• Breaking News

    Monday, July 22, 2019

    macOS Can I move LaunchPad icon next to Trash?

    macOS Can I move LaunchPad icon next to Trash?


    Can I move LaunchPad icon next to Trash?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    Will Little Snitch interfere my OSX El Capitan update process?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    I have installed Little Snitch 3.7.4 installed on my MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan (10.11.6).

    I planned to update the OS to the latest version. Will the Little Snitch interfere the update process? Should I disable it first? Will the Little Snitch still worked after the update? Thank you

    submitted by /u/Jay_East
    [link] [comments]

    Prohibitory Symbol Help, I Cannot Type In My Password

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 08:55 PM PDT

    I recently installed Mojave onto my MacBook Pro and keep getting that line through the circle symbol when I attempted to restart it. I'm holding command + R to go into recovery mode and attempting to reinstall the OS but I'm stuck at the part where it asks me for my password because well... it isn't letting me type in anything at all. My keyboard is working normally when I type in other information like my WiFi password etc but for some reason when it comes to passwords I get nothing. Please help is there something I'm missing?

    Apologies if I'm omitting any details I'm just so frustrated right now

    submitted by /u/pm_me_your_respect69
    [link] [comments]

    Middle keys on MacBook will not work.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    Suddenly the whole middle row of keys from A to L will not work. Anyone know what the issue may be and how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Augustus1274
    [link] [comments]

    Search in Outlook on MacOS Mojave doesnt work.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    I went searching online and tried all the fixes I found but nothing has seemed to resolve the issue. I even removed and reinstalled Outlook and nukes my Spotlight index entirely. Search still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

    Mojave : 10.14.6 Beta (18G78a)

    Outlook Version 16.27

    submitted by /u/nicholas_g
    [link] [comments]

    FileSharing not respecting permissions

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    I've got a Mac mini with an external drive that I'm using as a NAS server. There are three different folders I want to share.

    Folders: - NetworkShare - Backups - TimeMachine

    Users: - ServerAdmin - ServerUser

    I want NetworkShare and Backups to be accessible from both accounts, but TimeMachine to be for ServerAdmin only.

    They've all been set to be shared, but the problem is that TimeMachine is accessible from the ServerUser account even though it's been set not to. ServerAdmin is set to RW and Everyone is set to No Access, nothing else is in the list.

    I've restarted the Mini and the computer I'm accessing it from and tried from another computer. Don't know what I'm missing here or if it's a bug, shouldn't be this hard...

    submitted by /u/Xalactic
    [link] [comments]

    iMessages suddenly sending from email address rather than phone number?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    My girlfriend and I are both in the Apple ecosystem: not just phones, but our computers and tablets as well. We use iMessage a lot on all of our devices to communicate, but recently my messages have been sending through my email address instead of my phone number. That's not a big problem for me, but it means that our conversations have been acting strangely (sometimes it shows all of our texts, sometimes it just shows new ones). Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Partsofspeech87
    [link] [comments]

    How to make bash tab auto-completion for directories case-insensitive?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    I found an answer here

    https://superuser.com/questions/90196/case-insensitive-tab-completion-in-bash

    Telling me to add the line set completion-ignore-case on to my .inputrc or etc/inputrc files, problem is. I don't have a file named .inputrc on my macOS at all in the home directory, I can't even find it if I ls -a the home directory. Where am I supposed to enter that line on Mojave OS?

    submitted by /u/ED9898A
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make mac keyboard shortcuts behave more like Windows or Gnome?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 05:38 PM PDT

    Title says it all. I am constantly switching between a laptop running Windows 10, a desktop running Mojave, and another desktop running Ubuntu with Gnome. The little keyboard shortcuts like deleting files with the delete key on the keyboard, escaping a weird prompt window with the escape key, showing the desktop with "Windows D", ... I'm used to all those things. On Mac they are either very different or they don't exist. How do I make them like Windows?

    Mind you, there are mac shortcuts that don't easily exist in Windows or Gnome too. My favorite shortcuts on Mac are for screenshots. The Windows and Gnome versions just aren't as good.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/NormalCriticism
    [link] [comments]

    Srt to idx/sub

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 08:22 AM PDT

    Do you know any MacOs app for converting srt to idx/sub format ? Something like AVIAddXSubs on windows.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mathewgx
    [link] [comments]

    1Blocker X for macOS?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    Hello 👋

    Do you guys know whether it will be available for macOS or not?

    If yes, then when approximately?

    Kind regards,

    Jerome

    submitted by /u/Sematisius
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel