• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    macOS 2018 Macbook Pros running Mojave (and above) are UNABLE to change MAC Address

    macOS 2018 Macbook Pros running Mojave (and above) are UNABLE to change MAC Address


    2018 Macbook Pros running Mojave (and above) are UNABLE to change MAC Address

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    Posting this to help out anyone who tries in vain to search for it as I did.

    Apple have removed whatever kext or config file that allowed us to use `ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx` to spoof our MAC addresses. This is a strange change, as Windows recently introduced the ability to randomise MAC addresses whenever you connect to a WiFi network. Hopefully Apple changes this behaviour in a future release.

    You can test it yourself by running the following commands.

    #!/bin/bash MAC=$(openssl rand -hex 6) echo "Setting address to $MAC..." /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Resources/airport -z ifconfig en0 ether $MAC networksetup -detectnewhardware ifconfig en0 ether 

    The output from the final line will show the MAC address you originally had. The issue is covered at length here: https://github.com/feross/SpoofMAC/issues/87

    submitted by /u/stewartmcgown
    [link] [comments]

    Display issues – it happened on the right side first and 30 min later with the left side. Any help/guidance with this would be appreciated

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:51 PM PDT

    Anyone see this error? Randomly I get it on EVERY app requiring a restart. It’s legit, EVERY app.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    Catalina: Can we drag videos and music from a folder onto our iPods and iPhones?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    On Mojave, I have to add music first to iTunes, then drag it to my iPod; my iPhone won't take music that way because it's got the iCloud Music option on. If iTunes is gone in Catalina, how can I drag more music from a folder on my SSD onto my iPhone or iPod? Can it be done directly? At all? What about videos?

    I have a ton of music and videos that I haven't put into iTunes on my latest MacBook because iTunes sucks. Also, I'd really like to eventually just have the media on my iPod and iPhone and NOT on my Mac.

    submitted by /u/melbigsonasthebeaver
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine Encryption

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    I use a usb WDC Element for Time Machine.

    I use the option of encryption from Time Machine.

    For a while now it doesn't recognize the password.

    I had it once previously. I reboot the MBP and it was fine. Now nothing is working.

    I tried with different Mac but nothing is working.

    The disk is fine as I did a repair without any problem and the second partition is fine as well.

    Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/Torr200
    [link] [comments]

    Hyperdock 1.8.0.1 crashes in Mac OS Mojave

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:44 AM PDT

    Hi guys! I am running Hyperdock in Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 and it crashes when I try to launch Hyperdock.prefpane from System Preferences. It displays this

    System Preferences quit unexpectedly while using the libConfigurer64.1.dylib plug-in.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/nischalstha07
    [link] [comments]

    Wrong Free Space

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:01 AM PDT

    MACOS 10.14.5

    I needed to use a MBP for I will and didn't touch the iMac for 3 months.

    When I came back and wanted to copy my stuff to the iMac I kept getting error message a the lack of free space.

    This was wrong but I deleted a folder of 100GB to make some room.

    Didn't help. Still getting the error message and could copy anything.

    So I used Onyx to do some cleanup and reset Spotlight.

    Didn't help.

    I added the HD to the privacy tab in Spotlight and removed it.

    Next day still the same thing so I end up in reinstalling the whole thing.

    How could I have done better ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Torr200
    [link] [comments]

    Making a bootable usb of Catalina, on a mac running Catalina....

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:48 AM PDT

    Hey all, I'm trying to make a Bootable usb (as the title says) because I'm about to do the ultimate macbook pro mid 2012 upgrade. All guides and videos ion making the usb seem to assume you're not currently running Catalina and uses the download you get from the apple public beta page. My issue is redownloading Catalina, I cant seem to find any links buried on the page, nor a trust worthy direct download or torrent link. Has anyone else had this issue?

    TL;DR

    Macbook pro mid 2012 already running Catalina public beta cant find install files of macOS to make a bootable USB

    submitted by /u/ZengaChristopher
    [link] [comments]

    Safari crash

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:35 AM PDT

    MACOS 10.14.5 - SAFARI 13.0 (beta) - SAFARI PREVIEW TECHNOLOGY 13.0 - Release 86

    Hello,

    I add to reinstall my iMac and since Safari keeps crashing on me.

    I cleaned all the cash, repair the disk from the Recovery, used different version of Safari, still the crashes.

    All the Safari version are the same. I even applied the combo.

    I of course would like to avoid to reinstall everything. Any ideas ?

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/Torr200
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Catalina: Why 2 HD - Data?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    Catalina Public Beta 2 Available Now!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    I am downloading it as i write this post! About to restart and install in a min.

    submitted by /u/MaximusDynasty
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 10:29 PM PDT

    Hi! I urgently need some help- my Apple Mojave DVD got lost during my apartment moving and I'd like to ask if someone could make me either an image file I could download or burn me a copy and send it to me (OSX Mojave (German) - I urgently need to wipe my HD and reinstall the OS! Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/phoen1carus
    [link] [comments]

    Recents folder always empty, even after deleting user. Any tips?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 10:57 AM PDT

    Will iTunes.app run on Catalina?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Title sums it up, but basically I love using Sizzling Keys to rate my music as I'm listening and Dougs Scripts for keeping my library exactly how I want it. With the separation of music from the other sections and the name change i'm worried i'll lose this functionality... So, could I simply copy iTunes.app to an external drive, upgrade, then copy the application back in to my default applications folder and run it? Anyone running the beta willing to try? I've already updated my iPad to iPados and now can't sync it with the old my current Mojave iTunes so if I want that i'll have to upgrade but don't want to loose being able to use Sizzling Keys or DougsScripts. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/wbiscuit
    [link] [comments]

    Auto brightness issue. Going overboard with direct sunlight.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    Can I Apply An Application Setting For All Users?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Hi /r/MacOS!

    Quick background. I work in a video post-production house and I recently was tasked with installing Macs Fan Control on all the Mac Pro workstations with D700 GPUs to ramp up the fans faster, as they're prone to heating up and causing artifacts in exports. This solution seems to work great. Only problem is, when I install Macs Fan Control and set it to start up on boot with a specific fan curve, it only applies that setting to the user I'm logged in as (the admin account, in this case). The app is available to all users, but the settings and start-on-boot seem to be per user.

    What would be the best way to apply this to all users that log in to this machine?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AnimZero
    [link] [comments]

    How restoring with Time Machine actually works?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:42 AM PDT

    Hi, I have a MBP Mid-2012 with an SSD running Mojave formatted as macOS Extended Journaled and I'm thinking about formatting the drive to new APFS file format to improve performance. I have a Time Machine back up but never had to restore it, so I don't actually know how the system is going to be like once recovered.

    1. Is it an exact mirror image of how things were?
    2. Do you need to install everything again? If so, do you need to reconfigure every single app and their settings?
    3. Is all data like documents, music, images, etc going to be in the exact same place it was before?

    These are some of my main questions but please feel free to elaborate on the other points if you would like. Thank you very much in advance.

    submitted by /u/ElVortexEUW
    [link] [comments]

    Steam on reddit displays unique scrollbars on safari, any other websites (subreddits or otherwise) you have found that also gets unique bars?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    I have no space left in my storage and I don't know what is taking up all of it.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:07 AM PDT

    Every time I check my storage, it goes down at a consistent rate until I am left with no storage at all. I have deleted apps repeatedly to fix the problem, but now when I went to look to see what is taking up all the storage, my "other" tab is taking up 400 GB. I have no clue what could possibly be taking up that much space. I used a virus scanner and found several on my computer, which I then got rid of, but the problem is still there. My storage continues to go down and my "other" tab is full of data that I don't know of. How can I fix this? Is there anyway to see what is taking up so much space?

    submitted by /u/bushdiid911
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave on 2011 27" with GTX 680M?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    So i have posted here before asking about if its possible to get Mojave on a 2011 27" IMac. The awnser i got was yes, but it wont work well due to the outdated 6970M 2GB that doenst support the new Metal API that Mojave requires. Im thinking of getting a GTX 680M (MXM 3.0 B) on the cheap. Would it work if i put this in there? We dont actually know where that 680 came from so idk if there are firmware issues with the dosdude method. Is there anyone that could tell me about this?

    Thanks in advance,

    submitted by /u/ThomasHeart
    [link] [comments]

    How to backup for a fresh install?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:42 AM PDT

    Hello, recently i upgraded to an ssd and i cloned my old hdd with an app called super duper. However i dont see any performance gains from it and i want to clean install mojave. All those years if i wanted to backup a windows pc, i would drag and drop the folders i wanted. Can i do this on a mac? Also, can i save my application folder like this? Also, will i see better performance with APFS? Because if so i need the patched EFI and it doesnt look clean and adds up time.

    submitted by /u/Jhin4Tonic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel