• Breaking News

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    Apple Watch Been waiting on this calendar notification for a while now. Tonight’s the night!

    Apple Watch Been waiting on this calendar notification for a while now. Tonight’s the night!


    Been waiting on this calendar notification for a while now. Tonight’s the night!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    Strange notification on my S4. Not sure if I should input my password or not and a cursory google search doesn’t provide much input either.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    Walkie Talkie not working while connected to iPhone

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    This has been driving us bonkers for a week now. When I try to talk to my girl over the walkie talkie app it says it can't connect to her UNLESS she's outside away from her phone off wifi and phone connection (s4 cellular for both of us). I can call her when she's off network and I'm still connected to my phone and wifi just fine

    We've done all of the troubleshooting

    -We're both updated to current software on iPhone X's and S4 Cellular Apple Watches
    -Disabled/enabled/logged out and in/reinstalled FaceTime app on the iPhone
    -Changed eachothers contact card phone number label to iPhone instead of mobile
    -Changed our own contact cards on iPhone to someone else and then back to our own
    -reset network settings on both phones
    -Restarted both iPhones and watches (hard restart as well as just power cycling)
    -force closed walkie talkie app on watches
    -tried FaceTime and FaceTime audio calls between phones/watches/phone to watch/etc. All work fine

    I've typed all this and realized that the last thing to try is just unpairing her watch from her phone and re-setting it up, but dang that's time consuming. Can you think of anything else that we should try before doing that?

    submitted by /u/gymshoe
    [link] [comments]

    A study conducted lists the Apple Watch as the only exception for wrist-based heart rate monitors in terms of accuracy and stability

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    WatchOS 6's California (full screen) watch face has become my favorite

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    Red exclamation point after watch update

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    I got my series 4 literally last week and just tried to update the OS today and I got a message that looks like this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204776

    I of course followed the instructions and tried rebooting it but the error came back. I have set up a repair/return with Apple but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if there's any other ways that you guys have fixed it without Apple's help, because I really would prefer to not lose my watch for the next week or however long it takes. I've already unpaired it and now I'm just letting it sit on the charger. Maybe if the battery dies it'll reboot? Should I try to make it die?

    submitted by /u/andysaurus_rex
    [link] [comments]

    Heart Rate Spikes

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    Ok, so last week I blasted the Apple Watch pretty hard for giving me some wild, momentary heart rate spikes (ex. 60-160 and back within seconds). I was getting several an hour. I wasn't symptomatic, however decided to see a cardiologist and confirmed no spikes correlating to those seen on watch.

    Ok great.

    I was about to abandon my watch but decided to give it another go. It stopped all together. Strangest thing, was light a light switch. Fast forward a week and I'm seeing spikes again. I decided to try the constant monitoring option on Cardiogram and now it won't spike any more. Any idea what's going on?

    Recap.

    Getting heart rate spikes again in the stock HR app but no spikes while in cardiogram constant monitoring. Looking for answers!

    submitted by /u/ivozzz
    [link] [comments]

    Hot food and apple watch?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    I know steam and watch don't go well together. I realized today while cooking that the watch comes in contact with steam from hot food. How detrimental is it for the watch? Hot tubs and steam are a contant source of steam but is steam from food equally as bad?

    submitted by /u/Hull-Down
    [link] [comments]

    Application similar to « Documents by Readdle »?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 05:49 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Are you familiar with the "Documents by Readdle" application? This is an iPhone application that allows you to store several documents (audio, video, images, etc.) locally. Very useful when you download content directly from your iPhone without using a computer.

    Do you know if there is a similar application on Apple Watch? An application where you can store content locally (directly on the watch) so you can read it without having access to your iPhone?

    Thank you to you,

    Have a good day.

    submitted by /u/_Rama_
    [link] [comments]

    Can't figure out Podcasts (locally) on watch

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    I've tried several apps (maybe it's me). My goal is to get podcasts on the watch so I can play them when I am running without the phone. Ideally, I would like my podcasts of choice to download the latest episodes to the phone, and automatically transfer them to the watch without my intervention. If that's not possible, then what is the most frictionless app/method to get and manage podcasts on the watch?

    submitted by /u/l_stevens
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good sites to get cheap, but decent quality AW bands?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:08 AM PDT

    Also, does anyone know of any good Aliexpress marketplaces that sell good watch bands?

    submitted by /u/Danny2877
    [link] [comments]

    My favourite watch face

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    New Series 4 Apple Watch taking too long to update

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 04:39 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I just bought a new series 4 cellular 44mm watch and it is taking too long to update. It says 17 hours left and it changes to 15hours and 23 hours and I am very confused. I'm connected to my home wifi and i left it for about an hour now with the watch next to my open iphone 7 plus. It is updating to WatchOS 5.3. Could it be broken or something?

    submitted by /u/sdotandre
    [link] [comments]

    Ordered this band from AliExpress for just $1.42. Killing it

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:30 AM PDT

    Swimming with my Apple Watch 4?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 12:08 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I know we can go underwater with the Apple Watch 4, but what about your feedback? Indeed, this summer, I am going on holiday for 3 weeks. As every year, I would like to be able to do my daily lengths in the pool (11 meters long and up to 2 meters deep). I do a hundred lengths a day.

    My question is this: Can I do them with my Apple Watch 4 on my wrist? This would allow me to have a daily follow-up of my performance.

    I read around that some people didn't prefer to wet it because in case of a problem, it was not supported by Apple. I am therefore interested in your feedback to know if I can try the experiment or not.

    Thank you,

    Have a good day.

    submitted by /u/_Rama_
    [link] [comments]

    App for nurses? Multiple reminders?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 11:23 PM PDT

    I'm a nurse and I'm looking for an app that would let me set multiple "reminders" or timers while I'm at work.

    E.g.

    Patients have every 15 min vitals for an hour, then every 30 for an hour. I just want to pre-program a "reminder system" that would let me easily click one of these protocols into action on my watch. One-click and a reminder would be in place for every 15 mins for an hour, then 30 minutes for an hour.

    At the least is there an app that would let me set reminders at all? rather than on my phone?

    I'm new to this, sorry if there's something already!

    submitted by /u/timmy911
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble with Apple Watch battery usage (38mm Series 3). Bought a watch from a lady who said she had never really used it. Today my mom and I went on a 2 hour hike and the battery was at 96% and after the hike it was at 25% compared to another watch that was at 80%. What’s the problem?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    Is this shiny or matte finish now?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    Exercise Ring bug? 30 minute workout on the Workout app does not translate into 30 minutes of "Exercise" on the Activity app.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    Has anyone experienced this problem? I reach 30 minutes on the workout app but when I check my activity app, it's almost always less, like 28 or 29 minutes of exercise.

    I tried restarting my watch but the problem still persists and it's also up to date.

    submitted by /u/errys
    [link] [comments]

    Sound spiking when sleeping or laying down?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    Hi guys, not sure if this is just a me thing, but whenever I sleep and listen to a podcast or lay down with headphones, etc I accidentally brush the crown, and it causes the volume to spike and get really loud. Anyone have a fix?

    submitted by /u/chddssk
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Gold stainless wear over time

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    For those of you who have the Apple Watch Series 4 in Stainless Steel in Gold I was wondering how it aged. I'd like photos if possible and the date you got it, to get an idea of how the color wears over time (scratches, ...).

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/delolilol
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea what this message might mean? Been getting a ton of these notifications after receiving replacement watch.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 03:01 PM PDT

    Is now the best time to sell an Apple Watch S4?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:50 PM PDT

    So I've decided I'm barely getting any use out of my Apple Watch S4 40mm and in fact has caused me to waste a lot of time tweaking it and getting it the way exactly how I want (during exam time too, irresponsibly buying one then). Also because of the nature of my studies (dental school) I'm hardly allowed to wear it during clinical periods and when I do wear it I feel annoyed because of all the data I wasnt able to track (I love self quantifying using apps like exist.io but it's become impossible now and I've cancelled my membership on it sadly),

    How much would I be able to sell the watch for now? Or is this not the best time to sell it and I should wait? I'm open to ideas on how to continue wearing the watch as much as I can in order not to sell it but most days 8am-5pm wrists are exposed so OHS issues.

    Thanks all

    submitted by /u/fatdentist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel