• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 4, 2019

    macOS Won't MacOS's Firewall play nice with AirDrop?

    macOS Won't MacOS's Firewall play nice with AirDrop?


    Won't MacOS's Firewall play nice with AirDrop?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    I wake up to this after updating to the latest catalina beta. What do I do and is there any way to get the brightness up without the touchbar ?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:01 AM PDT

    (Question) How to only export to selected monitors when using multiple monitors ?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:52 AM PDT

    Hello, I am using a MBP with 2 external monitors with macOS Mojave 10.14.6. However not all the time do I need to use both monitors. As I found out that when you connect a Mac to multiple monitors, there's no way to force macOS to only export video to one specific monitor without unplugging that monitor. Even turn the monitor off won't help. Is there any solution around for this ? Or is there at least a feature/an app to gather all my opening windows to one monitors so I can turn off the one that I don't need ?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Cayenne999
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get sidecar to work on Beta 5, 2017 MBP, and iPad Air 2?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:40 AM PDT

    My mac is on version, 10.15 Beta (19A526h).

    My iPad is on version, 13.0 Beta (17A5547d).

    Both devices are logged into the same iCloud account and connected to same wifi. BLuetooth on. Even tried it wired, but iPad does not show up under sidecar in system preferences. Hand-off works perfectly fine though. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/fubigem
    [link] [comments]

    Shifted from Windows to MacOS; feeling horribly lost

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 02:48 PM PDT

    So I have been a Windows user for 2/3 of my life. I recently got a new MacBook Pro and I am trying my best to get used to it. Other than trying to overcome the physical aspects of shallow keys, I am truly feeling lost in the new OS. I consider myself an expert user of windows and have overtime learnt the best ways to be super efficient in windows. I felt like I knew windows inside out. of course in macOS, since it is new for me, I am feeling truly lost. I don't know what to do, where things are, what the heck is going on. if macOS was my body, I would not even know where my balls are.

    Do you guys have any useful broad tips on how to start feeling more familiar with macOS? tips from people who shifted from Windows to macOS are especially welcome. thanks!

    submitted by /u/umbilible
    [link] [comments]

    USB Problem - Devices rapidly connect and disconnect

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    I've got a MacBook Air (2013). It runs MacOS Mojave. When I connect my iPhone or an Android Device they're rapidly connecting and disconnecting. This problem appeared after updating from MacOS High Sierra to Mojave.

    When I connect an HDD or USB Stick everything is ok.

    Anyone come across this before?

    submitted by /u/J_Kakaofanatiker
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2012 unusable

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    So I'm running 10.14.5 and probably about two weeks ago it began taking foreeeeevvvvveeeeer to boot, and then when it finally would load , everything is delayed and slow, and I mean click on something walk away for 10 mins and it's still registering.

    I've tried to restore from a time machine back up restore button is greyed out.

    I've booted into safe mode, still slow and very unresponsive.

    I've tried to repair permissions, due to the slow boot ups I'm not sure if it worked or not.

    Ideas? I have 21GB of storage free on my hdd

    https://i.imgur.com/qkDIKYq.jpg

    submitted by /u/PoloBlk18
    [link] [comments]

    HELP, cant free up space on my hard drive, getting a Snapshot invalid error, any ideas?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    Help please - unable to start my MacBook with this showing.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:54 PM PDT

    How do I download a windows RAR file/game on my Mac?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    FileVault APFS disk container lost - Need to mount APFS Physical Store

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Hi all.

    I swapped my FileVault encrypted fusion drive hdd with an ssd. I forgot the fusion drive ssd inside the machine and erased it for additional storage.

    So now I'm left with the encrypted fusion drive "APFS physical store" 1 TB hdd. It is in an usb 3.0 enclosure and I'm trying to access my data. I can't mount it. I tried mount, apfs_mount, apfs mountVolume, apfs unlockVolume.

    How should I proceed? Some of the commands give DiskXsY seems to be an APFS physical store, and apfs commands give "DiskXsY is not an APFS volume".

    I can provide any output through terminal. External links from other sites are also appreciated, but probably I went through them all.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ismetkimki
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped frames in macOS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 05:49 AM PDT

    Dropped frames in macOS

    MBP Early 2015, 13 inch : i5 with iris 6100 graphics : macOS 10.14.6 : Chrome 76 : 100/40 Mbps internet on wifi-AC

    External monitor : 1080p@60 Dropped frames on literally every video, some dropped frames on 30 frames videos too. Frame drops are way too noticeable. (Chrome Extensions running, Adblock)

    As we can see buffer is not the problem. I know the macbook is 4 year old, but this performance loss is too much and happened suddenly, I am hoping it is an OS issue.

    https://i.redd.it/mnig21adc8e31.png

    submitted by /u/prudhvee
    [link] [comments]

    Simple day counter app?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 06:35 AM PDT

    I just need a simple app that shows you how many days have passed since a date you've set. For example if you want to see how long you've gone without smoking. I don't want to use my phone for it.

    submitted by /u/blrghhh
    [link] [comments]

    what do you use to keep a timeline?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    when you open start your computer, what do you use to have your desktop show a timeline of things to do (with at least 2 column)

    • maybe the left side for month for example, and the right side the things to do

    what software or 3rd party software do you use to auto-start on the desktop?

    macos or on your ipad ios

    something that would always show on every virtual desktop you would have open

    ask any specific clarification question if helpful

    submitted by /u/bestminipc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel