• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 23, 2019

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 23]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 23]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 23]

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

     This is the previous [archive](https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/search?q=title%3A%22Daily+Tech+Support+Thread%22+author%3A%22AutoModerator%22&restrict_sr=on&sort=new&t=all) of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.) 

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What color iPhone do you guys own? After half a year of owning this, I am in love with my gold XS Max. (Picture taken with my BF’s XR)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    2020 iPhones may feature ProMotion 120

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    I never noticed how cool the thunderstorm animation is in the Apple weather app

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    iOS 12.4: Transfer data directly to a new iPhone wirelessly, or using a cable

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:52 AM PDT

    Ad says “may need a new screen. Charger not included”

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:10 PM PDT

    Apple to release three 'iPhone 11' models this fall- 9to5Mac

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    A brazen thief

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:11 PM PDT

    A few months ago, I lost my phone while a patient in the ER. I wasn't too worried as the phone was out of juice when I lost it and I had used a pass code. I got a new phone, downloaded my phone data, changed my appleID and forgot about the old one. Today, I received this text message from an unknown, out of state number:

    "Hey! I recently bought an iPhone that came back to this number and the name of myfirstname, I was trying to see if you could possibly remove it from your iCloud account. It's an iPhone 8 Plus. Let me know, I can send you the instructions on how to do so.. ".

    Pretty ballsy move, eh? Am I correct in assuming there is nothing the new 'owner' can do with the phone except bedazzle it and use as a paperweight? Or do I need to take action? TIA

    submitted by /u/livingonmain
    [link] [comments]

    Missing 3D Touch...

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 05:31 AM PDT

    Apple Releases iOS 9.3.6 and iOS 10.3.4 with GPS Bug Fix

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    I'm impressed by the lack of burn in reports for the iPhone X

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    I've had my iPhone X since the end of launch month (so around 20 months) and I've yet to see any signs of burn-in. It was my main Daily driver until the Xs Max came out, once I got the Max the X became my work phone which is still used daily. I'm impressed because my gf has a Galaxy S9 and it is showing signs of burn in as a I've seen the random reports online of other phones having burn in problems and screen color shift etc. I haven't noticed any color shifting (Even when I run the color test app next to me Xs Max they both look about the same) Apple is always late to the party when it comes to certain features but I can always count on them having said features perfect when they finally release them

    submitted by /u/Master_Ramaj
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s morning alarm doesn’t go off if an Emergency Alert occurs during the middle of the night? (Alert occurs as modal window & suppresses alarm & other activity until you Accept it)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    Juice on the iPhone 8

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 02:03 AM PDT

    Hey iPhone 8 users, how's the battery life on your phone? Does it give a satisfactory SoT? This is for the regular iPhone 8 not the plus model. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/b0ib0y
    [link] [comments]

    Owners of iPhone 6s or 6s plus

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 07:11 PM PDT

    When it's time to put it down are you gonna miss it? Last phone with a headphone jack probably the best iPhone apple has ever made. Just an all around really reliable phone? Will you miss it?

    submitted by /u/zach1416
    [link] [comments]

    Volume of iPhone

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 05:41 AM PDT

    Having owned my first iPhone for not very long, a disappointment is how quiet the volume is when played through Bluetooth in my car. My 3 year old pixel is much louder. Is this just the way it is, or may I have a problem with my phone?

    submitted by /u/KarlWorton1
    [link] [comments]

    Does iPhone get read receipts from android?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    I have an old android phone (about 4 yrs) and the iPhone user has a newer model iPhone.

    submitted by /u/tastebitterfruit
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone users who aren't invested in other apple products , why choose iPhone over Android ?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    I understand that the apple ecosystem is amazing if you own multiple apple products that work well together. Since imessage and FaceTime aren't that prevalent outside the US , what reason do you have to purchase an iPhone over an Android phone like the s10 or the Google pixel 3 ? Genuinely curious

    submitted by /u/Ataraxia059
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S Plus

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 04:39 AM PDT

    Hello folks. So I'm an android guy planning to buy an iOS device that is cheap and upon research , I found out that the iPhone 6S Plus is an upgrade for me but since this iPhone came out 3-4 years ago , will the apps in the phone be compatible for the iOs updates for the next 3 years ?

    submitted by /u/Batcorp7
    [link] [comments]

    I found an iPhone! Want to return it!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    Hey, while on vacation today in Maryland, I found a lost iPhone on the beach. I would love to return it to its owner! Somewhat lost as to what should be done. Here's what I can share: It's an iPhone 6 S (I think).. it has an S on the back of it. The phone was dead, I plugged it in and it came to the standard loading screen requiring a passcode. It still has a Verizon cellular signal. Problem is, it needs a passcode to access almost anything. I can't use Siri because it's not connected, and they have no medical ID saved. I'm hanging onto it charged in case they call. Any other advice? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PHLBCN
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone /iPad charger compatibility

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 02:18 AM PDT

    Can we use IPad 12w charger for iPhone, specially for iphone8 as I have this one? Is there any risk of degrading battery life or it is fine? Can any one help?

    submitted by /u/rahmanqau
    [link] [comments]

    Can a stolen iPhone be factory reset?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    Ok so heres the situation. About a day ago my iPhone went missing; not to go into too much detail about my personal life drama, but I think I know who took it and because this person is somewhat within my social circle, I haven't lost all hope in the idea of getting it back (although, let me give you guys some advice, not that it was intentional, try to avoid letting a VERY bitter ex within reach of any of your expensive electronics).

    Now I have a passcode and an Apple ID registered to the phone. The issue is I think the phone is either in airplane mode or turned off or both, as I cannot locate the device. Now what I want to know is if a full on factory hard reset is possible given the circumstances of the situation. My guess is that it is not possible through iTunes but I have heard that there exist several third party softwares that can be used to factory reset or at least unlock any passcode locked iPhone without iTunes. So I guess my question is, will any of these softwares work in my situation? I'm pretty sure I know who I am dealing with, and I think I can eventually get my phone back, but this person is known to be indecisive and I would hate to find out that pretty much all my photos and stuff is gone when I get it back.

    submitted by /u/dirtyjersey1999
    [link] [comments]

    Bought the xr, but not sure what do with it

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 04:40 AM PDT

    I just recently bought an iphone xr from amazon on prime day because of the discounted price. the Thing is, the last iphone i owned was the 6s. I'm a little confused by the interface since using android for so long. I have transitioned all my important daily and work apps like spotify, pandora, onenote, slack and a few time-pass games onto my xr, but still havent made it my daily carry phone.

    The biggest thing i miss since coming from android to ios is the lack of a third-party app market. on android i used to use acmarket to download apps for free, which is just not a possibility on ios without jailbreaking. That's also the reason i'm not updating ios anytime soon, because the devs might come out with a kernel eploit for the lower versions of ios 12.

    So now i have 2 phones, one a cheap POS thats my daily carry, and a shiny new iphone xr, but i'm still reluctant to switch platforms from android to ios. To that end, does anybody know a potential solution to bridge this gap? I was thinking if i discovered some iphone-only features then that would make the transition more exciting.

    And to be fair, i have nothing against apple. I'm still using a macbook pro that will turn 7 years old next month...

    submitted by /u/thisisthrowawaykev
    [link] [comments]

    Apple released iOS 10.3.4 only for iPhone 5 and iPad 4.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 11:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel