS Catalina] Window bug after updating, can’t type in search bar for more than 2 seconds? Any suggestions on how to fix?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:03 AM PDT

    Apple iPhone Trade In policy

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    Can anyone pinpoint when Apple's store policy for iPhone trade-ins required a new purchase to get the full value of what the old phone is worth? Last time I went to the local apple store they said the iPhone 7 (perfect condition) I was trading in would be only worth $120 on a gift card or worth $150 (true max value - according to apple website) if I put the trade-in value to another phone or other item purchase that day (or post paid trade-in within 14 days)?

    Friends in Seattle, Maryland, Houston, and LA simply just get a gift card for full value, no purchase necessary as recently as 5 days ago. My trade-in was 11 days ago.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/michjg
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro prohibited symbol upon start

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    Trying to fix a MacBook Pro 2017 for a girlfriend. When I turn it on, prohibited 🚫 symbol appears on screen.

    I hit option command p r, and tried downloading MacOS High Sierra but message says recovery server could not be contacted.

    Any advice or other posts that can point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/Brizdog1
    [link] [comments]

    AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro - 6 Secrets You Didn’t Know

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:53 AM PDT

    6 Secrets You Didn't Know.

    AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro 15 inch, MacBook Pro 13 inch, MacBook Air, MacBook 12, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro.

    1. AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased for the first 1 year. AppleCare Protection Plan must be registered with Apple prior to the expiration of your system's initial 1 year factory warranty. (Unlimited 60 days like AppleCare +). You can purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan anytime within the one-year limited warranty period
    2. Extend your warranty with Apple for a further 2 years so you will have 3 years of warranty in total. (from date of purchase)
    3. AppleCare Protection Plan is not AppleCare Plus (AppleCare+). AppleCare Protection Plan does not include accidental damage coverage of AppleCare+.
    4. The AppleCare Protection Plan is available for iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13″ and MacBook Pro 15″ Each product requires a separate AppleCare Protection Plan for coverage.
    5. The AppleCare Protection Plans for Mac provide global repair coverage. If you take your Apple hardware with you when you travel and happen to need repair service, you can contact Apple for information on how to obtain service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response time vary according to country.
    6. The AppleCare Protection Plan uses genuine Apple parts for repair service. Genuine Apple parts may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. Repairs are performed by Apple-authorised technicians.

    Apple or its affiliated companies may offer the AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac in the following countries or regions: https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/countrylist.html and https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/appgeos.html

    https://i.redd.it/akq1j32wyus31.png

    https://i.redd.it/ixhacuc4zus31.png

    https://i.redd.it/hmmnoog6zus31.png

    https://i.redd.it/t2nol1b7zus31.png

    https://i.redd.it/cjonai58zus31.png

    https://i.redd.it/e4g4z77azus31.png

    https://i.redd.it/6umi8tbbzus31.png

    https://i.redd.it/spgqyr5czus31.png

    submitted by /u/AppleCareShop
    [link] [comments]

    Broken Macbook screen and cant connect to external display

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:50 AM PDT

    Hey guys i cant get the files off my mac because the screen is broken and it wont connect to my tv via HDMI. I know the HDMI works because it will show the macs display when i accidentally get to the reset my password screen, but i cant for the life of me get it to show me the screen with the password to unlock it, are there any tips with this problem?

    submitted by /u/JeremyMcdowell
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with Corrupt iPhone Backup

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:50 PM PDT

    Hi all, I'm trying to restore a loaner phone from apple while my phone is in for repairs. I backed up the phone before I restored my phone, but now when trying to restore onto my loaner phone, it says that the backup is corrupt. I'm looking at my backup through Reincubate's iPhone Backup Extractor, and it seems as if all the stuff I really need, like messages, photos, contacts, etc are still there.

    I think my contacts are in my iCloud so there's no worry there, but i would really just prefer to have all my pictures back onto this loaner phone and back onto my old phone when I get it back.

    Is there any way to fix this? I am on a pc btw.

    Thanks :)))

    submitted by /u/Shoopuh
    [link] [comments]

    [Catalina] Chrome print dialogue doesn't have US Letter size

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:42 PM PDT

    Model: Macbook Air mid-2013*

    macOS: Catalina 10.15 (installed 12 hours ago)

    When I try to print using Chrome's print dialogue, US Letter does not appear as a paper size option in the dropdown menu found under More Settings. (Screencap)

    Obviously the workaround is to print using system dialogue, but I'm lazy and don't like bugs.

    Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix for it?

    Thanks!

    *Date corrected, specific model linked

    submitted by /u/tinyfistjab
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get Apple Limited Warranty on a used MacBook?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:40 PM PDT

    Does the warranty on a MacBook follow the device, or the owner?

    I bought a MBP off eBay; no iCloud locks or anything, and I own it, along with proof-of-purchase. Can I call up Apple with this proof-of-purchase, and renew some sort of limited warranty on this MBP?

    submitted by /u/Esp724
    [link] [comments]

    No settings in Airpods?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    I bought this off eBay but no matter how I tried re-pairing it refuses to show Airpods settings, it doesn't even show Airpods data in about. The serial checks out so I'm not sure what's wrong.

    submitted by /u/syunukiya
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with MPB, keeps on restarting at least 3 times a day.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:30 PM PDT

    Brought ipad from yard sale

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    So I brought an iPad from a yard sale seems to work perfectly for 15 bucks the owner told me he brought it from the pawn shop while it was in locked disabled mode, was able to get it into activation mode and now I don't know what to do from here like do i go to the apple store or look up some videos on how to take it out of activation mode?

    submitted by /u/RavenAsu645
    [link] [comments]

    Hacked Apple ID

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:56 PM PDT

    So a few weeks ago I came to realize that my Apple ID was hacked. However, whoever hacked me changed not only my password, but the phone number attached to my Apple ID. I can't download apps, nor can I update my device, which is causing my phone to be slow, as well as not turn on sometimes. I've been on the phone with Apple numerous times to no avail. I can't even log out of my Apple ID and make a new one without a password. If I were to bring my device to an Apple store, could they replace/fix my phone or offer compensation of some sort? I only ask because my nearest Apple store is about an hour away, but I'm desperate.

    submitted by /u/disconnectFox
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina stuck after SSD install

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    I recently acquired a MacBook Pro Mid 2012. I decided to install an SSD. I decided to use Internet Recovery and just install OS from scratch. After several attempts every time I try to install the download stops and says "About 1 hour and 15 minutes remaining" and doesn't move. Any solutions to this?

    https://imgur.com/a/m9VsTy7

    submitted by /u/pokebax
    [link] [comments]

    Water Damage on MacBook - URGENT HELP

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:25 PM PDT

    So I spilled milk on my MacBook, it had a silicon keyboard cover but as I was wiping the milk, the MacBook just went dark and I couldn't turn it on afterward. I'm leaving it to dry but as it's night and I'm not tech savvy I haven't been able to go anywhere or do anything yet. I'm really hoping it's salvageable because I just bought it 2 months ago. Someone please tell me what else to do cause I have no idea. I thought there was a lot of milk and I panicked but near the end there was not a lot of milk on the keyboard cover so I think most of it went inside. My dad's going to kill me lol please help. Also if it matters, the charge was around 25% so could it mean that it just ran out of charge? I haven't plugged it in or anything yet.

    Sorry for the wall of text. TLDR spilled milk on my Mac it's not turning on how do I fix this

    submitted by /u/PBGr12
    [link] [comments]

    Using stage 2 PFS on L2TP native VPN client

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    I am trying to configure L2TP and IPsec but need to have PFS enabled. The racoon anonymous file I try to create does not seem to work:

    # Copy the following file to the following location

    ##/etc/racoon/remote/anonymous.conf

    remote anonymous

    {

    # #exchange_mode main,aggressive;

    exchange_mode main;

    doi ipsec_doi;

    mode_cfg on;

    ike_frag on;

    rekey on;

    nonce_size 16;

    lifetime time 1 hour; # sec,min,hour

    #initial_contact on;

    support_mip6 on;

    proposal_check obey; # obey, strict or claim

    proposal {

    encryption_algorithm aes;

    hash_algorithm sha512;

    authentication_method pre_shared_key ;

    dh_group modp8192;

    }

    }

    sainfo anonymous

    {

    pfs_group modp8192;

    lifetime time 60 minutes ;

    encryption_algorithm aes ;

    authentication_algorithm hmac_sha512, hmac_sha384 ;

    compression_algorithm deflate ;

    }

    The parameters for the VPN is as follows:

    Phase 1

    set type dynamic

    set interface "port1"

    set keylife 3600

    set peertype any

    set proposal aes256-sha512 aes256-sha384

    set auto-discovery-sender enable

    set auto-discovery-receiver enable

    set auto-discovery-forwarder enable

    set dpd disable

    set dhgrp 20

    Phase 2

    set phase1name "L2TP-Native"

    set proposal aes256gcm aes256-sha512 aes256-sha384

    set dhgrp 20

    set encapsulation transport-mode

    set l2tp enable

    set keylifeseconds 3600

    If anyone has any documentation on how to configure it in Racoon

    submitted by /u/b0b15
    [link] [comments]

    Fishy Safari Extensions causing Mac Problems

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    Upgrades to a MacBook Pro mid 2015

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    My MBP 2015 has 16gb RAM and a 256gb SSD. I want to upgrade both, but I've heard from some that they're soldered in and others that they're not. Is there a good guide on upgrading the MBP 2015 model? Is this doable on my own? How hard is it for a complete hardware novice? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ThunderBow98
    [link] [comments]

    Is apple care + worth it for a 2019 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:04 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a 2019 MacBook Pro & apple care + with it. I then went home and thought further about if the benefits of apple care + outweigh its hefty price tag of $267.00. To replace the screen it's $99.00 with the insurance, and $299 for any other repairs (2 accidentals Included during a 3 year warranty). Plus all the normal benefits of apple care (tech support 247, hardware issues, etc). Has anyone used apple care + and has it been worth it? Basically, does the cost you pay for the insurance ($267) worth it in the long run?

    submitted by /u/happihustla
    [link] [comments]

    Suspicious Macbook behaviour (asking for internet password)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    My internet died so I turned the Macbook's WiFi off and on and it reconnected to the internet. But every time I tried to go to a website, the page would say I wasn't connected to the internet and I would be redirected to a page asking me to select a language, once I did, it would then go to another page asking me to enter my internet password. I've never seen this before. I've only ever entered my internet password in a popup box like this, not an internet page. The entire time, the WiFi logo was showing those 4 black curved lines.

    I ignored that and restarted the Macbook and now my internet browser is behaving normal again as if nothing happened. Was that normal?

    Macbook Pro / OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

    submitted by /u/mybikeisfked
    [link] [comments]

    Signed up for adobe CC but can’t uninstall CS6.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel