• Breaking News

    Monday, August 5, 2019

    Apple TV Atv amazon app: how to confirm it’s streaming 4K HDR?

    Apple TV Atv amazon app: how to confirm it’s streaming 4K HDR?


    Atv amazon app: how to confirm it’s streaming 4K HDR?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    I went to play "the boys" and navigated to the 4K section. It started playing and looked great but in my Sony tv, there was no HDR logo that pops up in the picture settings when it recognizes an hdr stream. But when I exit out of the show to go back to the amazon app home screen I get the little Dolby vision logo popping up in the top right screen corner.

    I have a Sony 55a9f hooked directly into the Apple TV 4K. The tv is then hooked up to my marantz receiver. Atv passed the Dolby vision test and match frame rate and content are turned on. I'm confused now if I'm actually getting hdr, any help?

    submitted by /u/xanksnap
    [link] [comments]

    Avengers: Endgame Bonus Content

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    So does Avengers Endgame on Apple TV come in with the bonus content such as deleted scenes and stuff like that? I never purchased anything from Apple TV so this is all new to me. Also I'm purchasing this on a iPhone IOS device

    submitted by /u/Sober-Pickle
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV FXNow app no cc on many titles

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    Regarding the FXnow app on my Apple TV4k: Closed captions are not available on several shows...I don't get cc for Atlanta, Americans, Mr. Inbetween, and Vercase...however, I DO get cc on Baskets, Snowfall, Fosse/Verdon Using Firefox browser on my PC, I get cc on ALL FX content.

    I would appreciate if anyone with ATV & FXnow would check a title or 2 to see if it's a global problem or just me. I asked the ? of FX via FB and Twitter and did not get a response.

    submitted by /u/jedcul
    [link] [comments]

    LG C8 not recognizing HDR content from Apple TV

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    This is a strange situation, but hopefully someone can help me out. My LG C8 OLED is not recognizing some HDR content through the 4K Apple TV. Apple TV video settings as suggested in other threads are 4K SDR 60Hz with matching for Range and Frame Rate turned on. Chroma set to 4:4:4.

    By recognize, I mean that while there's a quick pause on a dark screen when I select a HDR/UHD piece of content on iTunes, Netflix, Hulu or Amazon, I only see the HDR badge pop up in the upper right corner on some content and not on others. However, the same pieces of content are recognized (or not) every time. To my untrained eye, when the badge does not appear, the content is not being shown in HDR.

    In my tests, all Dolby Vision content (Netflix originals and John Wick on iTunes) is properly recognized.

    HDR is the issue:

    • Amazon
      • Most Originals listed as HDR like The Boys, Good Omens, Jack Ryan, The Widow do not trigger the flip to HDR.
      • However, some episodes of Mad Dogs and the Man in High Castle DO trigger the flip to HDR.
    • Netflix no UHD content triggers HDR (though I'm not sure it's supposed to?)
    • iTunes Jurassic Park triggers the flip to HDR
    • No content on Hulu triggers the HDR flip (though I'm not sure it's supposed to?)
    • Not on AppleTV, but the PS4 Pro triggers the flip to HDR when games are compatible (like RDR2).

    Any guesses as to what's going on here?

    submitted by /u/Raccoala
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon Prime - no x-ray?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    I'm really new to the apple tv 4k. Is x-ray not supported/working in the amazon prime app? I am 12.4 with the latest prime app installed.

    Google searches seem to indicate x-ray was indeed added back in around February. Has something happened since then?

    Apparently swiping up should reveal the x-ray option? All I see is the duration scroll bar.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/pheare_me
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best alternative to the TV App?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    The TV App has turned to shite for me after the recent update and redesign. Specifically:

    • Up Next fails to notify when new episodes come out.
    • Even though I am logged in with my cable provider ( and signed in to TV everywhere apps), it only gives me 'buy episode/season' options when trying to open a show.
    • Content being recommended is of no interest to me

    I've started using Watchaid but also wondering if you guys have any other similar apps or ways of aggregating your content?

    submitted by /u/Svk78
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel