• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 03]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 03]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 03]

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [The /r/Apple Show Podcast] 038 Consider Yourself Educated

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:41 AM PDT

    A chart showing iOS compatibility among all iPhones

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    Stock apps load stupidly fast on iOS 13 beta 3.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    Man buried in rubble in home explosion calls authorities with his Apple Watch.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    Kuo: Apple to include new scissor switch keyboard in 2019 MacBook Air and 2020 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    How Big is Apple? This Visualization Puts Things Into Perspective

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:27 PM PDT

    New ‘Drift’ screensaver in Catalina Beta 3

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    App Store generated 80% more revenue than Google Play with a third as many installs

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    App revenue tops $39 billion in first half of 2019, up 15% from first half of last year

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:24 AM PDT

    Apple Releases Second Public Beta of macOS Catalina to Public Beta Testers

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    John Gruber + Rene Richie video on Jony Ive’s departure

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    One of the best updates with iOS 13 - swipe to search is faster

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    I haven't seen it mentioned at all on Reddit, but on my iPhone X, I use the swipe from home screen to search for my apps almost all the time. Before iOS 13 there was always a lag with the search, like when you're about to click on an app icon, two more additional search results appear and you end up clicking on that instead of the app you wanted.

    But with iOS 13 that problem seems to be gone. I don't know why to me this is one of the features I'm most happy about.

    submitted by /u/Nigo__ET
    [link] [comments]

    Google Project Zero reveals bad iMessages could have bricked your iPhone | ZDNet

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    Eardrums destroyed by emergency alert on AirPods

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    I just experienced my first case of an emergency weather alert while wearing my AirPods - the alert sound comes through the headphones MUCH louder than I would have guessed the maximum possible volume to be, regardless of what volume level you have them set to.

    Why would they even make the AirPods capable of outputting such an ear-damaging volume, let alone force emergency alerts to be played that loud?

    submitted by /u/de_longpre
    [link] [comments]

    Can we expect support for 3D photos on camera roll next major iOS update, or is there something making them impractical?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is dumb!

    I know that these photos aren't truly 3D per se but rather using portrait mode. The app I use saves a copy in portrait mode which is nice. However it'd be great if I could integrate them into my photo library without having to convert them to wiggling GIFs.

    It seems odd to me that Facebook supports 3D photos as do some third party apps, but the camera roll doesn't.

    Is there a technological reason for this? Will it be rendered irrelevant by future generations of iPhone having true 3D? Or has it just not been done yet? I also know Apple can be philosophically opposed to some stuff too.

    submitted by /u/Pulmonic
    [link] [comments]

    Why are some Safari URLs green?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:56 AM PDT

    I just realized that some URLs are green in Safari. At first I thought it's simply because of https, but only 2 sites seem to have green URL:

    https://apple.com

    https://cia.gov

    None of the other sites I tried since discovering this 5 minutes ago had this feature: Google, FBI, White House, Facebook. I also tried this on my MacBook and there, Apple and CIA sites have their full titles in green next to the URL, and all these other sites just have the usual lock icon. How come that only some sites have it?

    submitted by /u/martinator001
    [link] [comments]

    Better look of the iOS music elements - Suggestions for Apple

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:00 AM PDT

    iPhone 7 died in the washing machine, but the AirPods are alive and well.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    I just moved two weeks ago and have been struggling to adjust to my new settings. One night around midnight I found bugs crawling all over my bed sheets. Completely disgusted, I ripped all of my sheets off of the bed and threw them in the washing machine. I set the machine for 45 minutes and walked to my bedroom on the other side of the house.

    As the title implies, I came back 44 minutes later to loud banging in the washing machine and discovered that I had left my iPhone 7 and AirPods in the sheets when I hurriedly stuffed them in. I rapidly turned the machine off and grabbed my phone and AirPods, put them in Ziploc bags full of rice, and waited. One week out and my phone is completely gone. No signs of life. My AirPods, however, are in the exact same condition they were in before being washed. 0 problems connecting to my other devices. The only signs of their watery trip may be a slight change in sound quality and the complete removal of earwax from the Pods themselves.

    I'm extremely disappointed that I didn't check my sheets and am now stuck without a new phone until Friday, but I'm also extremely pleased to still be using my AirPods with my iPad. Moral of the story: check your sheets for all devices before throwing in them in the washing machine.

    submitted by /u/braynsy15
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel