• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 28, 2019

    Apple Help What is the best tape for this situation?

    Apple Help What is the best tape for this situation?


    What is the best tape for this situation?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:03 AM PDT

    My iPad Pro 10.5 has this problem all the time and it’s not just on the booting screen. It freezes then the lines show up

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    MacBook problem, the screen keeps freezing and stops working and it will also make a beeping noise. With 3 repeats and then wait 5 seconds and start again. Any idea how to fix?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:43 PM PDT

    What is this weird target icon w. numbers popped up when I took my ‘10 MBP out of sleep mode?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 10:02 PM PDT

    Pending Purchases

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    So, I bought three albums. I was able to listen to the albums, however, I realized I didn't like one of them and went to refund it. It said it was pending. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

    EDIT: I deleted the albums to see if it would help but it didn't and now I have another problem...

    submitted by /u/1CEYBO1
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a single Thunderbolt 3 port dongle to provide power to MBP15 and run an external display?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    I don't know the technical limitations, but I currently have too many things connected to the MBP which I am unplugging frequently.

    submitted by /u/WHYWOULDYOUEVENARGUE
    [link] [comments]

    Tools for taking apart a mid 2013 MacBook Pro 13"?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:50 PM PDT

    I have a mid 2013 MacBook Pro 13" with retina display.

    It no longer starts up - when powered on, the fans start up on high and never spin down and nothing else happens - no boot screen, etc.

    I want to remove the SSD from it and send it out for destruction so I can sell the rest of the laptop for parts.

    1. What tools should I buy to do this?

    2. Is it worth it to list it on ebay or otherwise sell it for parts? Is there a market for it?

    submitted by /u/fire_breathing_bear
    [link] [comments]

    Reset my Apple ID

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 08:28 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I am facing a strange situation. The Apple ID that we uses in our team is locked and one of our workers used a phone number no one knows. Any ideas how to reset/unlock?

    I have the access to the e-mail used for that account and no other information.

    submitted by /u/Bilguuntogs
    [link] [comments]

    HDD crashed and now it won't let me install to a new SSD.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    Just recently, my girlfriend's MacBook does on her. This is the second time it failed and before I was able to save the hard drive since it was just corrupt. It has been running slow lately so I figured this would be a good time to update to an SSD. She bought the 500gb 860 EVO. when I first installed if and booted to internet recovery. I saw the hard drive in disk utility but wasn't able to erase it to initialize it. I then reset the PRAM as I saw that helped in some cases online. After I did that, now I can no longer see the drive in disk utility.

    Now I am trying to install high Sierra to a USB drive to try further problem solving within the OS. I reformatted the USB drive but when I try to install the OS I get the error that I can't install to this volume because the computer is missing a firmware partition.

    I am now stuck and don't know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/imp3r10
    [link] [comments]

    What is this?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    So my late 2012 MacBook has went on the fritz. Trying to narrow down if the culprit is either the cable or the fried hardrive.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    Symptoms: Start up shows folder with question mark

    Hard Drive is not showing up when I pull up Disk Utility

    That's as far as I can go as for diagnostic. Is there anyway to figure out wether it is the hard drive I need to replace or just the cable.

    submitted by /u/Alphonse__Elric
    [link] [comments]

    my new iPad mini 5 won't charge?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I literally just purchased iPad mini 5, and notice something weird. It's about the battery percentage. When I charge it, it shows the bolt icon, indicating it's charging except the number does not increase. Then I just leave it like that, restart the device and confirm now the battery percentage is higher than before, which means it has been charged.

    Which is so confusing to me. I have been using Apple products for years, but first time noticing this.

    Should I hit Apple store again to see if this is an issue?

    submitted by /u/heliotherapyy
    [link] [comments]

    Help! I can't save new bookmarks to the bookmarks folder after I created a new folder called Junk

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:52 PM PDT

    How can I easily turn the iMac display off while keeping the Mac running?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:39 PM PDT

    If I want to put the iMac display to sleep but keep the Mac hardware running there are currently 2 options.

    I can either press Shift + Control + Eject which is hard to remember and inconvenient. Or I can set up a hot corner which I keep activating by accident all the time. As far as I know those are the only 2 ways, and neither option is good IMO.

    Why can't I just press the Eject button to turn off the display? Since the iMac doesn't have a CD drive, that button isn't being used for anything else. Shift + Control + Eject is too complicated. Just Eject would be much simpler.

    Or why can't I just set the power button to turn off the display? Like a quick press turns off the display, then a long press turns off the computer.

    There needs to be an easier option.

    For the past few years I've been using an app called SleepDisplay which all it does is put the display to sleep when clicked. So I just keep it in the dock and press that whenever I need to put display to sleep. But that app is 32bit and macOS Catalina is going to kill 32bit apps, so I'm guess it won't work soon. Do any of you know of a 64bit alternative to SleepDisplay? Or a way I can upgrade it to 64bit? I tried contacting the developers, but they don't respond and seem to have abandoned it.

    submitted by /u/PittsburghJon
    [link] [comments]

    okay so i have an iphone X, and at random times the screen would be unresponsive to my swiping and pressing, and i would have to turn off my phone so it can respond again. I have the iOS 13 beta update but i don’t know if that’s the reason. Can anyone help on this?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Maximize longevity of my 2014 macbook pro

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 06:10 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I have a 2014 Macbook Pro which I purchased in 2014, and for the most part it still works great. The only two issues I have are (1) the greatly diminished battery life and (2) it gets hot quickly, so the fan seems to be working overtime now. Both issues have been noticeable worst over the last couple months.

    I would like for it to last me at least a couple more years if possible, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to maximize its longevity. I see I can get a battery replacement. Do you all have other suggestions?

    Thanks so much

    submitted by /u/taleoftooshitty
    [link] [comments]

    Mac computer display error, any tips? Whenever I boot it up I’m met with this.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 02:56 AM PDT

    iTunes store and app store open as blank, automatic time zone doesn't set.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    edit to add: I may have had a solution; this afternoon I went on my laptop and iTunes was saying an update was available, so I did it with my iPod plugged in; afterwards I checked my ipod and the timezone was set!...and then because I'm an idiot bitch, I turned my ipod off and turned it back on, and now I'm back to square one : upside down smile emoji:

    Original Post: iPod touch gen 4 32GB, iOS 6.1.6 in fair condition. I have already:

    •restarted the apps

    •shut down and restarted the iPod itself

    •force rebooted the iPod

    •signed out and back in to my Apple ID

    •reset my network settings

    •factory reset my device (my iPod has done this before about a month ago and doing a factory reset made it work that time)

    •went into airplane mode and back out

    •set the date a year forward/back

    •made sure location services was on

    •turned my WiFi off and back on

    •switched languages, and finally

    •called apple support. (They blew me off since it's an "old" device.)

    submitted by /u/AvengeThe90s
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 10.3.4 has seemed to have killed my iPhone 5 16GB

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 5 16gb that I have been using as a media device for music at work. I went to update from 10.3.3 to the 10.3.4 that they released to fix GPS stuff. It failed while updating, put me to the connect to iTunes screen. Now when I try to do it through iTunes it gets over half done on the iPhone screen, and then gives me an iTunes error (-1) and fails. I am on the latest iTunes software, I have restarted my computer, rebooted the phone, tried to have it in DFU mode as well.

    No luck so far, has anyone else had this problem as well?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Reddie1337
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi not working on MBP 2011

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:12 PM PDT

    So recently my MBP has been acting up. After like 1 minutes of using my laptop the WiFi will die out. Chrome won't work or anything. When I hover over the WiFi, no networks show. I click turn off but won't let me turn back on. Any help? Thank you

    submitted by /u/Rickytiger97
    [link] [comments]

    Can I download shows onto my iPhone?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 05:00 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I have a 12 hour flight tomorrow and I'd like to download a few episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. I know it's on Netflix but I'm interested in watching with the original voice actors.

    So my questions is as follows: is there an app I can get to download shows? Or a website I can go to?

    submitted by /u/snipey_bananas
    [link] [comments]

    will i have to still worry about my app downloads auto-downloading to my moms iphone after logging out of her account?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    alright, so, up until literally today i still was logged into my moms apple account for app store purchases. her phone has auto-download on for apps, so whenever i download an app, it would also download on her phone. however, since i now want to download apps that i'd be pretty mortified for my mom to find on her phone, i logged out of her account for the app store and itunes on my phone and into my personal account—should i be safe to now download apps and not have them pop up on my moms phone?

    submitted by /u/arowanan
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X vs iPhone XS Cellular Connectivity

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    I have a friend that is going to be purchasing a new iPhone in August. She is a non-tech person and doesn't care about iPhone 11. She just wants a new one because her iPhone 6s plus is about to go out on her. She purchased it in 2015 so she got her moneys worth out of it. She manly texts, emails, surfs the web, and takes pictures. She is often on the go so having a strong cellular connection is important for her

    I know that the modem is Intel on the xs and that the antenna bands were redesigned. There were some issues with cellular connectivity earlier in the year with the XS. How is that working out now? Does anyone have any issues with it still?

    I was thinking that she should get an iPhone X b/c she could get a certified referbished one from Apple, get a more reliable cellular connection, get AppleCare+ and still save some money. She wouldn't notice a difference between the X and XS. How is the cellular connectivity on the iPhone X? Are the antenna bands located in the same place as the XS or are they placed in the original location, like where the 6s bands are placed? Can anyone speak to connectivity of iPhone X Vs iPhone XS?

    Thanks for your help. I have a 6s plus as well but I plan on upgrading in 2020.

    submitted by /u/PositiveJudgment1996
    [link] [comments]

    Need help determining how much to sell 2015 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 03:41 PM PDT

    Before I say anything else, I have looked on eBay but there is a lot of variance in pricing. Anyway, the specifics: MacBook Pro, Early 2015, 13inch, Retina, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 8gm memory, Upgraded to 256gb Storage. There are no issues with the hardware, it has always been in a case and is very clean. Also, have original box as well as the charger and an Incase soft case for it. Any help would be very appreciated!

    submitted by /u/shann0n420
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2013 MacBook Air either freezes or spinning wheel until reboot

    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    My Air is on Mojave 10.14.5 and this happened July 5. I was transferring GoPro footage onto my laptop from a microsd card and moving some pictures onto a USB at the same time.

    Whenever I try to start my laptop it either ends up completely freezing or I get a spinning wheel of death (SWoD). 1-Freezes with the mouse in the top left corner during the login screen, right after a restart (not able to do anything at all). 2-SWoD after I click my profile to log into (unable to log in). 3-It freezes or SWoD after about a minute of use

    I removed my 12+16 pin SSD and tried it into a similar MacBook Air and I got the same results.

    I also purchased a device that lets me plug my SSD into my Windows 10 computer through m.2 and it says I have a locked disk but I don't know if that ya anything to do with the crashes.

    Is there anyway to save my SSD and it's contents or is formatting the only solution.

    Edit for formatting (on mobile)

    submitted by /u/ItsMeBMo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel