• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 7, 2019

    Apple TV ATV - iTunes HDR and LG OLED TV

    Apple TV ATV - iTunes HDR and LG OLED TV


    ATV - iTunes HDR and LG OLED TV

    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 03:18 AM PDT

    Hi guys

    Just wanted to share some weird behavior I saw two times with the ATV since I'm using a OLED TV (well. To be honest. Two same OLEDTV. One for me. And one I bought for my parents).

    Im using ATV at home and take with me to visite my parents and we saw two iTunes movie : Split and Bad Time at the El Royal (awesome movie)

    Thoses two movie are using HDR - no dolby vision - and the HDR configuration on the TV configure to not adding some dynamic contrast or anything to modify the image.

    Well. In the dark scene (corridor at the end of split for exemple. Or another corridor on El Royal.) The dark are blinking. It's. Not really comfortable.

    When I use HDR movie on Infuse or Amazon I didn't get this issue. Either on Dolby vision or some movie using HDR (the mommy. For exemple). I try with both TV and get the same behavior. The HDMI cable is the one sold by apple (the Belkin high speed). The TV is a LG OLED C8 so not that bad.

    But it seem everything work in SDR or Dolby Vision without any issue (even the ATV menu) but when I go to 4K HDR even the menu is darker. The subtitles is not really blank. That's really weird since it's awesome on Dolby vision but really different in HDR with iTunes movie.

    Does someone get the same behavior ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Elurztac
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV Blurry 4K?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    Hi all, just wondering if anyone had some insight into this. I have an Apple TV 4K and whenever I watch movies from the TV App, or my iTunes movie library that are HDR 4K, I notice the quality seems a little.... blurry and not super sharp? I downloaded the Vimeo app to test some of the 4K videos on there and they were all crystal clear. Am I doing something wrong? Debating if I should go out and buy the Belkin cable from the Apple store today.

    submitted by /u/Jaybotics
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Volume

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    I have my Apple TV using the beta 13.0.0 version and I have noticed that the volume has been very "low" as well as having some connection problems. Anyone else having these issues?


    [link] [comments]

    Screensaver not always initiating on paused content

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    This issue began recently, I can't figure out whether it was tvOS 12.4 or the recent LG HomeKit and AirPlay 2 update, but my Apple TV 4K doesn't always start the screensaver after the 5 minutes I have it set to. I've noticed it happening on paused content on YouTube and ESPN, it'll just freeze the frame but not go into screensaver after 5 minutes. I've tried restarting by holding Menu and TV buttons, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/Aydoinc
    [link] [comments]

    Same movie, different audio

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    I bought The Fast and Furious 4K box set and used the digital download code via Movies Anywhere.

    On ATV4K, if I play, for example, Fate of the Furious through iTunes, the audio track is 5.1 LPCM. If I play it through Vudu, it's 7.1 LPCM.

    Why the difference? Is there a setting that I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Elgibby1
    [link] [comments]

    Can Apple TV stream audio to Sonos via Airplay 2?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm thinking of improving my AV situation at home. Specifically, I'm looking into buying 2 IKEA Sonos speakers and an Apple TV. My question is, if I'm seeing something on the Apple TV, will it be able to output sound via Airplay 2 on the Sonos speaker? If so, will I be able to change the volume using only the Apple TV remote?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/joaoalm
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot I had ATv3. Is jailbreaking worth it?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Currently I have a Mac mini hooked up to my tv for xfinity streaming and kodi. Would jailbreaking an Apple TV 3 let me add those apps so I wouldn't need a keyboard and mouse on my coffee table? Would like to set the computer up with its own smaller monitor and use it regularly rather than through the tv so thinking of either doing this or just getting a fire stick, but I already have the Apple TV from years ago.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/wallytwinkletoes
    [link] [comments]

    Advise for the Elderly?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    My father-in-law has recently moved in and is really struggling using AppleTV. Specifically using the damn remote and understanding how to open up DirectTV now.

    • any remote suggestions?
    • any way to just force DirectTV now to open up?
    • - any other advise?
    submitted by /u/Samurai_Eddie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel