• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 2, 2019

    Apple Watch Why not ? )))

    Apple Watch Why not ? )))


    Why not ? )))

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:33 PM PDT

    Loving my new Apple link bracelet.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    The difference in design between the Series 4 and Series 3 is underrated - and I’m not talking about the display

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/CJzZT6x.jpg

    This would've been a better post to make last September but whatever lol. Either way, I'm about to go all Jony Ive whether you care about design details or not.

    Yes, I'd agree that the change from a small rectangular screen to a rounded screen with smaller bezels is the best part of the design changes from series 3 to 4. But you probably already knew that from every single review.

    The most underrated change is the actual shape of the watch itself. If you know a lot about Apple design, you might know that almost all of Apple's rounded corners aren't the kind of rounded corners you'd expect. Everything from the corners of the MacBooks to even the corners of app icons aren't perfect rectangles with perfect circle corners. They're actually just giant ellipses.

    Why? Well that comes down to a hidden flaw in typical rounded rectangles. The transition between a flat edge and the start of a rounded rectangle's corner is actually harsh, because that's when the tangent line between the surface makes a drastic turn. This causes a visible line in products with a shiny finish.

    Apple uses a precise ellipse equation to create their "squircle". This article does a fantastic job visualizing and explaining it.

    The Apple Watch series 3 uses a squircle too, but those rounded corners were actually quite tiny. So much so, that the watch's body still looked like a normal rounded rectangle. If you look at a series 4 and 3 side by side (imgur link above), you can see it clearly. The series 4 has much more rounded corners despite only being a slightly larger body.

    This oh-so subtle change you might not have consciously noticed is - in my opinion - highly underrated. It makes the series 3 and older look way more rectangular that you might remember them being. The series 4 now looks more round, and it looks much more fluid when wearing sport bands.

    You can even tell that the glass is different too. The series 3's glass is harsh and sharp with light glare, while the series 4's glass adds the same smooth roundness that its body got.

    The shape of the series 3, when next to the series 4, is just kinda ugly. I never would've thought it was until Apple made these subtle changes. It just flows better into whatever band you're wearing.

    As for other small changes you might not have noticed, the crown actually got a little thinner and not as intrusive into the body, and the side button is now flush with the body. That latter part is quite nice both aesthetically and functionally - it makes it harder to accidentally press with your hand when it isn't protruding.

    Are any of these changes going to drastically persuade anyone between the 3 & 4 relative to the larger display and new features? Probably not. But are they worth all the attention Apple give when designing the series 4? Absolutely. It just goes to show how much Apple cares about good design.

    If it's a subtle change to make the product even slightly more visually appealing, Apple is going to make it.

    submitted by /u/nazenko
    [link] [comments]

    [Feature Idea] Option to change all watch face colors at the same time.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    I typically change my watch face color everyday to match my outfit, and i often switch between the half dozen or so faces I use throughout the day and it becomes tedious changing the color on every face individually. Would be nice to have a toggle in the settings to change all the colors at once, or toggle specific faces that change at the same time.

    submitted by /u/Joshsawr
    [link] [comments]

    Emergency bypass not coming through to the Apple Watch

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:13 AM PDT

    I have a series for Apple Watch. I currently have emergency bypass set for my family because I like to keep my phone on do not disturb. I am not getting any type of vibration or notification to my Apple Watch, even with emergency bypass activated. I do have the settings set to mirror my iPhone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/savvy85
    [link] [comments]

    Removal of scratches

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    So recently, I scratched the glass of the Apple Watch series 4. It's not major, the problem is that the scrapes are very noticeable. Is there a way to completely remove it? I don't trust any of the "toothbrush cutip" life hacks.

    submitted by /u/viralissecksy
    [link] [comments]

    Please help....New series 4....No mic for outgoing calls

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    My 5 day old series 4 ... Friends report that they cannot hear me when i make an outgoing call. No problem with the mic in any other situation. If I RECEIVE calls, I am heard fine. Siri works. (Though only be touching the crown. Lifting the hand has only worked once, i think.) I am assuming I have some setting wrong, searched and searched, cant find it. Iphone 6 and watch updated to latest version, Tried restarting both. Any suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/blotaglot
    [link] [comments]

    Compass watch face

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    I was wondering whether there are some watch faces with compass on it. Like real compass North, South, West, East. Do you know about something like that? It would be awesome if there was a feature like that...

    submitted by /u/iwiKehT
    [link] [comments]

    Apps for ambient temperature?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:04 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of any apps that can tell you the temperature in a room? The new decibel feature got me wondering about this; I think it would be a fun thing and potentially useful! If anyone knows of any, let me know please!

    submitted by /u/jstr36
    [link] [comments]

    are there any workout groups?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    I mean like challenge groups? i know that i would love to have a group of people with whom i can compete on workouts and such. i know its trivial but i think it would add a bit to the community.

    I know barely any people who own an apple watch here, and none of them are really active

    submitted by /u/BlackyUy
    [link] [comments]

    Getting my first apple watch, need suggestions for protective case or accessories to use in the gym

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:46 AM PDT

    I'm getting my first ever apple watch and want to mainly use it in the gym, i do a lot of weight lifting so i'm scared il damage it or get scratches on it. iv seen a couple of protective cases online but if anyone here uses the watch for same purpose and can give me some tips as to what accessories i should get to keep the watch safe id appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/ammary
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] How come it is possible ?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    Someone asked on Reddit forums, if he should buy an apple watch 4 or wait for new model, someone post this "Buy it on Amazon or something before the new ones come out, then return it. That gives you at least an extra 2 weeks from the long wait until September."

    How come this is possible, like you buy something return & get the money back ? Will they give the money back that easily ? If it is that easy everyone will be doing this ?

    Link for the post ---> https://old.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/c7vys0/should_i_wait/

    submitted by /u/xx_inFerNo_xx
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to have wind speed on a watch face?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:14 AM PDT

    So for work, I need to constantly check temperature, wind speed, wind direction, and sky condition. Is there any way to get the wind speed to display on the watch face?

    submitted by /u/d6s
    [link] [comments]

    [QUESTION] Is there a way to initiate a call from the watch but the phone rings instead?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:59 AM PDT

    I'm constantly on my bluetooth earphones connected to my phone and it's such a chore to have to get the my phone out of my pocket and dial a number. But when I use my watch to dial someone it uses itself to call somebody and no way of transferring the call to the phone.

    submitted by /u/khangkhong
    [link] [comments]

    How does walkie talkie work?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    My friend and I have set it up, but how exactly does it work, can I push to talk to him at any time, Like when he is asleep for example?

    I could imagine it being hilarious if we can speak to each other at any time, without the other party being able to decline, but if not that, what is the point of walkie talkie?

    submitted by /u/dillcoq
    [link] [comments]

    [WatchOS 6] Battery drain is insane..

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    I've been using the WatchOS 6 beta for the last few days.. not sure if this is related to a developer build or if this will be the new norm but I have a Series 3 and my watch was fully charged at 5pm yesterday and today at 7:20am, I am down to 10%. This is really, really annoying. I never used to have to charged it every single day but I guess that is the case now?

    Anyone else experience the same thing?

    submitted by /u/t3hWheez
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting Overcast podcasts off Watch

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    Hey just got my first watch and loaded up a few test podcasts to the watch to listen without the phone. Now, I can't seem to delete them off the phone. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ImNotClever_Sorry
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to automatically stop music/podcast after set time period?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 12:12 AM PDT

    I know on the iPhone one can use the timer function to stop playback after a given time period.

    I like listening to a podcast while falling asleep using my Airpods, but don't want podcasts to continue playing all night. My phone is off and banned from the bedroom at night so the functionality would have to come from the Watch itself. Is there any way to either stop playback after the current episode or after a set time period?

    I am using Overcast podcast app, but would be happy to switch to a different app if it contained such a function.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/CmdrMcLane
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch series 4

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:39 AM PDT

    After Apple will announce the new Apple watch (series 5) the "old" series 4 will be 329? (now is 429€)

    submitted by /u/adrian8572
    [link] [comments]

    New battery for S0 or a new S4

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    I know the answer is probably obvious, but try to convince me because here's my situation. I'm currently using my Series 0 Apple Watch and have been every day. One day without it is like hell for me, and I even use it for sleep tracking. As you might have guessed, the battery is pretty much shot with such heavy usage (I get over 200+ notifications per day on multiple apps, so notification management is a godsend).

    Here lies the problem. I'm currently using a 42mm stainless steel variant that I got for 2/3 off on a big sale one day (very lucky, I'll admit) so I only ended up paying around $350, which was the price of the aluminum Apple Watch Sport at the time. I love the heft of it and the sapphire screen. It still has zero scratches and let me say, this thing has been scratched up against almost every surface imaginable. However, I cannot for the life of me justify the $749 price of a new stainless steel Apple Watch. So here's the big question: how can I justify this huge price, or should I just get a battery replacement, which costs $79. I'm not a fan of the aluminum watches (1st world problems, yea).

    TLDR; Can you guys justify the $749 price tag of a new Stainless Steel Apple Watch, or should I just get a battery replacement for $79

    submitted by /u/MustangV6Premium
    [link] [comments]

    Does the watch detect heart beat if it's worn above the wrist?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:46 PM PDT

    I'll start wearing gym gloves with wrist support which means the watch won't be on my wrist.

    submitted by /u/TheOddEyes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel