• Breaking News

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - August 05, 2019

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - August 05, 2019


    Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - August 05, 2019

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    Please use this thread to discuss whatever iOS games you've been playing lately. They don't have to be new games, they can be old games and they do not have to be iOS original titles!

    As long as it's an iOS game it belongs in here. Make sure to put the name(s) of the game(s) in bold to make it easier for people skimming the thread to see what you're talking about, and if you'd like to make it really convenient turn the game name into a hyperlink that sends people directly to the App Store!

    To keep track of the thread, the comments are sorted by "new" by default.

    Find previous weekly threads here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Please recommend me a base builder with some strategy!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    I really enjoyed playing art of conquest but it was a massive time sink to play so I was wondering if anyone has an alternative?

    Unlike other base builders, I liked how I had command of individual battles such as placing troops and casting spells.

    I also liked how armies were customisable (I build and upgraded what I wanted) as well as the heroes (levelling skills and equipping gear). So variety in strategy is a massive + for me.

    I also really like hero units :)

    And finally I'm mainly a PVE player so as long as I can chill and do my own thing I'm happy for other whales to bank roll my games.

    I also quite enjoy Titan throne (loads of fiddling with your army and heroes) but I worry it's not that popular and will get shut down (idk if this happens frequently).

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/DanuTalis
    [link] [comments]

    CIV 6 Rise & Fall expansion runs like a dream!

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    As many of you know, the Rise & Fall expansion was dropped a couple weeks back much to Civ fans' surprise. I haven't read much about it since it was released so I thought I'd say a few things.

    Hardware: iPad Pro 11" running on iPadOS13 Public Beta 3 & 4 (4th beta released in the last few days).

    I've tweaked the config file to run the game at retina resolution (highly recommended if you have anything with A10X or newer!), and I also use the "ui scale" tweak to make the interface less obtrusive. As much as I liked the 60fps smoothness, I learned I could cap the frame rate to 30fps, which doubled my battery life when playing the game. From 100% down to the 5% battery warning, capping the frame rate extended my playtime from 3hrs to 6hrs, and the iPad barely gets warm!

    Since R&F released I've completed 3 standard size games, ending at turn 279, 255 and 263 respectively (science victory, domination, then another science victory if that makes any difference).

    There wasn't any frame rate slowdown despite running at retina resolution and going well beyond 200 turns where there's a LOT of models on screen. The turns themselves also took between 3-5 seconds to calculate and then I was issuing my orders again - very reasonable for a tablet!

    In the last 2 days, I've been trying to get Mods to work, but I'm very inexperienced to the mod structure for iPad so I haven't had all that much success. Also, being that I'm running iPadOS beta, I'm not sure if instabilities stem from the OS itself, or the incompatibility of the mods.

    Aspyr have announced that Gathering Storm will come this year so I'm very optimistic based on how well Rise & Fall has been implemented (yes I know we've been waiting donkeys years for it, but hey - it's here now!)

    Of course, at 30USD, the pricing has been somewhat divisive/controversial. I don't expect everyone to agree with the price, but I for one have enjoyed more than enough hours to warrant the price-tag (over 60 hours according to to Apple's native Screen Time data). Honestly I'm happy to support Aspyr's efforts in porting over the FULL experience onto a mobile platform.

    Just my two cents and hopefully it helps some people better decide whether they want to buy the expansion or not.

    P.S. I also used a USB-C adaptor to mirror onto my home TV via HDMI, and paired a bluetooth mouse - it worked flawlessly. (Note: The mouse emulates touch input, so no right-clicking in this case!)

    Edit - a screenshot of what it looks like with retina tweak and ui scale 1.6 Click Here

    submitted by /u/ccyc87
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for idle games with features like levelling up, upgrading stuff, collecting money, characters, trophies or in game currency to enhance your strength. Any recommendations?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    Some of my favorites at the moment are:

    • Board Kings
    • Egg Inc.
    • Hooked Inc.
    • Theme Park
    • Cat Game
    • Idle World

    Not really into the very strategic looking games like Lords Mobile, Clash of Clans, etc.

    submitted by /u/lord_bingum
    [link] [comments]

    Price Drop - Baldur's Gate ($9.99 -> $3.99)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    Games like Turbo Dismount.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    I spent a good amount of my time playing Stair Dismount and loved it, so when Turbo Dismount came out I got it as soon as I could. While there's still an update every now and again, the game has got sort of stale so I'm looking for similar games.

    Anything that's a simulator or a stunt game where you can destroy objects, vehicles or "people", blood and guts are fine in my book.

    submitted by /u/octopus-god
    [link] [comments]

    What can I get with $2?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    I only have $2 to spend and wanted to hear some recommendations. It can be any genre.

    submitted by /u/Klice1207
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone Game recs?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    I love cooking/restaurant and puzzle games but lately all the ones I've been playing are so money hungry. If they're "Free to play" you can only get a few levels in before they start trying to sting you for dosh every second and it gets to the point where you can't even play it without waiting a day or paying real money. The worst offender I've seen of this lately is the new Diner Dash app. As someone who loved the original diner dashes, the levels are insultingly short, and it's not very long before you can't play without using real money. Restaurant story and those like it are the same. At some point it gets so hard to get the supplies you need to upgrade everything that it's not even worth playing. And even if I do buy what I need, the items you get for the money you spend are not even remotely worth it.

    Let me just say that I don't mind paying for a game, I know developers have to eat, but it's getting a little out of control. I would rather just pay the 4.99 for a good game that I can just play and play and play as much as I want. Trouble with that, of course, is you don't know if it's good until you play it. So I'm asking you, my reddit homies, what your favorite games like this are that you're playing. Free to play or paid, I don't care, so long as it's good and not obnoxious about the money if asks for. If I play a game for long enough and am enjoying it,I will absolutely make in game purchases just to support the developers, but not if I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, does that make sense? I hope I'm not coming off whiny.

    Thanks for your time!

    submitted by /u/Roarkshop
    [link] [comments]

    Any other games in the style of Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing to check out?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    I really like these laid back crafting/building/farming games that have social aspects too where you sort of build your own life as part of the town. I like just logging in for 30 minutes each day to unwind, doing whatever I feel like, without being under pressure or feeling like I have some immediate objective I NEED to complete. I like how I feel like the world changes over time. I also like how there's so much to do that you can play the same save for weeks/months/maybe even years.

    Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing are great examples of what I mean. I've heard Rune Factory is similar too, but never had the chance to play it.

    I already have Stardew Valley for iOS. I'm just wondering if there are any other similar games I should check out, since I often like to have 2 or 3 games on rotation at any given time to keep things more interesting :)

    (ps I have an ipad rather than an iphone if that makes a difference in your recommendation(s))

    submitted by /u/SoHelpfulGuy
    [link] [comments]

    What are the must buy, premium games of any kind?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    So, i have about 20 dollar that i am planning to get myself some nice games. What are the games i absolutely should have? Ä° am open to any kind of game and category.

    Please dont suggest Stardew Walley. Ä°t is a good game but i am not a farming guy. Ä° played a bit back before but couldnt get into it.

    Also as it is currently popular game, please dont suggest Battle Chasers: Nightwar too. Ä° never loved games with turn based combat systems.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/IamSorryLittleOne
    [link] [comments]

    [Hyper Light Drifter] There was an attempt of 800 chain dashes

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Pinball game(s) that has controller support, 11” iPad Pro resolution support, and is regularly updated?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 05:14 PM PDT

    Title?

    So many games that are recommended are last updated like a year ago. Or they don't fit new device resolutions.

    As far as controller support, it's 2019 and iPadOS aside, mfi controllers have been a thing long enough that there is no excuse for games not to support them.

    submitted by /u/BFYTW_AHOLE
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for roguelike ipad game

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys, i have been playing a couple rogue like games on pc lately (slay the spire and darkest dungeon mostly). Is there any good roguelike game for ipad ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/mungyboy
    [link] [comments]

    Can you recommend me a good free thinking game ? , preferably offline

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:51 PM PDT

    Are there hangman-type games to play with friends not immediately next to you?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 01:34 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find hangman games to play with friends--whether iMessage or otherwise--and having a bit of trouble. We're on opposite coasts so it doesn't help for games that are multiplayer but require the other person to be near you.

    Any other suggestions for casual games to play with friends far away during the work day?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/floppydiet
    [link] [comments]

    Game Suggestions For This Community!:)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    I compiled a list of mobile games I am currently enjoying (some free, some premium). I hope it helps some of you guys find a game to play this coming week! If you have any suggestions on how I can improve its format, feel free to let me know! Thanks!

    Minty Mobile Games Podcast Ep. 4! (Mobile Gaming Recap & News) https://youtu.be/KdQSUg73CRY

    submitted by /u/TheKindMind
    [link] [comments]

    Hyper light drifter looks gorgeous on the iPhone XS Max

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel