• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 1, 2019

    Apple Help Is anyone else’s AirPods glitchy as fuck?

    Apple Help Is anyone else’s AirPods glitchy as fuck?


    Is anyone else’s AirPods glitchy as fuck?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    I've had my AirPods for about a year now, through numerous iOS updates and they've always been glitchy and only work like I would expect about half the time.

    Some of the glitches I usually experience:

    • Only one AirPod will connect. I have to take them both out, put them back in repeatedly until they both work.

    • they take up to 15 seconds to make the 'chime' and start working. Sometimes much quicker, often about 10 seconds.

    • when I open the case, the pop up never happens on my phone, other people say this works well for them.

    Now I would like to know, is this just me/my phone or are these normal 'new tech' issues. None of the symptoms are new to this iOS version. The first issue is the most annoying one to me

    submitted by /u/EMC2_trooper
    [link] [comments]

    Mac goes to this screen and shuts off before reaching the end

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:30 AM PDT

    Odd Graphic error on Finder windows.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    How can I downgrade to iOS 10.3. Have the ipsw, but imazing is not free. Looking for a free way to do this

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:17 PM PDT

    I'm a software tester. I need to regress my iOS to 10.3. I have the ipsw file, but no way of doing it. Looking for a free way to do it.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Anarkya
    [link] [comments]

    How much would it cost to fix this the screen isn't cracked I dropped it

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    After using dual sim, my phone doesn't display US phone numbers properly

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have an eSim with AT&T. When I went to Thailand, I got a physical SIM card and put it in my phone. I now no longer have that 2nd line active. When I used to enter in a phone number, it looked like this: (XXX) XXX-XXX. However, now it looks like this XX-XXX-XXXXX. Is there a way to make my phone forget the Thailand phone number format and display numbers entered ad US phone numbers?

    I've already tried reset network settings to no avail.

    submitted by /u/HoodedxSaints
    [link] [comments]

    I closed my laptop and heard a crack? I have applecare and purchased the laptop a month ago. What should I do?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    Got a new iPhone XR and the call quality isn’t good, whenever someone talks to me they sound like muffled or as if they’re talking on a radio or walkie talkie, what can I do?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Still sounds the same with headphones on, but the calls on messenger sound normal, could it be my carrier?

    submitted by /u/FROZE---
    [link] [comments]

    Dual monitors on a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:56 PM PDT

    So I have a Mid-2012 MacBook Pro and I would like to connect dual monitors to increase productivity. I put a SSD and 16GB of ram into it which is why I don't want to buy a new laptop. I already have one monitor connects with a thunderbolt to hdmi adapter. Is there a way to connect dual monitors or not?

    submitted by /u/Asap_Chop
    [link] [comments]

    What are these two marks? I use a case for my Apple Watch. Will not wash away.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    [Mac] Waiting for partitions to activate for disk utility

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:43 PM PDT

    put a new hard drive into my mac and im booting with a usb, boot is fine but its not letting me erase the drive to GUID without "waiting for partitions to activate"

    Not really sure what else to do, its taking a very long time

    submitted by /u/FaZe_Clon
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change Apple ID on ipad later?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    I'm a corporate pilot and tomorrow we are doing a long trip to Africa and back, like 29 days. We have a cabin management system in the airplane that's on the fritz. I've been on tech support all day and we haven't resolved it yet so I went to Best Buy and bought multiple iPads to load with content and keep on the aircraft. We have wifi in the US and at our hangar so I can update the ipads with movies, etc. What I want to know is A) Can I have multiple iPads on my account and B) can I change the account later? I'm going to purchase a ton of movies to load onto them real quick and let them download all night so we have content for the guests tomorrow but after that I'd rather not have future content billed to my credit card where I have to expense it over and over.

    submitted by /u/ElBigBad
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt 3 dongle with display and power output through one port

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:28 PM PDT

    I have a MBP15 and am looking to declutter my desktop by getting rid of visible cables. I've ordered a wireless mouse and bluetooth speakers. Now, my external monitor requires a cable, as does my laptop.

    I am wondering if it's possible to route power to the laptop through the same TB3 port as my display will be getting its information from via a dongle.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/WHYWOULDYOUEVENARGUE
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to download & create a bootable installer without having another working Mac?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:37 PM PDT

    LI've got one 2009 MacBook that needs a bootable installer, for El Captain, and I have no access to any other Mac.

    I know how to create a bootable installer. I'm trying to save two hours driving to another location, just to make a bootable installer.

    (Recently, all the other work Macs have a policy restriction where USB drives are disabled) (Normally I'd boot my external install of Mojave and get after it, but USB drives on Macs with the work-profiles installed are a no-go.)

    Currently, Internet Recovery only lets me get to 10.7, AND it's not cooperating to boot MacOS. I'm in a boot loop.

    — Once I create this bootable installer, I'm never letting it go.
    — I'll eventually do the same thing with High Sierra, etc. I just currently have no Mac to use to create it.

    — This 2009 MBP is a personal Mac, not a work Mac.

    submitted by /u/FrozenCaveMoose
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to update Mac book air to Mac OS Catalina Beta but it keeps saying the requested update is not available help?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    Itunes Match Help

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    Itunes Match has most of my Van Halen albums listed as "The Collection" on iOS, and I can't find "The Collection" listed in any of the metadata for these albums in iTunes on my Mac. On the Mac, the albums are all listed with the correct album titles. It's super annoying, any idea on a fix?

    submitted by /u/cyberjunkyfreak
    [link] [comments]

    i’ve been experiencing problems with my cellular , and now i have a exclamation mark and a no service. how do i fix ?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    Does the iPhone Upgrade Program require a postpaid plan for all upgrade or only at signup?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    I'd like to switch to a prepaid plan after starting the program. Will I still be able to upgrade, or does that require another check of your plan?

    submitted by /u/A_Diamond_Bullet
    [link] [comments]

    2018 Macbook Pro A1990 Screen Flickering

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    Hey there!

    I just bought a 2018 A1990 from Best Buy, brand new. Upon first setup, the screen was flickering and tearing so badly. Somehow I got through to setup the computer, and it was still flickering. Did a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.6 and it's still not operating properly. Did multiple resets of both the SMC and NVRAM. Is this something that I can possibly fix or do I need to go to the store tomorrow?

    Thanks! Picture attached.

    https://imgur.com/a/u5nPGuD

    submitted by /u/jediah556
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos not uploading

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:10 PM PDT

    Had zero free storage and deleting things didn´t help. (Don´t get this either) Just bought some iCloud storage (200gb) but the photos are not uploading. In photos it now duplicates all my 16k photos and 1k videos. It made a backup without me asking for it which is now gone (?) and it now says ´´restoring´´ in photos. Am I just flipping stupid or why am I unable to get anything under control rn, what am I supposed to do

    (Also since the storage suddenly was all full I feel like my phone is about to die completely. It crashes apps all the time and it won´t charge properly. I only have 5gb of photos up in my iCloud so I´m just scared of losing my stuff)

    Edit: I just started an from me intended backup and now the amount of photos on my phone suddenly is back to normal. I´m so confused

    submitted by /u/s0angelic
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to transfer bought apps from google play store to the appstore?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    I recently ordered my first iPhone ever (a 6s) and will receive it in a couple of days.

    I have during my years of owning android phones bought a couple of apps from the google play store and now im just wondering if I have to repurchase the apps or if I can somehow transfer the ownership to my apple account?

    Thanks in advance for any answers :)

    submitted by /u/Wahito
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook won't detect an inline AUX as input. Only output.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    I have an Astro A40 TR MixAmp (gaming mixamp) and it has an AUX out port. I used it to run an aux from it to my macbook (2015 13" on MacOS 10.14.1 2.3GHz dual core Retina Display)

    But it detects the port as being used for "headphones" in Output. I need to force it to see it as a line-in input to send my microphone audio into it.

    This is so I can use it as a voice-over for my game capture software while I stream on Twitch. Using an Elgato HD60 for my Xbox One.

    Anyone know how to maybe use mac console or something to force a recognition of the AUX port as an input rather than output?

    TLDR: need to convince macbook to recognize aux line in as an input, not output.

    submitted by /u/ListCrayon
    [link] [comments]

    Can't set up new iPhone XR

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    I'm trying to use iCloud to transfer the data on my SIM card to this new iPhone. I used to have an iPhone 6s. I tried to set it up using iCloud to move all of my data but I forgot my password. I tried every method they gave to reset it but none of them have worked due to various circumstances. One particularly annoying thing is that it gave me the option to use my old phone's passcode, but that was a problem because the iPhone 6s uses 4 numbers while the RX uses 6 numbers. Idk what to do. I recently replaced my card and fucking Apple wants me to use the information on my OLD card (which I don't know by heart of course). What the hell do I do?

    submitted by /u/gfuds
    [link] [comments]

    Smashed screen on iphone 7plus, everything was working until yesterday

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    Hey all

    I smashed my iPhone 7plus pretty bad a few months ago and while everything has been working, it all went to shit yesterday.

    I noticed a few days ago the battery was dying by about 3pm but I had just got a watch, that's ok its an older phone, so no biggie.
    Yesterday I was playing golf, started the round with a full battery, put it in my bag.
    By the end of the round I took it out and the phone was dead. So plugged it on the portable charger, waited and waited.
    3 hours later it finally turned out, with 1% and even though the cord was plugged in it was still only on 1%. the thing was the phone was very unresponsive, so I did a hard reset, all that did was turn the phone off and drained the battery.
    I had no cell service all day since it was "searching" non of the apps seem to want to work and it seems really weird.

    I waited again, it came on, still on 1%.

    Anyway, I got home last night, phone straight on the charger and left it overnight, I get up this morning and still on 1%, nothings changed, when the cord is plugged in there's no charging symbol, but if plugged in it stays on.

    If I open an app it hangs for a few minutes, I can't go into settings or anything.
    Its weird.

    It doesn't really matter because I called my wife on my watch to tell her I was having issues yesterday and she went and bought my a Xs Max, but its just odd.

    submitted by /u/sdowden
    [link] [comments]

    Mac changes file system on install

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    Hello! I recently wiped my Mac, No reason for it just wanted a fresh start. I tried installing bootcamp and experienced many errors due to APFS not being supported by Apple's bootcamp drivers.

    I wiped my Mac again and this time made 100% sure I chose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). However I went to disk utility and it says my SSD is running APFS! What?! I formatted it to Mac OS Extended!

    Why is my Mac deciding to do its own thing when I specifically choose Mac OS Extended. Is there something I need to do so the installer doesn't automatically mess up the way I want it?

    Replies is greatly appreciated

    • Early 2015 Retina 13-inch MacBook Pro
    • macOS Mojave 10.14.5
    submitted by /u/mider_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel