• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 30, 2019

    Apple TV What happened to CBS releasing as a channel today?

    Apple TV What happened to CBS releasing as a channel today?


    What happened to CBS releasing as a channel today?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    What are they waiting until 11:59 to drop it?

    submitted by /u/jgreg728
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to hide/delete photos app on ATV4

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Just moved my mom in with us and got her all set up on a brand new AppleTV 4th Gen 32G. We have 3 other apple tv's in the house, and it's way easier to just sign in with my acct, than get her an account.

    Is there a way to hide photos, would hate for her to see anything that would be embarrassing?

    Sorry if someone has asked this before, I did an initial search and came up with nada on Apple help.

    submitted by /u/NolaDutches
    [link] [comments]

    Using USB hard drive through router question

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 03:48 PM PDT

    Here is what I am looking to do, just wondering if anybody else has done this and if they ran into anything I should know

    I have been converting some media over to an external drive and plugged into my router and use VLC to watch on my Apple TV.

    I decided to upgrade my hard drive so I could have one for this purpose and one soley for time machine so I could still keep my personal files separate but let anybody in the house access the music and movies.

    1) when I transferred everything over to my new Seagate 4TB 3.0 drive, now my Netgear router isn't picking it up, but it worked fine with my older western digital 1TB 2.0 drive, I thought 3.0 was backwards compatible, is it not?

    2) currently I have been organizing my files as if I was using Finder, individual folders etc.. but I was wondering what would happen if I moved my whole iTunes folder over to the drive and consolidate my iTunes purchases and other video files into the iTunes app, will other devices such as Apple TV be able to detect this with the stock computers app?, or would I need Plex

    submitted by /u/midnightdoom
    [link] [comments]

    ITV Player app

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:11 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is actually an Apple TV issue but am starting here...

    I live outside of the UK, so to watch ITV Player, I use a DNS service, with their DNS servers set in my router. On my Mac and iOS devices I have no trouble watching programmes, but the app installed on my ATV 4K won't work. I can sign in, I can see the home screen and menus, and I can choose programmes. I even get the ads before the programme but then a black screen with an endlessly spinning circle in the middle.

    Location services are off, and all devices are on the same network (same router, same segment etc). I've tried a static IP and DHCP (ATV is connected via Ethernet). Nothing seems to fix the issue.

    Am I missing something obvious?

    submitted by /u/the_roger_mellie
    [link] [comments]

    tvOS 13 Apple Music - change trailers to last played?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    Apple TV and Xfinity - can someone explain this to me?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 02:31 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking at a used Apple TV 4th gen for my lounge and I'm getting a little confused around the various compatibilities and and features of the Apple TV for my setup. Hopefully it makes a lot more sense to others than it does to me.

    What I have: LG smart TV, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Showtime, basic Xfinity cable and a basic cable box.

    What I want: everything in one place.

    I've been reading up on this over the past few days and I gathered that Xfinity and Apple TV are basically a no-go for a lot of the channels, but really I'm still confused.

    If I was to get an Apple TV, would I be able to run everything through that box/remote? Are there channels I'll still have to switch back to the regular TV interface for? And lastly, how does the Apple TV app play into this?

    Any help is appreciated. I know this is probably a lot simpler than I'm making it out to be but I'm just very unsure at this point.

    EDIT: If it's not already clear, I'm not originally from the US so I'm unfamiliar with the ins and outs of cable as a whole and the industry quirks.

    submitted by /u/bigdogxxl
    [link] [comments]

    New remote not working

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    I lost my original remote and bought a new one, but it won't pair. I pressed menu + volume up but nothing happens, also tried several other combinations just in case. I used my phone to disconnect from the lost remote but nothing i do seems to work. If you know what's going on feel free to comment, otherwise i will just go back and get a new one.

    submitted by /u/Slim_nils
    [link] [comments]

    What are some cool things I can do with my 3rd gen TV plugged into Mac?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    I like fiddling around with my various gadgets in my spare time. Is there any programs or commands I send over? I'd like to get into making my own apps, but I don't even know where to start in learning how to do so. I do have Xcode installed.

    submitted by /u/tracer_21
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get to settings on Apple TV box ?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    Do box sets display correctly yet?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    I know box sets displayed as one season in the old tv app, is this fixed in the new one? I feel dumb paying so much for individual seasons.

    submitted by /u/ImperiousPi
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV starts video without sound, then sound starts

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:32 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if this is an AppleTV question or a specific app question (I'm asking in a few reddits). I did a search (of reddit) but didn't find an answer. I did a Google search but only came up with a useless answer.

    When I start a stream, the video starts but in really bad resolution (very blocky) and there is no sound for 2 or 3 seconds. Mostly this doesn't matter as it is usually only the distributor's logo/pre-roll that is silenced and ugly. But, it also happens on the previews (which means I miss the first few seconds of said preview).

    Is there a way to tell the AppleTV to do more buffering before it starts playing? I am assuming this is per-app but none of the apps actually have any config to increase buffering or delay playing until they have enough content buffered?

    This happens on several apps.

    submitted by /u/Filbert17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel