• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 7, 2019

    macOS MacOS Catalina vs. MacOS Mojave

    macOS MacOS Catalina vs. MacOS Mojave


    MacOS Catalina vs. MacOS Mojave

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    Woke up to this...Bye Bye touchbar

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    Does anybody know what this is? It started flashing on and off on all of our school computers and restarting won’t fix it. I think it’s something to do with permissions but I couldn’t find anything on it

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    Touch Bar not showing anything (MBP 2017 '13)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 02:19 AM PDT

    The Touch Bar is showing nothing. The controls still respond to my touch, but the bar is completely black.

    Tried resetting the SMC and VRAM/ PRAM swell, still nothing. I've also reset my laptop (HDD erased and new copy of MacOS installed)

    One thing I noticed is, during startup the bar flashes white/gray for a few microseconds. Also TouchID works as expected.

    And to my knowledge there isn't any water damage to the device. One time I unlocked the device a couple minutes after unlocking it, and the touch bar stopped showing anything.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/itsherbirthday
    [link] [comments]

    Cant activate office 365 MacOs High Sierra

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    Cant activate office 365 MacOs High Sierra

    Hello everyone Ive been googling this for days and still no luck.

    I have a 2011 MacBook Pro using Mac OS High Sierra, I recently bought the office 365 suite for school purposes.

    The thing is I download all the apps but once I try activating I type my email and get this screen

    https://i.redd.it/ffb4vyeyjye31.png

    It keeps loading and never moves forward, I tried activating it my brothers 2016 MacBook Pro and he s using it successfully, I tried it on my gf 2017 MacBook Pro and she managed to do it in minutes. I can set up 5 devices but I just can't get whats wrong with this laptop.

    I tried googling searched Microsoft office forums, remove the office license, used a Microsoft script to remove all office files and then do a clean install and nothing.

    Apparently is a common issue but Ive yet to see it solved anywhere.

    Any of you guys have any luck dealing with this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nivekx
    [link] [comments]

    Free/Open Source Software to View/Extract Archives

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    Can anyone recommend a free/open source application to view and extract compressed files (zip, 7z, rar, etc) with a simple GUI interface on MacOS? Coming from the Windows and Linux world, there are plenty of free/open source pieces of software that have been able to do this for years. Why has there never been a port of something like 7zip to MacOS?

    The only pieces of software I've found that do this are Entropy, which is no longer supported by the developer and BetterZip, which is $20, but doesn't seem to like extracting files over Samba shares.

    The usual "go-to" software that seems to be recommended The Unarchiver or Keka just dump the contents of the archive out into the current directory, just like the built in MacOS utility, which to me is a ridiculous mode of operation. If there are 10,000 files in that archive (how would you know, you just downloaded it from the internet), you now have them all over your downloads folder.

    Why do all the free utilities for MacOS lack the simple ability to show the contents of a zip file before extracting?

    submitted by /u/mattb2014
    [link] [comments]

    USBC-HDMI adapter works fine; DL-6950 DisplayLink hub (USB-C -> HDMI) gives a lower frame rate for animations, window management etc

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 12:28 AM PDT

    Specifically this hub https://uk.targus.com/products/universal-usb-c-dv4k-dock-with-power-dock180euz

    When compared to the MBP's internal screen things like switching spaces, mission control etc are noticeably choppier when using the hub. If connected to the same display using a simple USB-C -> HDMI plug then the animations render fine, it only seems to be a problem on the DisplayLink hub.

    Has anyone got any help/ideas on why that might be?

    submitted by /u/TheReluctantGraduate
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    If anyone has a solution or advice I would really appreciate it. My keyboard and trackpad work, but not how they should. The trackpad is acting as if I'm right clicking everything and the majority of the keyboard either doesn't input anything or inputs a different key. I thought just restoring to factory settings would fix it, but it didn't...and now I can't set it back up because the enter key doesn't work and I can't single click anything.

    submitted by /u/eR4C3R
    [link] [comments]

    Window in the background "flickers" onto the window in the foreground

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:25 PM PDT

    Sorry for the vague description. I will try to capture it happening so I can post it here. For now you'll have to bear with my description.

    This started happening maybe 2 weeks ago. It just happens randomly as far as I know. Usually I have my finder window in the background at corner of the screen and whatever I'm focusing on is the filling up the whole screen in the foreground. I started to notice a flicker and on close inspection found that I'm seeing my finder window flashing onto whatever main window i have at the moment.

    I dont know under what conditions this happens so I dont know how to replicate this. I'm on 10.14.6, using dark mode. MBP 13" 2018.

    So I might have narrowed it down. It happens when the window in the background refreshes or updates. I noticed it happening with Whatsapp desktop app in the background and chrome as active window.

    submitted by /u/noxuotan
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had this issue when booting into internet recovery mode? I tried wiping my Mac as Catalina is too unstable and this is what I get when trying to boot internet recovery mode.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    MacBook Air 2018 with 2011 27" Target Display Mode

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Hi, as the title suggests, im just checking to see if a 2011 iMac 27" is able to support and work with a 2018 MacBook Air 13" to use the iMac as a Target Display Mode. Does the 2018 MacBook Air support this? I know I need the adapter and thunderbolt cable but thought i'd check before ordering

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/jr579
    [link] [comments]

    Help, my iMac (5K 27inch display, late 2015) freezes since MacOS Mojave 10.14.3

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    Hello there, fellow Mac users.

    I'm desperate trying to find why does my Mac suddenly freezes, shuts down and reboots just minutes away from turning it on. I've found some posts that argue its a Kernel problem that may require me to take my computer to an Apple service Center, but I'd like to receive from you guys more options, suggestions or help on what to do before taking that measurement.

    submitted by /u/Migeru97
    [link] [comments]

    Seamless switch with beats studio 3

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    I can't seem to achieve the seamless switch I was promised with my beats and my iPhone and my mac is there something i am doing wrong? I always have to go to settings to get them set up

    submitted by /u/FrankCastle28
    [link] [comments]

    Corsair K95 keyboard

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    Has anyone had any success using Corsairs gaming peripherals in MacOS? I'm looking to retire my current gaming desktop I built a few years ago as my 2018 MacBook Pro out performs it. So with using my current peripherals, I'll need to setup a dock situation. But has anyone had any success?

    submitted by /u/mordecaidrake
    [link] [comments]

    Clean Install Mojave help APFS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    Hi, im trying to clean install Mojave from a USB on my macbook air but i cant select my SSD. it says it needs to be in MacOS extended journal (its AFPS now) however when i go into the disk utility i can only select different versions of AFPS.

    another strange thing is that it considers my bootcamp partition a separate drive while in reality its just a partition, so i cant really unify them. Does anyone know how to fix it? atm i have no OS except for bootcamp windows 10.

    perhaps i could force it to format with the terminal?

    submitted by /u/Albin1997536
    [link] [comments]

    iMac (2007) boots to a black screen

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:31 AM PDT

    Why I hate Messages app on MacOS

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    1) It just doesn't work.

    2) Every time you try to use it is 'user inactive'

    3) If you try to sign in with Apple ID which it requests, it says 'try later - error'

    4) No-one seems to know how to fix.

    Some questions: Is there any other app I can use to get my iPhone Messages on desktop? Or a possible fix? This last one is pure fantasy I guess but hey...

    submitted by /u/segovius
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with too many wireless accessories?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 09:39 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm currently on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I have 4 wireless accessories that I keep connected to my 2019 MBP 13:

    1. Magic Keyboard 2
    2. Magic Trackpad 2
    3. Logitech MX Master mouse
    4. Sennheiser HD 4.50BTNC wireless headphones

    The keyboard and trackpad can take a very long time to connect to my MBP, I sometimes have to turn them off and on to get them to connect. The Logitech mouse is even worse, about once a week I need to completely repair the mouse to the MBP. Lastly, I take phone calls on my MBP and ideally take the calls over the Sennheiser headphones. Sometimes the headphones will drop connection during the call, but what usually happens is the mouse starts to lag dramatically at the same time the headphones start to crap out.

    All that said, are my wireless accessories not playing well together? What's the solution to these issues?

    Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/charliemikewelsh
    [link] [comments]

    USB logs

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:18 AM PDT

    I was hoping someone with significantly more skill than me would be able to help

    I recently lost an external hard drive with years worth of photos on it and as one final throw of the dice to help jog my memory as to where I might have lost it, I am trying to understand if the Mac system logs will be able to tell me the last time it was connected to my MBP.

    Is this possible? and if it is does anyone fancy trying to help me decipher the logs in exchange for my eternal gratitude?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Horsley18
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you prefer MacOS over Windows?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Increase maximum number of individual PDFs open in Preview?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:47 AM PDT

    I'm in the midst of writing a thesis, so I've always got tons of PDFs open. It seems like I hit a mix number (~10 or so?) and then Preview starts opening all new PDFs as tabs inside of the active window instead of a new instance.

    This is really cramping my style as I waste a lot of time trying to find the one I'm looking for.

    I can't figure out a way to disable/increase this limit. Anyone know, or have a solution for managing/navigating tons of open PDFs?

    submitted by /u/another_punter
    [link] [comments]

    Safari closes when I close my laptop

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:49 AM PDT

    When I bought my MBA in January this year and till the last month if I left safari opened (like pressed the Red Cross but the black dot under Safari's icon was still lighting) and closed the laptop, on the following wake up I saw safari still opened.

    But now it closes unlike others app do, which sometimes require more resources to remain open, like Spark, Telegram, WhatsApp, System Monitor and so on.

    What is wrong? I find kinda ridiculous open safari every time while it launched in 0.01 sec like a month ago. I cannot believe that computer is so weak that it is impossible for it to maintain Safari opened.

    submitted by /u/pseudojapanese
    [link] [comments]

    Window Arrangement

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:55 AM PDT

    Window Arrangement

    My folders always open in this kind of a split view, and I always have to drag to expand the folder to see more content in the same window.I was hoping someone could help me permanently make it open as a full window instead of opening as a part and then having to drag and expand it.

    https://i.redd.it/q2w9oc2m7te31.png

    submitted by /u/vinav2507
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel