• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 24, 2019

    macOS Critical VLC security flaw does not effect MacOS.

    macOS Critical VLC security flaw does not effect MacOS.


    Critical VLC security flaw does not effect MacOS.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    Just Received 2.85 GB macOS update, mostly patches

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    Hidden gem Mac apps

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    So I recently discovered IINA as a replacement for VLC and I'm blown away. It's a relatively unknown hidden gem of a Mac app. Please share such hidden gem apps that are truly great and are not as well known.

    Some apps that I use and would love to find a cool replacement for: GhosteryLite CCleaner, AVG Cleaner Onyx Preview Transmission, WebTorrent Sync iOS AppCleaner

    submitted by /u/dingodoyle
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Mojave won't play video files in QT, VLC, INA unless audio device is enabled

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    FIXED (for now) thanks to suggestion by /u/hello_hack0r :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/cgxpkq/macos_mojave_wont_play_video_files_in_qt_vlc_ina/euovs23/?context=8&depth=9

    I have a problem where local video files on my mac or my local server will not play in any media player whatsoever unless I turn on my headphones (currently my only audio device I can use).

    Once an audio output device is detected in the OS, I can hit the play button and a video will play in any player, otherwise I can skip through frame by frame but the play button will just play one frame.

    This is the same across ALL media players I've tested. And this is the same using ANY media file, encoding, extension, etc. As soon as I turn the headphones on and they connect, it will play fine.

    streaming video within a browser like on youtube or other will work fine, though- even if not audio device is present.

    It this a setting somewhere in macOS? I am using Mojave 10.14.5 but I think this started ever since upgrading to Mojave, as far as I can remember.

    submitted by /u/careless__
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade = delete / format?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 01:32 AM PDT

    Upgrade = delete / format?

    Dear friends,

    Sorry if this question has been answered before. If I go ahead and I install the upgrade there is nothing that will be lost, right? (I know it's always recomendable to back up everything but I was wondering if this upgrade will format / delete everything I have now)

    Thanks.

    Current version: Mojave 10.14.6

    https://i.redd.it/fulh25nnp7c31.png

    submitted by /u/davidffd
    [link] [comments]

    sidecar device not showing up

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    I can't connect to my iPad for sidecar. Before when I was running the earlier betas my iPad was detected by my mac but I had an error that the device couldn't be connected so I decided to wait for later betas. Now I'm running Catalina 10.15 (MacBook Pro early 2015) and iPadOS 13.0 (iPad 6th Gen 2018) but the sidecar tab shows no devices. any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/tristor449
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my old library folders back? (more info)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    I changed the name on my Mac profile and all my preferences were reset which I'm not all that upset about, all my files are still in my users folder under my old profile name. What I can't find is my old Library folder, I tried unhiding it as if it were still a hidden folder but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know how I could find it if it even still exists?

    Would appreciate any help

    submitted by /u/tvler
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina on 2019 Macbook Air

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    Just got the new 2019 macbook air and was looking to install catalina, when I went to download it said this version is not compatible with catalina. Anyone have luck installing on the newest Macbook air?

    submitted by /u/ankpar80
    [link] [comments]

    App folders in iCloud

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:17 PM PDT

    Is there anyway to nest the app folders in iCloud instead of them living at the top level? At first it was just the iWork's app that created folders in there but now days it seems like every application is creating a folder and its looking messy. If I could just create a subfolder call "App data" and throw everything in there... am I alone here?

    submitted by /u/Mlrk3y
    [link] [comments]

    New "Feedback" application randomly appeared?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    Minutes ago I noticed an application called "Feedback" on my macbook that I've never seen before, it's the latest one on the list.

    Here's a picture: https://imgur.com/0GLoOkN

    Any clue as to what this is? I can't delete it, nor does it appear in the applications folder.

    submitted by /u/RogueToo7595
    [link] [comments]

    Login screen mirrored issues

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    So my iMac pro is set to extend the display to an external display, and that works fine except at the login screen. I have tried CMD+F1 but that only temporarily fixes the problem until the next reboot. Anyway to change a permanent setting?

    submitted by /u/PossessedGravy
    [link] [comments]

    Permanently Delete Previously Deleted Files

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    So I'm aware that files deleted from trash bin can be recovered as it is not permanently deleted. I have a few confidential files for the company I need completely deleted off my hard drive. How do I permanently erase all the previously deleted files off my Mac so that it is no longer recoverable?

    submitted by /u/daturtleman1
    [link] [comments]

    2019 Macbook Pro 13" Mojave - Rotate display, but screen goes black? Alternatives?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Is there any reliable way to rotate the screen without it turning completely black and bugging out? If I watch series in bed I'd like the screen rotated for comfort, my 2014 Macbook Air managed perfectly fine while running Sierra but my new 2019 13" Pro spazzes out, giving me a black screen I can't undo without a hard reboot.

    I tried Display Rotation Menu - black screen. I tried CMD+Option+Display - black screen.

    Someone please say there's a way to do this, because for my daily use this is almost a downgrade.

    submitted by /u/Martyrizing
    [link] [comments]

    Mac booting issue

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm using MBA 2017 with latest Mojave, the issue I'm facing is that my mac boots really slow. SSD is about 70gb free and after entering user account password it takes more than 30-40 seconds, earlier it was used to be 4-5 seconds.

    submitted by /u/AaryanAggarwal
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble connecting to a Windows file share at work

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    To start with, I don't know much about the windows server, and the person who set it up no longer works here so I'm on my own. I'm running OSx 10.14.5.

    It worked for 2 years with little issue until a few weeks ago, and windows laptops at work still connect, but no macs, including a few older iMacs that used to connect as well. The annoying part is that it shows up as connected in my network tab, but after entering my user/password it just says "There was a problem connecting to the server. Check the server name or IP address and try again"

    I've tried a few things I've seen about changing things in terminal but nothings really worked so far. It's very irritating.

    submitted by /u/nuggiesmcgravy
    [link] [comments]

    What is the soft?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:34 PM PDT

    What is the soft?

    Hi All! What are the programms on screen?

    very very ty

    https://i.redd.it/9s2sx3au54c31.jpg

    submitted by /u/MACINTOSHIM
    [link] [comments]

    Question About New Symbol on Wi-Fi Bars in Catalina

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    Earlier today I accidentally connected to the wrong wi-fi network. I disconnected ASAP, but on the wifi bars in the top menu bar of my mac, there was briefly a new symbol that looked like a tv/or a computer screen. I've never seen this symbol before, even when connecting to mobile hotspots. Does anyone know what that symbol means? Thanks.


    [link] [comments]

    Downgrade & backup

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 04:17 AM PDT

    I have a mid 2012 mbp. Recently upgraded to Mojave without thinking why I stopped updating. Computer is now super slow. I would like to go back to el Capitan. I went into iCloud drive settings and selected the folders option and it started uploading all my files.

    Is iCloud enough for backing up before I install from usb?? Or should I make a physical copy. I am really paranoid I'll lose stuff still.

    When I install from usb will it keep all my stuff like a regular update or will it erase everything?

    submitted by /u/kljnkmdlly1
    [link] [comments]

    Ever notice how MacOS is faster in dark mode?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:22 PM PDT

    Setting up a new multi user Mac. I wanted to keep it vanilla, but I couldn't resist switching to dark mode like on my personal laptop. Some weird stigma that makes light mode feel outdated I guess.

    submitted by /u/maustinv
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel