• Breaking News

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 05]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 05]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 05]

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:12 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I tried to do a clear glass mod on my iPhone 4s running iOS 6...

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    Ifixit I love you!! New battery and screen bought me another year or two with this old 6s.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Just a quick review. I have an old 6S that I got used that was okay but kinda beat up. The battery life was meh last year but it totally got worse this year. The earpiece got really quiet and I couldn't hear phone calls. The screen was busted in the corner but still useable.

    New phone wasn't in the budget so I had to rebuild what I have and pray I didn't screw it up. I did a battery and complete screen kit for under $100. Install went smooth with the included tools. Parts all work great and my phone works soooo much better with a healthy battery in it.

    Also the kit came with Phillips screws to replace the petalobes!!! Would totally buy from them again.

    submitted by /u/dugfunne
    [link] [comments]

    Found a case of brand new iPhone 4 cases. Even my 5 year old says it’s so tiny. That YouTube though!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    The BIGGEST thing I hate about my iPhone XS

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    I cannot STAND how the volume up and lock button takes a screenshot.

    It feels natural to grip both sides of the phone when locking/unlocking. It just so happens the volume up button is there too. It's so easy to press the volume button while you're trying to grip the phone to get leverage to press the lock button.

    Every now and then I have to go through my photos and delete all the screenshots I took while trying to lock or unlock my phone.

    submitted by /u/pursian
    [link] [comments]

    Super disappointed with my iPhone X.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:14 AM PDT

    Hi friends.

    I just want to share my little story.

    Yesterday i put my phone on the table with a good 40% battery on and went to sleep. I want to say that I am really careful with the stuff I own, I treat everything super carefully: I still own a 2012 MacBook in perfect shape I use daily, e.g.

    So, when I woke up my iPhone was dead. No battery symbol, nothing when I tried to charge it… I went to the Apple Store where they ran a test, they opened it, and the concluded that during the night, for no reason, a short circuit happened and it fried the logic board.

    They asked me € 580 to replace it. I have no words.

    Unfortunately this was a gift from a friend who lives abroad, so tracking down the store where he bought it will be a real problem…

    And we're talking about a € 1100 phone from a year ago.

    submitted by /u/BEHRINGERRR
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a new XR from work and a new work number. My personal phone (7+) is Verizon, new phone ATT. Can I dual sim? Do I need to switch to ATT? Other questions

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I got a new work phone (XR 128, ATT service) and I already hate lugging around two phones (plus my iPad Pro) to go to work (long commute). I'm thinking it would be smarter to get a dual sim but I have a couple of questions. I tried searching in this sub but didn't quite find the answers to my questions.

    1. How does the phone decide which data plan to use? For example, I have unlimited currently on Verizon (I stream spotify, maps, etc. and regularly use more than 4gb a month). I'm not entirely sure what my data limit is for my new work phone (have emailed but you know how it goes...) Does anyone know how this works? I travel internationally frequently (to Africa/Europe/S. Am.) and have an international plan on my new work phone–same idea in reverse... will I need to remove my personal sim to make sure I don't use that plan while traveling?
    2. Will I need to switch to ATT to do a dual sim on my work phone?

    Is there anything else to consider? Has anyone else used this approach to the work/personal cell situation? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/katerader
    [link] [comments]

    I miss force touch...

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    From 7Plus to XR. I'm so sad

    submitted by /u/midcitychef
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone X and Airpods are heaving battery drain

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:10 AM PDT

    I'm on vacation in Europe, and I need my iPhone for Google Maps, pictures and other things.

    However, I noticed it's been dying rapidly. I had 100% change at 9am, by 12pm today it was at 28% and this wasn't even with constant use. I was just in the airport going to another country not using it.

    This has in a way been an annoyance. I had to go out at night after a day of sight seeing, by 11pm I was at 6% after charging it TWICE that day. I luckily purchased a portable battery, but I noticed often times the phone won't even charge so I have to use a wall outlet.

    My phone isn't the only victim, my airpods have been rapidly dying too. I purchased it last October. The only thing with decent battery is my Apple Watch which last more than a day.

    I previously assumed it was Google Maps, but I went a day without using is and same thing.

    My battery performance is at 84% now. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Ares6
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly reminder that the leather case is not drop rated

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    Do you know any app for adding music from soundcloud to video?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    Has anybody else experienced this in and out signal behavior?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    Question for users in the iPhone Upgrade program.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    Is it worth becoming a part of this if I upgrade my phone every year and get AppleCare on those devices?

    Can I opt to stay on a phone longer then a year if I don't like the next upgrade option?

    What has the experience been like for you? Is it simple to get a new phone every year this way even though you don't get to keep the old one like I would be able to now? (Or can you buy it out if you choose?)

    submitted by /u/njw29
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter IOS Client

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:26 AM PDT

    Ok guys I'm currently looking for an alternative to the official twitter because we all have our thoughts on the official app. What does everyone recommend? The stand out ones on the App Store seem to be Tweetbot 5 or Tweeterrific? Who recommends what or any others that I should use and the reasons? Be interested to hear your thoughts.Thanks

    submitted by /u/llewi01
    [link] [comments]

    Someone stole my iPhone6 out if my car.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:23 PM PDT

    Is there anyway at all they can get into my phone without my passcode? I have some sensitive stuff in there.

    submitted by /u/burnermcghee
    [link] [comments]

    I go back and forth between Android and iOS a lot. Recently went from an iPhone 7 to a Galaxy Note 9. Here's one thing I instantly miss.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 05:21 PM PDT

    First thing: I totally forgot how bad Android annoyed me with this crap. Tons of "system notifications" that you can't dismiss and clutter up my notification shade

    For clarification: I switch back and forth so I don't end up being one of those annoying people who go "ohh iOS is best and android sucks" or vice versa. They both have pros and cons.

    Back on my last Android, I used Google Play Music because I listen to a lot of music not in streaming catalogues, and being able to upload my own music to supplement things was really nice. When I went to my iPhone 7, I swapped to Apple Music (Same reason, plus the whole "it's built into iOS so it works better" thing).

    Apple Music/Siri is great because even if it's a song I uploaded, Siri will play it just fine (I listen to a Twenty One Pilots album that isn't on any streaming service, but uploaded to apple music, I can ask Siri to play it no problem). Which is very nice in Carplay so I don't have to try and find songs with my hand while I drive. Reddit apps like Apollo were amazing, and Tweetbot for Twitter is also amazing.

    When I got my Note 9, I downloaded the Apple Music app to keep my current library, however it's a bit behind. I can't set it as a default source for Google Assistant. I can still specify to play a song "on Apple Music" to play it, however, it doesn't seem to like playing music I uploaded that's not in the actual Apple Music catalogue. Siri played the Twenty One Pilots album no problem, but asking Google Assistant to play the same thing doesn't work.

    Also, the Google Assistant command for Apple Music is weird, because when I ask Google Assistant to "Play the album Regional at Best by Twenty One Pilots on Apple Music", it will say "sure", then open the app to the search bar with "Regional at Best by Twenty One Pilots" filled out, which doesn't pull any results naturally.

    I really don't want Carplay to be a deciding factor for which phone I keep, because I'm in my car for not long, relatively. and I tend to like Android as an OS more for things like system wide ad blockers, MST in Samsung Pay, and things like that. But Carplay has spoiled me so much and Android Auto just isn't even remotely in the same league.

    Also, I have an Apple Watch 4 for my iPhone, and none of the WearOS android watches come close to the UI/UX.

    submitted by /u/MrJinxyface
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there iPhone leaks in the first place ?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 07:52 PM PDT

    I'm just curious why there are leaks from suppliers.

    Is it some opportunistic employee who gets paid by whoever he sells the information or parts to?

    And would apple blacklist the supplier from future projects if they find out the leaks came from them?

    submitted by /u/limache
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time limit - no more than 10 minutes at once?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:53 AM PDT

    I've been trying to help myself by setting limits for apps, but I don't want to limit the total over 24 hours - I want to set a limit so that an app can't be used for more than 10 minutes straight, but can be reopened after a break. As far as I can tell, this isn't a feature. Or is it? If not, I think Apple should consider it.

    submitted by /u/okibousou
    [link] [comments]

    Wallet now asks the location for the Apple Card. iOS 12.4

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    21:9 video recording

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 02:09 AM PDT

    I'm not quite sure whether I'm in the right place for such a question but is there any app that allows me to record a 21:9 aspect ratio video?

    submitted by /u/unchartedstory
    [link] [comments]

    What are good settings to use on iPhone XR to prevent eye strain?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 01:15 AM PDT

    I've recently been having eye problems, which coincide with my recent purchase of iPhone XR. Dropping the white point down has helped immensely. What are good settings to use to prevent eye strain?

    I've tried reducing motion but that hasn't really helped. I find the eye strain is more common when scrolling a white background page. Are there any settings I can use to fix that?

    submitted by /u/HumbleTurnip
    [link] [comments]

    Should Apple Bring back this design.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel