• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 2, 2019

    iPhone Weekly Tech Support Thread - [July 02]

    iPhone Weekly Tech Support Thread - [July 02]


    Weekly Tech Support Thread - [July 02]

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New App Discovery Thread for July 02, 2019

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    Welcome to our weekly stickied App thread! This is a new idea so please feel free to offer your feedback about this thread or the subreddit in general in the comments. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit please contact the moderators directly.

    This thread is intended to help members of the /r/iphone community get informed about new apps that are out there. App developers may also use this thread to make users aware that their new app exists.

    Please sort comments by 'new' to find questions/information that would otherwise be buried.

    In this thread you can ask any iOS app related question that you may have. Anyone may offer advice on any issue.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Fun fact - if you downgrade an Activation Locked iPhone 4S to iOS 6 (before it was even introduced), it'd still be locked!

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:27 AM PDT

    Gen Z says everyone has an iPhone these days — and if they don’t, they get left out of group chats

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    Found this old treasure and booted it up. I forgot how small this phone was!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:29 PM PDT

    Found this cutie of a case. In love.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:25 AM PDT

    iPhone 8plus storage almost full with 16.69 gb used for “other” any help?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:59 PM PDT

    The new scroll option in iOS13 is a godsend

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:19 AM PDT

    6s worth it in 2019 or save more and get a 7?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:06 AM PDT

    Is this a YouTube bug or a iPhone bug. Someone tell me please

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:37 AM PDT

    Homepod any good?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:37 AM PDT

    I adore the look and design and I use Apple Music. My only concern is the mic. On my iPhone I really have to speak up "HEY SIRI". Is it the same like this on the Homepod? Or can you just casually say "Hey Siri"?

    submitted by /u/DonniYH
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 8 Plus hot home button

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:24 AM PDT

    My Iphone 8 Plus can get hot sometimes (outside is hot af so it's nothing unusual) but it's mostly noticable at the home button area.

    Anybody else with same issue?

    submitted by /u/exampLeN1
    [link] [comments]

    Why has my iPhone X alarm stopped working and my music volume decreased by 25-50%?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:21 AM PDT

    Out of nowhere, my ringer volume stopped working in conjunction with my alarm application. I've set test times and had my ringer on while having the volume to the max. The result: barely audible alarms that sometimes start out at the correct volume and then revert to barely discernable levels. Other times it just barely spits out anything.

    Today, I started noticing my Spotify app seemed to play audio at almost half of what it should have been playing. I cranked the volume almost all the way up and it played back what normally would have been about 60% of the way. I know it's not my headphones because I tested it with 3 other pairs.

    What could be going on? I just got this replaced under warranty for an unrelated issue, this phones only two months old...

    submitted by /u/nidenikolev
    [link] [comments]

    I love this little touch in iOS 13. It will similarly show the iPhone symbol if you’re using its speakers or a headphones symbol for wired headphones.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    Apple Reportedly Plans to Launch iPhone With Under-Display Fingerprint Sensor in China

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:24 AM PDT

    Why does my iPhone always dim in the sun?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Literally happening as I type this. It makes it harder to read when it's bright out. Can I turn this feature off?

    submitted by /u/SlugDeeBee
    [link] [comments]

    Cool music app that I found which works with your apple music library :) 14 day free trial and ₹249 there after. Give it a try. App: Power Player (Supports Handoff)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:12 AM PDT

    iPhone 8 64GB telling me my memory is full, unable to take pictures etc. But the storage isn’t even showing half, including ‘other’. Does anyone know why this is happening?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:10 PM PDT

    This is in 3 mins, does anyone know why mappings, time and location need data ? I only used whatsapp in that time .

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    I need help

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    My Iphones sound isn't working. I've tried restarting it and it isn't working.

    Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Strange-Something
    [link] [comments]

    If you have an iPhone 8 and you’re having issues look into this if you didn’t already know

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Question about iOS 13 public beta and controllers

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:26 AM PDT

    Is the DualShock 4 supported yet for Minecraft on the iOS 13 public beta?

    submitted by /u/Kman2097
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Plus charging issue

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:11 AM PDT

    My phone charges perfectly fine up to 100% but once it does it stops charging. This has been quite problematic for me as I put my phone on charge before I sleep and once I wake up, the battery has dropped down 20/30% .

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/jujudas1
    [link] [comments]

    Rebuilding my iPhone 7?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 09:07 AM PDT

    So I've had my iPhone 7 for more than 2 years now, and it's just kinda sucking. The battery doesn't last very long, my lightning port doesn't work a lot of the times and I always lose wifi, the list just goes on. I don't want to buy a new phone, I like this one and I don't have any problems with it, but I definitely need to fix it. I found ifixit.com and they seem pretty legit, you can buy all the parts and tools easy and they have good instructions. It seems like I can buy any part from there and replace it on my phone, so should I? I've never really done that kind of stuff before but it seems kinda easy with the instructions. Should I do it? Or is it going to fuck up my phone?

    submitted by /u/andrewmoo0006
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 keeps calling people while phone is locked.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    Twice in the last day. One random lady said she keeps getting calls from my number. I've heard of this happening but today it was someone in my contacts said I called several times. Call history shows no recents to them. Phone is always locked in my pocket. "Raise to wake" is off.

    submitted by /u/magnanimous-plmbr
    [link] [comments]

    Already reset network settings, am I out of WiFi forever?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel