• Breaking News

    Friday, July 26, 2019

    macOS App Store appears blank after updating to MacOS 10.14.6. Anyone else face this issue or have a solution to this?

    macOS App Store appears blank after updating to MacOS 10.14.6. Anyone else face this issue or have a solution to this?


    App Store appears blank after updating to MacOS 10.14.6. Anyone else face this issue or have a solution to this?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    Filevault 2 - one logon to decrypt disk for everyone.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:08 AM PDT

    I have an encrypted Filevault 2 volume which functions as the boot disk. Apple has attempted to streamline the FV2 decrypt/login process by implementing a "faux user login" screen which triggers the disk decryption [skipping the regular user login screen]and then logging the user into their desktop. The users that appear on the "faux login screen" can be controlled by the terminal command fdesetup and users who shouldn't be allowed to decrypt the FV2 can be removed.

    My wife uses a weak password for the computer so I am not keen on using that password to decrypt the FV2 volume so I have removed her from the list of passwords that can decrypt the FV2 volume. Whilst I can give her my password to decrypt the volume, it compromises my account! I am thus looking for a way so that there is only one password to decrypt the FV2 and bring me to the regular user logon screen.

    submitted by /u/lewildbeast
    [link] [comments]

    Battery drain on Macbook Pro 13" early 2015 - Mac OS 10.14.6

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:00 AM PDT

    Battery drain on Macbook Pro 13" early 2015 - Mac OS 10.14.6

    I didn't use my Macbook for whole night, and I'd closed the lid at night, but it keep draining my battery at night.
    Is there any issues about this, and how to fix it? Thank you.

    https://i.redd.it/jq7iaql1jlc31.png

    submitted by /u/Zuryquoc
    [link] [comments]

    Choppy animation when switching between full screen applications in macOS Mojave 10.14.6

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 10:55 PM PDT

    I updated both of my Macs, a 2015 4K iMac and a 2018 Retina MacBook Air from Mojave 10.14.5 to 10.14.6 and I'm noticing that the animation when you switch between full screen apps is noticeably choppier. I have my Dock hidden, and the animation can stutter when it reveals itself.

    Anyone experiencing similar issues? Re-imaged my drives, and no dice.

    submitted by /u/Aki-Baidya
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make mouse scaling not identical per resolution, for different resolution monitors?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 10:40 PM PDT

    1080p monitor with 4k tv: For example, when I go top to bottom on a 1080p monitor, i want the same mouse distance for my 4k tv. Obviously a 4k tv is 4x the resolution, so moving the mouse top to bottom on a 1080p, moves only half way on a 4k, when i want it to go all the way. Hope I explained it right. I couldn't find anything about this without a flood of changing resolution articles.

    submitted by /u/xpercipio
    [link] [comments]

    Needing help

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 10:07 PM PDT

    Do any of you lovely Mac lovers have an extra newish MacBook Pro that is no longer working, that they would not mind giving me. I am trying to get ready for going back to college. I am 22 tried it once, failed and stopped trying. Wanna go back but love the Mac for school work. It would help me so much get ready and I would forever be in your debt.

    submitted by /u/cale1023
    [link] [comments]

    Restoring 2014 Mac Book Pro

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    I recently received a Mac Book Pro from friend that was not working. The system boots to the login screen that says [Update] and upon updating, I get the crossed circle that means "Mac couldn't find a valid System Folder to start up from ."

    I ran the Command + R on restart to run the recovery window, and was not able to either reinstall macOS or restore from the backup machine. The system currently has High Sierra. Would I be able to boot the system from a macOS on a flash drive to reinstall either Sierra or a current OS?

    I believe the current OS is corrupted and will need to be deleted from the Hard Drive.

    I am not able to find Sierra online so any links would help. All I see is Lion, mountain Lion, etc. and I do not know the differences.

    submitted by /u/OTM-Options
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a MacOS-Windows file transfer client

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    Hey. I bought a 2018 MBP last week and it works like a charm. I love everything about it and I want to use my old pc as a storage device. Im using it for gaming so making hard drives external drive with some dongle or something is not an option. That leaves me to use network. I've tried setting Filezilla server on my pc but I eventually failed and even if I succeed the interface was so ugly. I want something simple and beautiful. Opensource or free preferred but paid would be OK too. I just want to send files directly from my pc to mac and vice versa. No cloud storage or something. It would be great if there is an app that does that single thing. Dropshare was the closest thing to what I want but it only works with cloud. I want everything off-internet so I can use my routers file transfer speed benefits.

    So if you guys know something close to what I want please share it. Thanks

    submitted by /u/xmrhkn
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS external 4k displays that support scaling options.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if there is a list out there or an easy way to tell if a 4k display will support scaling on macos.

    Not just changing the resolution but actual scaling. Like this https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/compatibility/dpi_scaling_settings_mac_os_x/image01.jpg

    submitted by /u/dragonbone81
    [link] [comments]

    Open app windows won't come to the front when I click them on the launch bar

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:08 AM PDT

    Already open apps windows (very often mac mail) won't come to the front when I click them on the dock to bring it up. I have to three finger swipe down to be able to find them and bring them to the front. Any idea why this is? Very annoying

    I am running mac book pro latest os

    submitted by /u/otmaxo
    [link] [comments]

    Second Macintosh HD desktop shortcut, how to remove?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    Quicklook cache taking up almost 80gb of storage?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    Quicklook cache taking up almost 80gb of storage?

    Hey all,

    My mac was running out of storage space so i decided to investigate and check out what could be taking up so much space. Thats when I came across my quicklook thumbnail cache folder which is taking up almost 80gb of space. More specifically, the file "index.sqlite-wal" is the largest file by far. I could not find any useful information online for this problem. All I found was clearing cache tutorials which would clear the index.sqlite file and not the one I am looking for. I am skeptical to delete the file just because its a system file and I don't want my Mac messing up lol. I will attach a screenshot of the folder below:

    https://i.redd.it/pjlndshqtic31.png

    Thanks!

    EDIT: I am on the OSX Catalina beta if that helps!

    submitted by /u/kraj011
    [link] [comments]

    Broken Clips

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I recently did an upgrade on my SSD and noticed that the clips that hold the lower case together in the middle of the laptop body is broken and 1 is missing. Does anyone know where I can purchase them again? I have tried to search this subreddit if anyone else was in the same predicament but nothing popped up and google didn't yield any good searches either.

    submitted by /u/Klodjan91
    [link] [comments]

    Preview search function not working

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 03:37 AM PDT

    Has anyone else been having this issue?

    I'm currently on the catalina beta and when I search a pdf document for something in preview it will find the search term in the document but will not highlight it and will play the error tone. This is extremely frustrating! Does anyone have any advice or experienced anything similar?

    submitted by /u/thomasburton98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel