• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    Apple Macbook My macbook air had been making a rattling noise for a couple of months now and usually goes away. Recently it hasn’t stopped and it’s starting to get annoying. Does anyone know what the problem is or what I can do. It seems to always come from this area.

    Apple Macbook My macbook air had been making a rattling noise for a couple of months now and usually goes away. Recently it hasn’t stopped and it’s starting to get annoying. Does anyone know what the problem is or what I can do. It seems to always come from this area.


    My macbook air had been making a rattling noise for a couple of months now and usually goes away. Recently it hasn’t stopped and it’s starting to get annoying. Does anyone know what the problem is or what I can do. It seems to always come from this area.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    Got a new MBA less than 24hrs ago, and already an issue!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    I'm seeing these red lines about 1cm in size flicker for about 15 seconds. I've experienced this multiple times already...WTF?!?!

    I found another person who had this issue. Here is what it looks like. I've also had multiple of those red line on the screen at the same time.

    submitted by /u/Quentin718
    [link] [comments]

    Mac book Pro wont turn off

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    Hi all my new 2019 Mac book Pro wont turn off. I shut it down but the track pad stays active and when clicked turns my Mac back on. Is this a feature or something wrong with my computer please help

    submitted by /u/Pogmar
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 15 inch 2019 i7 16GB RAM, heavy battery drain?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:45 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I hear a lot of people saying they can get around 8-10 hours of battery life out of their MacBooks. I myself am only able to get anywhere from 3-5 hours. (This is on safari, watching Netflix. Brightness is 100%, macOS Catalina) I'm new to macland and would love for anyone to help me instead of having to send it back and losing my Mac for 5-6 weeks (I got it off a website for students, this way one can pay in 3 terms, this makes it that I CANNOT get a new one directly from apple and have to send it in for "repairs" as apparently the website I got it from does the same so cutting out the middle man is faster. ) even though I got it last Friday. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/genjiHanzo
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with MacBook Pro 2013

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    My wife said the laptop dropped about a foot maybe 2 at the most and now the screen stays black. So I was hoping maybe it was a plug that popped off or something. Took it to a local repair place he said probably new monitor ~$400. I said I'd think about it. So I'm trying to use an external monitor and it's workning a bit. I can see the apple loading bar come up. But then the screen stays back. Still pushing video cause the monitor doesn't go to sleep. I can tell the monitor is still powered cause it's backlit just a bit. I've tried SCG and PRAM reset. I was messing with some command to turn off the internal monitor. Something like command alt power or something and I did a reboot and the internal screen started working again. Then my wife walked away. It must have went to sleep and never came back.

    Does this sound like hardware or software? Any other tricks I should be looking for?

    submitted by /u/rain11111
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Auto brightness Windows 10?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    Running Boot camp with Windows 10 for games.

    I Disable "Change brightness automatically when lightning changes". This works in Windows environment but when I start a game it automatically dims the screen depending on light brightness in the room.

    Under advanced power options there's no selection for brightness under "Display".
    The Radeon graphics setting for brightness is full. Tried different Radeon profiles without success.

    Any known solution for this?
    Please help a fellow gamer out.

    It's a 2016 15" MBP

    submitted by /u/Hfnankrotum
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished 15” MBP (2016) > new 13” MBP (2018)?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:52 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of purchasing the 15 inch MBP because I think I would appreciate the extra screen real estate. Both of them are quad-core, same ram and storage. With the difference in AppleCare, they are around the same price. Do you think the 2016 15" is better value?

    submitted by /u/korean_eric
    [link] [comments]

    My macbook needs a new screen, trying to get the repair to be free by ruining the retina coating on purpose

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    My macbook has an issue where if you bend the screen back too far, the light stops working and the screen goes dark. It's very annoying, but the repair would cost upwards of $700.

    Well, turns out my macbook is one of the ones affected by having a cheap retina coating that Apple will replace for free if it gets ruined. However, the issue is that the retina coating looks good as new; there's not a splotch on it. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to intentionally ruin the coating? I have tried rubbing it down with a rag but nothing happens.

    submitted by /u/Outspoken_Douche
    [link] [comments]

    Battery

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    What replacement battery is good for a 2010 MacBook Pro 15"

    submitted by /u/AJPrints
    [link] [comments]

    Get installed uBlock origin for Safari to other mac also still running Safari 12

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:54 PM PDT

    Hello,

    i got a Macbook which still runs Mojave and Safari 12 and has uBlock origin installed and another which runs the same config but hasn't uBlock installed.

    Now, because apple has shut down the extension Gallery some weeks ago, I am not able to Download uBlock regularly anymore. Instead they now redirect with the gallery link to the normal App Store..

    So, is there a chance to copy the already installed uBlock extension from one Mac to another ??

    I know that some files (or all?) lay in this directory '~/Library/Safari/'.
    For example, there is an Extension Folder which contains a 2MB file with name 'uBlock Origin.safariextz', also in the Folders Databases and LocalStorage laying some files too.

    I tried to copy these files to the exact same place on the other mac, but it didn't work.

    Does anyone have any idea ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/CAoTx
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Swelling. Store Discrepancies

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    I went to one apple store who said that i had to pay to fix it. Was not under the battery replacement program.

    Another apple store said I didnt and it was covered until 2021

    Has anyone ever seen such discrepancies! I thought they just looked off the serial number. Now it seems like its a case by case basis that is driven by the repairman.

    submitted by /u/GrossAbuse
    [link] [comments]

    Which Macbook should i get? Or ipad

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    Hello ,

    Recently been thinking about picking an macbook pro/air/macbook

    My budget is around 700,850€

    Still need to decide to pick up the Ipad pro 12,9 inch since typing doesnt help me so much ti remember the texts and excercises we need to learn

    I am currently in college in my country u call it (MBO) and studying laws

    I need some help leave ur comments down below

    PS: i live in Holland :)

    submitted by /u/jayrijah123
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a used MacBook

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    How old is to old. This is primarily a computer for a 12 and 14 year old to get online play Minecraft email etc. they both have iPhones and iPads. But want a laptop. We want something to carry them over for a few yrs until they go off to college. I have seen some late 2012 and early 2013 MacBook Pro's that seem right. They arent doing heavy gaming it primarily for YouTube email and maybe FaceTime. Can an older MacBook do Group FaceTime?

    submitted by /u/mapesq1968
    [link] [comments]

    Selling my MacBook

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel