• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 28, 2019

    iPhoneX Hey Siri FaceTime

    iPhoneX Hey Siri FaceTime


    Hey Siri FaceTime

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 10:21 AM PDT

    I use Hey Siri a lot but recently when I ask Siri to FaceTime someone instead of FaceTiming then she searches it on safari anyone know a fix

    submitted by /u/KraftyyClifford
    [link] [comments]

    Repairing Iphone X myself -- need help

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    A couple of months ago I "somehow" shattered the back glass on my X. It was in a case and everything and I do not recall ever dropping it. It just one day stopped connecting to wifi and data; when I removed the case, the back glass was shattered. I've taken it to Apple and a repair shop and they believe either the motherboard is damaged or the antenna is disconnected/damaged. The rest of the phone works just fine just can't use it because it won't connect to wifi/data. Apple and the repair shop both said I should just buy a new one. But, I really don't want to drop $600 on a used one if I can at least try to fix it myself.

    So, my questions are as follows if anyone can help me:

    1.) I've searched fixez.com for parts but if anyone has another place they check, please let me know.

    2.) What parts do I need? Obviously I need a motherboard, an antenna and the backglass, is there anything else I need? Including tools...

    3.) Am I getting in way over my head? Is this an achievable goal?

    4.) The guy at the repair shop said that if I wanted to replace the back glass, I would have to replace the entire frame and disconnect and remove all of the components inside the phone; is this true?

    5.) My carrier is T-Mobile, does that matter when ordering parts?

    6.) When I open up the phone, is there a way to tell if the motherboard or antenna is damaged by looking at them? Can I test them somehow prior to removing them and replacing them both?

    Thank you in advance to anyone that replies. Also, if you would like to link videos that have helped you, I would be greatly appreciative.

    submitted by /u/matttheepoxyguy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel