• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Apple Help This yellow line appeared out of nowhere when I opened my iPad, has anyone had this problem before and if so how can I fix this? I’ m really hoping it’s not a broken screen.

    Apple Help This yellow line appeared out of nowhere when I opened my iPad, has anyone had this problem before and if so how can I fix this? I’ m really hoping it’s not a broken screen.


    This yellow line appeared out of nowhere when I opened my iPad, has anyone had this problem before and if so how can I fix this? I’ m really hoping it’s not a broken screen.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:54 PM PDT

    [MacBook Pro 2018. macOS 10.14, 10.15] When I copy an image from Firefox on my MacBook specifically, the image gets desaturated in most programs (Discord, Affinity Designer, etc.)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:38 AM PDT

    iOS 13 Email Issues

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:16 PM PDT

    Since upgrading to iOS 13 I've experienced a pretty unreliable email experience. I've seen numerous posts and comments mentioning and issue here and there. Hoping we can compile a list of known issues and possible known fixes. Sometimes things aren't broken or gone but function differently after an update.

    I've experienced sync issues with message status. All email accounts are set up as exchange accounts. I use outlook on my Mac and the mail app on phone. Message status and replied status are not syncing from phone to email account. If I read or reply on my phone it doesn't update on the server however it does function properly in the other direction.

    Previously I was able to swipe left on a message in my inbox and bring up a couple options. I am still able to do this however when I click on the "..." button it previously gave an option to view all related messages. This was super useful when replying to multiple parties in a busy inbox. Is there a way to bring that back or another trigger to bring up the option?

    Please let us know of email issues and possible fixes!

    submitted by /u/Bernie_Sanders_16
    [link] [comments]

    Do audiobooks in Apple Books no longer sync to iCloud on macOS Catalina, iOS 13, and iPadOS 13?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    I have an audiobook on CD that I ripped and then dragged into Apple Books on my Mac. However, it won't sync to my iPhone or iPad. All devices are hooked up to the same iCloud account, and all Books apps are supposed to be syncing to my iCloud Drive.

    submitted by /u/ctnutmegger
    [link] [comments]

    2016 Macbook Pro Butterfly Keyboard glitching out?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:03 PM PDT

    just curious if anyone has been experiencing keyboard problems? I've had this macbook for a little over two years and some keys do not work right. For example, my "N" key will type N twice, my "L" key sometimes doesn't register unless I really hit it. Some of my other keys are just not registering right. Is this an issue because of how the butterfly keyboard is designed? My old macbook (had for 7 years) had a standard keyboard and I never had any issues with it. I already replaced my N key prior because it stopped working completely.

    submitted by /u/CuteK9
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2016 MBP Replacement Display ?s

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    So I just got my late-2016 function key MBP back from Apple from being repaired for display issues related to "flexgate." It now seems like my display's contrast ratio is much worse, that is, blacks are not nearly as black as they were with my old display. I used to be totally blown away by how black the screen could get - for instance, during startup when there's nothing but the white Apple logo and a loading bar, it looked nearly like an OLED display. Now blacks look grey. And I'm pretty peeved about it.

    Anyone experienced anything similar? Potential routes of recourse? Input? Anything helps.

    submitted by /u/_pm_me_your_freckles
    [link] [comments]

    My Mac keeps downloading photos that I have downloaded on my iPhone, and I can’t find out how to stop it. Does anyone know how?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:50 PM PDT

    Title says it

    submitted by /u/dylano131
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a guide anywhere to use Music on Catalina? Can't for the life of me figure out how to manage music

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:25 PM PDT

    Ever since I've updated to Catalina and losing iTunes, I can't figure out how to manage my music on my iPhone (XS Max) and MacBook Pro (Mid 2012). I can't believe how unintuitive Music is compared to iTunes, why couldn't Apple just leave iTunes as an option?

    I'm coming from being able to manually manage my music from iTunes, to seemingly not being able to do that anymore

    I know I can add music by using the Finder, but how do I delete music from my iPhone through my MacBook (other than deleting it from settings>general>iPhone storage>music and deleting individually there), I don't get an option to look through a list of all my songs and delete whichever ones I want to.

    Is there anyway to sort music by using "Album Artist"? I used that in iTunes as it made things so simple but can't use it in Music now

    Is there anyway to re-install iTunes onto Catalina easily?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/TripleHThrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    my brand new iphone 11 pro max takes grainy pictures when zoomed in. the left is with the zoom and the right is normal, is this normal?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:41 PM PDT

    HELP!! iPhone XS Max hairline crack.I noticed this crack on the bottom chin of the display after taking it out of my pocket one day.Is it possilbe that this might be covered under standard apple warranty? I am a doctor in a busy hospital.Will visit only if covered.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:23 PM PDT

    Certain letters can’t get pressed on Macbook Pro keyboard unless I press shift or have capslock on.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    Hey all. I already posted this but didn't get much help. The issue ended up solving itself, but it has started acting up once again.

    I have late-2013 Macbook Pro. It won't let me type my password correctly during startup. Only certain letters worked, and the ones that don't have to be pressed multiple times or I need to hold shift/capslock for them to work. So, I can't open my laptop at all :/

    I thought it was just an issue with my keyboard, but when I tested it on the Startup Assistant screen, the keyboard worked fine.

    I have reset the PRAM/NVRAM and SMC multiple times already, and even wiped everything from the Macbook. I also upgraded to Catalina. It seemed to work fine again at first, but when I booted up the system again, same issue came up. When it comes to inputting the password, the keyboard gets wonky. The keyboard refuses to function properly when it comes to the startup screen.

    Hopefully someone has had experience in fixing this issue and can help.

    submitted by /u/21Queens
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi keeps turning off and on. Can anyone help!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    My tackpad on my macbook air 2015 doesn't work/is stuck

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    It was working fine throughout the day then when I went to go on it later on in the day, it wasn't working. What can I do to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/IcyFrogg
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage Notification Issue

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Ever since updating to iOS 13, I no longer revive text notifications from my father. It shows the badge icon, but will not sound/vibrate or show in Notification Center. Hide alerts is not on. I've deleted the text history multiple times. Rebooted countless times, and have applied every update since, including 13.2. Nothing resolves it. It appears that this issue is ONLY with his contact. Before I wipe and restore, am I missing anything else?

    submitted by /u/TheRealJewbilly
    [link] [comments]

    Expanding black spot on screen

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone X and about 2 days ago I noticed a little black spot on the top left corner right next to the notch, didn't think much of it but now it has expanded to make it so o can no longer see the time and it's starting to get down into the actual main display. The screen still works under the black spot and there's no visible damage to the phone itself. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/luckyy6ix
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t find profiles and device management

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    It's driving me crazy! I'm on IOS 13.2 and it's just gone. Please help.

    submitted by /u/bizno1738
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro's (13-inch, Early 2011) need help with SSD and parts

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:33 PM PDT

    I have 2 MacBook Pro's (13-inch, Early 2011) with 16GB DDR3 Ram. I would like to reduce the amount of heat coming off the bottom of my laptops. One is NEW REfirbished and the other is just a little over 2 years old (purchased as new from Military Exchange.

    I picked up a new OEM battery for the older one and a new charge cord, as I am always tearing the rubber off within a year or so. I would like to upgrade the HD to SSD in both and have seen a few comments about upgrading the SATA cable to help with the speed of the SSD. What I read was: upgrade the SATA cable to a mid-2012 one. What I didn't see is, exactly which one to get.

    Can someone please help me (with a link) to the right SATA cable to use? Also, which SSD?l I don't need a super large capacity one.. I think 256 or 500 would be plenty enough for me and my wife. We have an 1TB SSD external and another 500Gb HHD external that we keep all our photo's, etc. on. THANK YOU FOR your time and help!

    submitted by /u/aahwhatever2
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading MacBook Pro Mid 2015 Model

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    My MBP 2015 has 16gb RAM and a 256gb SSD. I want to upgrade these components, but I've heard from some that they're both soldered in and others that they're not. Is there a good guide on upgrading the MBP 2015 model? Is this doable on my own? How hard is it for a complete hardware novice? If you could please link a hardware upgrade guide and recommend a good brand for both the RAM and SSD that would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ThunderBow98
    [link] [comments]

    What is the dark grey on my iOS storage? Light grey is “Other,” but dark grey has no corresponding legend and is taking up quite a bit of space.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:23 PM PDT

    Need keyboard help for friend, please, I’m desperate.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    Hopefully this doesn't get lost. But basically, my friend with an iPhone SE cracked her screen and now a large portion of the screen doesn't work. Around the right side where the "send" button is on the keyboard. From there up, meaning she can't send messages. And I was wondering if anyone out there knows of some work around to either move the send key somewhere else (because the one handed mode isn't available on the se) or literally anything else because she can't send messages nor is she able to fix the screen. Please help if you're able to, I would and she would appreciate it so much, I've tried so many things and can't figure anything out. Btw she's also on the latest version of IOS.

    submitted by /u/VerticalHunterX011
    [link] [comments]

    I have an iphone SE model A1662 updated to ios 13.2 and all I really wanna know is what the “other” stuff on the storage is and why there’s so much of it. Thanks! (Sorry if it takes a while for me to get back at anybody that gives a solution)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:16 PM PDT

    Mac mini 2018 - two monitors help

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I got my first mac mini today and wanted to use two monitor screens. Unfortunately, my second monitor screen didn't work... i have:

    1. Hdmi to hdmi (works!)
    2. Hdmi to usb-c/thunderbolt 3 (does not work, says on my monitor screen 'no cable connected')

    I'm unsure if there is a problem with the cable or if an hdmi to usb-c cable doesn't work. In that case, should I use a dongle instead (since i have a spare hdmi-hdmi cable) I'm new to this so this might be something I overlooked!

    Suggestions on what cable or dongle to use on Amazon.ca would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/anna_s3
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook will not let me adjust the sound at all. The sound will not play even if I increase or decrease the volume this image appears.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    iPad Air 2 is "bricked", iTunes is trying to install iOS13.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    My wife was doing some support to someone elses iPad, and was updating. Since iTunes wanted to update to iOS13, she tried going back to an older iOS, but used an unsigned file, so the iPad is bricked.

    She'll go into recovery mode in iTunes, and she'll get the option to "Restore" or "Upgrade". If she clicks "Restore", it goes and downloads something, but it'll download iOS13, which can't be installed. How can an actual factory reset be done? She can't get back to restore from a backup either, as when the iPad is plugged in, it says there is an issue.

    Any help would be great!

    submitted by /u/freshposthistory
    [link] [comments]

    How to I get rid of this message?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel