• Breaking News

    Monday, July 29, 2019

    Apple Macbook MBP, external HDMI display can't scale like Retina display

    Apple Macbook MBP, external HDMI display can't scale like Retina display


    MBP, external HDMI display can't scale like Retina display

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    I've had the pinwheel of death popping up on my mid 2012 macbook pro multiple times today.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 09:52 PM PDT

    The computer becomes unresponsive and I have to force it off. Is this a sign that something is wrong with my computer?

    submitted by /u/New_Alphabet
    [link] [comments]

    2015 15” MacBook Pro Dual External Displays Question

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    I have a 2015 15" MacBook Pro with two Mini DisplayPorts. Can I connect two external displays by using two Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI cables? Right now, I have it setup with one external display, using only one of the two Mini DisplayPorts. Basically wondering if I could utilize the second empty Mini DisplayPort for a second external display. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jonworthy
    [link] [comments]

    Maximum Charging Rate for Retina Air?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    Hi all, so i just got a 60W Anker charger for travel, and it was compatible with the Retina Macbook Air. I was expecting a charging rate of 30W, like the one Apple provides. However, it seems to be charging at even higher than that, charging at up to 37W at times.

    What is the maximum charging rate for the 2018 Macbook Air? Is this normal behavior? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Mikailk
    [link] [comments]

    stuck with this and dont know how to get out of single user mode. Help?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    I got a used 12” MacBook and the previous owner used to open the lid with their nails and got the middle part where the little indent is all eaten up. Is there a way to get this fixed?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    Refurbished 2018 15 inch Macbook Pro or newer 15 inch Macbook Pro

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm not sure if it's worth buying the "newer" MBP 15 inch instead of going with a refurbished July 2018 version. As far as I can tell the difference is:
    1 - new keyboard
    2 - Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz compared to up to 4.6GHz

    Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/WakeAndBlakeGriffin
    [link] [comments]

    How reliable is time machine backup?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 02:54 PM PDT

    I'm sending in my 2017 15 in MBP touchbar for a repair.

    I have a 1tb ssd storage and I have been using 2tb external hDD for time machine backups. I have near 800GB of data on my computer. I never had to do time machine restore before, so I'm not sure how reliable it is. I'd rather not lose some rogue data in the process, and I've been starting to consider using Carbon Copy Cloner. However, that would be another extra ~$80 for the software and another external HDD.

    Anyway, I would like to know:

    1). How reliable time machine restorations are, especially if the amount of data is bulky (~1tb). I have heard some horror stories of the time machine drive failing to restore or even connect.

    2). How reliable Carbon Copy Cloner is, (compared to time machine?) if there are any problems with creating a bootable drive in external HDD (maybe corrupting macOS in the process?)

    3). Is it possible to partition the external HDD that I am using for time machine? (I would like to reserve 250GB for regular data storage instead of backups)

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/aarcha70
    [link] [comments]

    Deciding between MacBooks.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 01:50 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I'm planning on buying a MacBook, but can't decide between the 2019 Air or Pro. Right now, price isn't a concern, but I can't decide between the better display and speakers on the Pro, or the better battery life and typing position of the Air (the slant of the keyboard supposedly makes typing more comfortable).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Wishmoo
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard replacement for Retina 12” early 2016?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    I have a few sticky keys, which I see is a credential for service for my MacBook. Apple no longer has this computer for sale online, would they still fix the keyboard, or just replace it with a different computer?

    submitted by /u/frumpydrangus
    [link] [comments]

    Which Macbook is Best for Me?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    Hey folks,

    My 2011 (I believe) Macbook Pro just had the infamous GPU failure. Unfortunately the screen is a complete wreck, so I am looking to do an upgrade. I use my Macbook for music making. I'm an absolute fanboy for Logic.

    So enough, of my ADD, my question is regarding the 2019 Macbook Air and how it would compare to my 2011 Macbook Pro. I would be using it for the same thing, making music in Logic. I'm not too educated on computers so I thought someone on here could provide me some assistance on this. I would prefer an Air just to save on the extra coin, but if you believe that a Pro would be better for what I'm trying to accomplish, please let me know! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/FreshAppleSlices
    [link] [comments]

    Running Windows off an External Hard Drive?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    Am I able to boot Windows from an external HDD rather than install it onto the Mac's SSD.

    submitted by /u/Aufblitzen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel