• Breaking News

    Friday, October 25, 2019

    Apple iOS Safari on my iPad suddenly has this dude with sunglasses as the icon for Google, and no matter what I do it won’t go away...any ideas?

    Apple iOS Safari on my iPad suddenly has this dude with sunglasses as the icon for Google, and no matter what I do it won’t go away...any ideas?


    Safari on my iPad suddenly has this dude with sunglasses as the icon for Google, and no matter what I do it won’t go away...any ideas?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 08:04 PM PDT

    This default wallpaper that came with iPhone 6 & 6 plus is the best iPhone default wallpaper imo. Looks amazing on OLED iPhones also (2048 x 2048)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:05 AM PDT

    Pete looks good for 168 years old.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:12 AM PDT

    Merge Text Messages

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 11:05 PM PDT

    This is possibly one of my favourite hidden features of iOS 13. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere (maybe other than release notes), and it's possible I discovered it only because I have a very particular way of storing my contacts. I consider this my own LPT. I hope this tip is useful for you.

    TLDR: What is this tip?

    If you receive text messages from different senders, storing their numbers into a single contact will merge their text messages into a single conversation. This feature works on the Messages app on iOS 13.

    How useful is this?

    To me, it helps me organize my text messages. I receive a lot of system-generated text messages daily, such as multi-factor verification texts, IFTTT, alerts from banks such as use of credit card, ads that I sign up for, restaurant reservations, notifications from gov agencies etc. Many times, the sender for each of these services would have the same 5-digit number. This is great - your series of text from this source will be kept within the same conversation.

    But for some of these services, they send using a different number each time. This means each text becomes a new conversation in the Messages app. This peppers the app with multiple conversations when they should be grouped within a single conversation, because they are from the same source. Once particular bank I use does this, and irritates the hell out of me. I was pleasantly surprised to discover all its notifications are now grouped into the same conversation after installing iOS 13.

    I need to create an address book entry and store every number that I receive text messages from? Isn't that a lot of work!?

    I subscribe to the notion "clean as you go". If you've never done this before, there's going to be some ramp up effort, but if these are services that you use often, it's worth it. Many companies use only a few numbers and I would only add the number when I receive the text. It's only a little effort and after storing a few numbers, the chances of getting more texts with different numbers from what that you stored diminishes significantly.

    How do you create the address book entries?

    I create separate entries for notifications. For example, I have an entry for a bank's customer service phone number, and a separate entry for notificatons. I would name it "<NameOfBank>_Notifications".

    Some of the upsides

    • It's easier to tell phising text messages from legit messages that I've received in the past.
    • My push notifications for texts are easier to scan. I could glance at the header of the notification and know what the message is for.
    • Text messages are also easier to scan with a readable sender instead of a cryptic "352-20"
    • I can now set custom custom text tones for a particular alerts. I set it to "None" for many of them.
    • There are now fewer conversations in Messages and thus easier to manage.
    • Deleting a single converstation is also so much easier!

    Some of the downsides

    • A few seconds of effort each time you add a number to an entry.
    • Your friends will think you're a dork. Your good friends will say "riiiiiiight.... " while backing away. Your best friends and family would have already zoned out by the 2nd question above and would already have started ignoring you.

    How long have you been doing this?

    I first thought about this feature when I was still using the iPhone 4. But the messages never grouped into a single conversation, but the practice stuck. After so many years, I'm glad my habit paid off, for me.

    You have no life.

    You have no idea. When I'm free I also download company logos off the Internet, use Pixelmator to p'shop the images abit to assign to the contacts I created. This is now alot easier that I can use the MacStories shortcut to download the logos off the AppStore.

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/GrumpyGlasses
    [link] [comments]

    Apple should categorize the “Today” section in Reminders App so I know what subject is related to the task

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    I have not updated my iPhone X to iOS 13, but I’m curious to know how dark mode looks in safari app and how to differentiate between regular and private mode. Can someone please share a screenshot. Thanks!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:39 AM PDT

    iPhone 11 Magnetic Strip

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    Hey! Is there a safe location or a better location on the back of an iPhone to place a magnetic strip to connect to a mount in your car?

    I swear I'm 900 years old and assume magnetic + electronic = will fry sooner unless placed appropriately

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/angelaxtine
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecar on iPhone active at night? I thought that was an iPadOS only feature, and why was it active while I was sleeping and not using my phone? Anyone have an answer?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:29 AM PDT

    Since iOS 13 I can’t pick pdf files when I have to send them. Anybody knows why?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:15 AM PDT

    Do you use Facebook Pages app, and have you updated to the latest version of the app? Looking for feedback on the new dark mode, it looks terrible on my end and I want to see if it looks the same on other people’s devices too.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    What’s this?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:03 AM PDT

    Make Google Photos ignore certain images when using "Free up space"?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    I've recently switched over to iOS for the first time and want to continue using Google Photos as my image backup service. However, I don't see a way to make the app ignore certain images from being deleted from the device when using the Free up space feature.

    For example, I've downloaded some cool images to use as wallpapers and whenever I free device space with Google Photos, the wallpapers get deleted as well and are then unavailable in Settings > Wallpaper. Restoring them from Photos > Recently deleted is a painful process if you have many of them.

    Can I make Google Photos ignore certain images when freeing up space? Or is there a way to move those wallpapers away from the app's 'sight' ?

    submitted by /u/Dangthe
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] I think that this looks weird, do you think this looks weird?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    A way to change Calendar’s ‘Time to Leave’ to public transit

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    I've searched high and low (perhaps not well) for a way to change this to something other than driving, which is not always as helpful in a metropolis. Any ideas? TIA.

    submitted by /u/gothamnurse1
    [link] [comments]

    Camera degrading on iPhone as it age?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 10:33 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so I got a question that I have been thinking of. A friend of mine owns an iPhone 7 and it's in good condition but his camera quality degraded and the lens is clean and he still gets blurry images. I have an iPhone 6 and camera is a lil bit similar and when they were new they looked really nice. I had an iPhone 8 and now the camera has been degraded. Does apple do something to trigger that in updates or can it be something physical like heat?

    submitted by /u/NextTiger
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome vs Safari and website walls

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:06 AM PDT

    I use Chrome as my browser and was trying to read a article on Runnersworld. A wall popped up requiring me to sign up to read the whole article. I tried the same URL on Safari and no wall popped up and it let me read the whole thing, I didn't even have to go into reader mode. I don't have any ad blocker app installed. I was curious what happened, what's the difference?

    submitted by /u/poopyface-tomatonose
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 6 and iPhone 5. Perfect combination.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    Is this normal?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    This prompt appears every single time I open certain apps, most notably the App Store and the Camera app.

    It feels like it should have an "Allow Permanently" option, since apparently "Allow Once" just means "Ask Again Every Time".

    Initially I thought this was buggy behavior on iOS, now I'm not sure. Is it? Is it normal? Is there anything I can do to give these apps permanent permission for background location info and not be asked again?

    submitted by /u/COHERENCE_CROQUETTE
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever got auto update working?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    I have never seen auto update work since it became a feature in iOS 12.. my phone has been in this state for days. I leave it in the charger all night but it ain't updating.. maybe I don't know how the feature works

    https://i.imgur.com/XN7bOrJ.jpg

    submitted by /u/kholmqvist
    [link] [comments]

    As dark as it gets! At least it did what I wanted.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    I can’t clear older notifications

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 11:40 PM PDT

    They always come back after I have cleared them unless I open and tap to check each one them. Is there any solution to it?

    submitted by /u/Zuhaibhaider
    [link] [comments]

    I’m connected to WiFi and when I switch to curtain apps the WiFi just turns off. iOS 13.1.3. Can someone please tell me how I can fix this?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:35 AM PDT

    How can I disable ETA push notifications without turning off Maps notifications?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    Every time I get into my car I get push notifications on my Apple Watch regarding eta to frequent destinations. Despite me disabling frequent locations under Privacy settings, I still get these notices. Any way to turn them off without turning off Maps push notifications entirely?

    submitted by /u/f1shbone
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] iPhone 11 pro max system sounds

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    so im on 13.1.3 and my system sounds like keyboard clicks, lock sounds and etc are kinda quiet, ringtones sounds normal, but system sounds seems to be much more quiet. Anybody notice something similar?

    submitted by /u/eimunas
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel