• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 3, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 03]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 03]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [August 03]

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    “Number changed to primary” has anyone experienced this? It only happens when texting non-iPhone users.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:56 PM PDT

    Restored a iPhone 5!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    Apple standalone password manager app

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 05:23 AM PDT

    Apple should create a standalone password manager app for keychain and add more features, or just buy 1password out and incorporate that with Keychain into a standalone app. Does anyone think it's useful or not?

    submitted by /u/Tomreddit4
    [link] [comments]

    Notability vs goodnote 5 for college?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    New marketing strategy?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    Got an upgrade from an SE to XR.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 10:14 PM PDT

    So I finally upgraded phones after almost two years and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the XR? Maybe some features that could help someone like me, who has never had a phone that was older than 3 years from the current year. Any tips are appreciated :) Let me know if this post isn't allowed, I just don't know where else to go.

    submitted by /u/StripedLlama607
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking case recommendation for iPhone XS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 03:26 AM PDT

    I've just upgraded from an iPhone 6, currently seeking recommendations for a case that will hold up well. I'm looking at apples silicone case but I'd much prefer something that covers the bottom of the phone as well.

    submitted by /u/mikeisadroid
    [link] [comments]

    What Wireless Earbuds Are You Satisfied Using?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    What wireless earbuds, at any price point, are you satisfied using, other than AirPods?

    submitted by /u/TheseAwareness
    [link] [comments]

    Today I dropped my iPhone XS Max to the floor. I was trying to put it in my pocket but missed it. The screen protector cracked (which I will replace) but I don’t know if any other damage has happened. How can I found out if something else has damaged.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    Supervised iPhone

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 12:38 AM PDT

    Started a new job and issued a company iPhone. It's in supervised mode. My understanding is that in this mode, the company can't track my location without putting the phone into lost managed mode — basically locking the phone altogether from my being able to use it. My question is, however, can the company install an app (that's invisible, as in no icon available on the screen and runs in the background) that will provide them with my location even if this isn't supposed to happen in supervised mode?

    Same question about the invisible app, but now on a phone issues by a company that does NOT have supervised mode on. Is it possible for them to track my location somehow?

    Could not find anything doing a google search for this rather specific question. I just get paranoid with privacy and don't want my company following me around all the time.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/turtlemeds
    [link] [comments]

    Is my iphone covered by applecare+ or applecare?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    Stolen IPhone 5

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    Hello, my iPhone got stolen but i got it back , it was on floor without my phone-case and screen protector . Everything else was ok and untouched, thief didn't go to any or my apps. I'm worried what possibly could be done to my phone? I'm thinking to go to apple store . Any idea what that thief has done to it?

    submitted by /u/rye199
    [link] [comments]

    Caught this last night, AT&T offer subsitized phone pricing XR 64GB for $299.99 w/2 year contract

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    iPhone XR case or no case?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 02:28 AM PDT

    So I got an iPhone XR and I don't mind having a case on it, but at the same time I would prefer to not have a case on it. So it wasn't going to use my case would it be ok (safe) or am I better off keeping the case on? Also what about no case but a screen protector? I just would prefer not using a clunky case but it still be safe? Can anyone give any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/01raccoon
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X battery capacity 87%, yet it says "Service." Could this be a bug, or is my phone incorrect about its capacity?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    How can my battery health be "significantly degraded" when I'm still sitting at 87% capacity? I know they'll switch to "service" under 80%, but I'm a bit worried as to whether I should see if I can get a battery replacement tomorrow (AppleCare). I leave the country for a few weeks in a few days, so it couldn't have picked a worse time but I've had no major issues other than shit battery life (which is fine considering I always carry a battery bank).

    My battery has been shit for the past year lasting around 4-5 hours of usage before dropping to under 10% or 20% battery, though I just assumed it was because I use Snapchat quite a bit since my battery always said it was in peak performance prior to today. For months now I've felt that my battery capacity has actually been less than 87% capacity for the longest while. Seeing "service" now leads me to further believe this to be the case.

    The only difference in the past few weeks is that I leave my phone wirelessly charging most of the time so that I'm always fully charged when I'm away from home or my desk at work. But I wouldn't understand why this would affect much, when it's sitting on the charger at 100% the back doesn't get warm so I wouldn't think it's dealing with an exorbitant amount of heat or anything.

    submitted by /u/LethalCS
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever have their alarms completely not go off?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 07:41 PM PDT

    Had an event today. I set like 5 morning alarms and I woke up almost 45 minutes late to find that none of my alarms went off. I checked my alarms, and I could see that all of them were still programmed to go off, but none of them did. I then set another alarm for a minute later to see if that would go off...it didn't. I had to shut off my whole phone to get my alarms working again but it was the biggest pain in the ass because it was completely out of my control. I literally did everything right & I set multiple backup alarms, but none of them went off. For as long as I've had an iPhone, I've never had this happen.

    Now, I'm going to get an electric alarm clock as a backup, because I no longer trust my phone alarm. Although electric alarms are not my first choice as they can be unreliable as well, if the power goes out.

    Anyone ever experienced this?

    submitted by /u/MzJay453
    [link] [comments]

    Map drawing app

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 12:14 AM PDT

    Hi redditors, I'm searching an app, maybe for iPad, that allows me to draw on maps and let me zoom in and out. I'd like to draw the map of my last trip in France!

    submitted by /u/Jacopx95
    [link] [comments]

    using iphone as keyboard/mouse

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 11:01 PM PDT

    hey all, I'm wondering if anybody has a free solution for using an iphone (or even a macbook) as a keyboard mouse with a mac mini? the mini be used as a media server, so just looking for an easy way.

    submitted by /u/huggyb
    [link] [comments]

    No Service Dings

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    Alright so at the place i work at i have to go downstairs pretty frequently, and i starting hearing a little jingle when i go downstairs. Then a completely different jingle when i'm upstairs for a little time. After sometime of confusion i finally think that they are jingles for when my service is lost(and gained). I have never noticed these jingles before and i'm curious if it was a software update i wasn't aware of. fyi: I have my airpods in all the time and that's when i hear the jingle is when they are in.

    submitted by /u/IPaxtonI
    [link] [comments]

    what do you AirDrop

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    what is the weirdest airdrop you've received and where? if we share enough airdrops, the world will be overflowing with pure fun :), or do you use it for the intended reasons?

    submitted by /u/xailia_
    [link] [comments]

    How to unlock the hidden easter egg in the new Twitterific for iOS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    an app to act as a till

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    so the app can be a calculator but instead of typing in the sum it will have a menu that I set with the price and I just select items from the menu and it will add it up

    submitted by /u/Unihedge
    [link] [comments]

    Weird gap between bezel and glass on iPhone Xs... Is this normal?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2019 05:57 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel