• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 06]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 06]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 06]

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Default Safari Search - Google or DuckDuckGo

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:52 AM PDT

    I currently use google, but what is your experience using DuckDuckGo instead?

    submitted by /u/cant_stop_
    [link] [comments]

    Found out on r/iosbeta that you can set your own dynamic background using shortcuts. Here’s mines, this was taken with my iPhone XS Max using Portrait mode in the dark mode I added the stage light effect to the photo.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    SoftBank President suggests that iPhone 11 will launch on September 20th

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:44 PM PDT

    tvOS update block will stop working 1/31/2020.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    I was messing around with the developer certificates today and noticed the following tidbit in the tvOS 12 profile:

    <key>RemovalDate</key> <date>2020-01-31T00:00:00Z</date> 

    This is important because folks noticed that the prior version "disappeared" earlier this year without warning. The other issue? The new generation of profiles are keyed by device type:

    <key>TargetDeviceType</key> 

    Just giving folks a heads up so we can start planning.

    submitted by /u/Sir_H_Derpington
    [link] [comments]

    I am at 81% Battery Health on my XS Max. What would you do?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:23 AM PDT

    First of all I am a huge fan and had every single upgrade since the iPhones started selling outside of the USA. So my first one was the 3G and I was always happy with the phones.

    Now my Xs Max is slowly decreasing more and more in battery health and the XI (?) is close.

    I dont want to upgrade for the first time in my iPhone life as there is absolutely no wish open anymore for improvement. With the X I was hoping for a bigger version which was the only flaw. Now I have the package.

    What would you guys do? Get a new battery or still go for the upgrade in september because why not? It will only get better right?

    submitted by /u/BasicMouse
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I would share what I made, an iPod/extremely budget iPhone based off of the 5c with shrunken bezels, a thinner design, and no home button. I know it's unlikely, but I would like to see Apple do something similar. Sorry about the messiness, not best with Photoshop.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    How exactly does FaceID work?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    I just got an iPhone XS Max the other day and I'm loving the phone so far. I've been curious as to how the Face ID actually works. Does it just scan your eyes? Or does it actually take the whole face into account. Sorry for the odd question

    submitted by /u/DavisTheMagicSheep
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to NOT use HEIC format when sharing photos?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:30 AM PDT

    Is there any way to have this thing export photos as JPG instead of HEIC? Whenever I airdrop photos to my mac, they come out as HEIC, which I then have to convert to use for anything. Same deal when uploading to my google drive.

    submitted by /u/anarchyx34
    [link] [comments]

    Is the battery health check accurate?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    The reason I ask is because due to some stupidity on my part I had to wipe my iPhone XS Max back to factory default.

    Before the wipe, my battery health was at 98% and after the factory reset it's now saying 100%.

    I can only assume that iOS assumes that the battery capacity is at 100% on initial startup. However, this makes me wonder what the true capacity of my phone is now?

    Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you noticed your battery draining faster after factory reset, even though battery health says 100%.

    submitted by /u/mammothwolly
    [link] [comments]

    New vs 10 month old leather enclosure. Any ideas how to improve longer live?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:32 AM PDT

    My personal RGB iphone 6s (It's lit, literally)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 10:06 PM PDT

    Power bank charging question - iPhone X

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    I recently bought a portable power bank that happens to have wireless charging, in addition to normal usb charging ports. It also has a small lcd that tells you what ports are drawing power/how much battery is left in the power bank.

    When I plug my iphone X in via usb and then set the phone on the wireless charging pad; the power bank indicates both ports (wireless and usb) are drawing power. My question is; can the iphone actually wirelessly charge and charge via usb at the same time? If yes, are there any negative consequences I should consider to charging the phone this way?

    I would like to think it charges the phone faster but not sure if thats the case.

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NoMoreDesks
    [link] [comments]

    Replace all Apple Software with something that works?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel