• Breaking News

    Monday, July 29, 2019

    Apple Help Mac Desktop I found in the Trash. Does anyone know what year/model this is? It turns on but only shows a white screen with a question mark icon. I understand it can be fixed, but could I sell it desktop in its current state for? Maybe for the parts ?

    Apple Help Mac Desktop I found in the Trash. Does anyone know what year/model this is? It turns on but only shows a white screen with a question mark icon. I understand it can be fixed, but could I sell it desktop in its current state for? Maybe for the parts ?


    Mac Desktop I found in the Trash. Does anyone know what year/model this is? It turns on but only shows a white screen with a question mark icon. I understand it can be fixed, but could I sell it desktop in its current state for? Maybe for the parts ?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 02:39 PM PDT

    No vibrations

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    When I get texts from my mom (who has an android phone) I don't get the vibration.I only get the visual on the Notification Center. I don't know if this has to do with the fact that she has android but it has always been like that. My vibrations do work on other apps, and with apple users, but my moms the only person I know who has an android phone, so I can't really test it out.

    tldr; I am not getting vibrations from an android phone.

    iPhone XR, iOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/silver048
    [link] [comments]

    iPad is stuck on this screen, any idea on how to fix?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 09:17 AM PDT

    BRIGHT green streak on iPhone X screen. Black is to cover baby’s image. Has anyone seen this, know what might be causing it, or possibly know how to fix it?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 07:52 PM PDT

    What Model Is This?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 07:52 PM PDT

    My new serial number begins with GG, what does it mean. iPhone 8

    submitted by /u/Itsthatbrian21
    [link] [comments]

    Does this refer to any iOS update (for example 12.4) or iOS 13 GM that will be released in fall?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 01:24 AM PDT

    [OS X 10.14.5] Not logging in Safe Mode, can't set boot-args, kernel_task haywire

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    Been experiencing crazy kernel_task CPU usage when using Firefox and Firefox Developer Edition, so I boot to Safe Mode to see if that fixes it. Unfortunately, the progress bar for logging in once booted to Safe Mode gets to the end and never progresses past that.

    Thought I'd try Safe and Verbose Mode together (though I don't think this would help), but when I run:
    sudo nvram boot-args="-v -x"
    I get:
    nvram: Error setting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) not permitted

    So, there's that. Now what?

    submitted by /u/CafeRoaster
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube kills my wifi connections

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    When I am watching a video on YouTube app/browser, at some point in the middle of the video, the video will stop playing and it will appear to be buffering. In actuality, the YouTube app seems to have killed my WiFi connection on my iPhone.None of my other apps have any internet connection (i.e. I can't get mail, I can't load a page in Safari, etc.). The only way I can get it to work is by toggling wifi off and then on again.

    -This problem only occurs on my home network.
    -The issue is only with this phone. Every other device works fine.

    I have tried resetting the network settings I tried toggling wifi assist on and off

    Nothing seems to be working.

    submitted by /u/98Phoenix98
    [link] [comments]

    I used to use an iPhone 8+ up until I cracked my screen and the front camera wouldn’t work correctly. I then switched to an iPhone 7 in March and have been using it since. I recently just got my old 8+ fixed and want to restore it but keep getting error. Everything is updated. Any help?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    Can you add subtitles to a movie on iphone(apple tv app)

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    I just moved a movie from my laptop to iphone (Apple tv app) via itunes , movie has subtitles on laptop(vlc media player) but no subtitles when i watch on my iphone. How can i add subtitles file or something for iphone.

    submitted by /u/najeebv21
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting pictures from the "All Photos" section without them being deleted from my albums.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    I've separated all my photos in the "All Photos" into specific albums, is there a way I can delete from my "All Photos" without them being deleted from my albums?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Hippopoplin
    [link] [comments]

    Opened an attachment file which I realised it’s a virus after

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    Hey everybody! I normally never ever open or click any suspicious mail but after signing up for an early access game, I was waiting for a confirmation mail. And then I saw this App Store mail. It was saying a purchase I made. And I took off my card details a few weeks ago on App Store. So when I saw this I didn't even realised anything I was like what the hell is this. So I clicked the word document attachment. It was a chart of the game and money and bla bla. And in the end it was saying if you didn't do this purchase please click here with a link. I didn't click obviously but I'm really worried that my phone or mail got infected. What do you think about it? Would opening an attachment infect my phone?

    submitted by /u/KittyLovesStuffie
    [link] [comments]

    Links from “look up” highlighted text function don’t go anywhere

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    How come whenever I want to click a presented link after looking up highlighted text (open in Wikipedia, person's twitter account, etc), none of the links lead anywhere? I can click them, but nothing happens after that except I am led back to what I was reading.

    submitted by /u/shackleford_rusty
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to set friends FaceTime up.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 05:39 PM PDT

    1.) tried calling friend. I get a message saying "X is not available for FaceTime.

    2.) I tell friend to go into settings and turn FaceTime on. He does. I call him and it rings (FaceTime, not standard phone) but it never connects. He sees nothing on his end.

    3.) I ask him to call me. His phone tells him that he has to connect to WiFi to make calls. He has cellular data turned on and he is using iMessage.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/__prison__mike__
    [link] [comments]

    Erasing files on external SSD not changing remaining space?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 05:35 PM PDT

    Hey all, wondering if someone has any insight and / or advice...

    I have a 2018 MacBook Pro that I use predominantly for music production. My rig also includes a 2TB external SSD drive that I use to store all my samples, sounds, etc.

    I noticed the external drive was reaching capacity (714MB remaining), so I decided to purge all the sample banks I'm not using. I must have at least trashed 15GB worth of old samples, but after doing so, the drive was still showing as having 714MB available.

    I've tried running Disk Utility, and it didn't seem to help. I can't run Disk Warrior because they haven't updated it to be able to deal with the latest file system (I think?).

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it might be doing this, what I can do to free up that space or what I'm doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit: Yes, I've emptied the trash :)

    submitted by /u/EvanFistfight
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 on 128gb MBA

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 05:33 PM PDT

    I have a 2014 MBA which is perfectly functional, good battery etc. Can I put Windows 10 professional on this? I'm seeing conflicting information on this regarding the amount of memory needed. I want to use the entire memory if possible for Windows - I don't have any use for more than one Mac. I have a 256gb USB which I have been using with this computer if that help any. TIA

    submitted by /u/katsumiblisk
    [link] [comments]

    Is there such an animal on earth or app that can use a gain function to system volume. not a volume booster?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    Maybe not. When I had samsung, and no more, I found 2 apps that can use a gain feature that would increase all sound settings.or is apples firmware not allowing such? Not meaning setting EQ setting it as night.

    submitted by /u/farbeyondrivin
    [link] [comments]

    mid 2014 15" macbook pro not starting up

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    i have a mid 2014 macbook pro. it stopped turning on all the way. i get an apple logo and a progress bar but it fills up and then just sits there and eventually shuts off.

    i tried internet recovery but there's no drive listed. when i open disk utility and click show all devices all i see is the internet recovery one.

    i did some googling and also tried 'diskutil list' 'diskutil apfs list' and 'diskutil cs list' in terminal. diskutil list comes back showing me a dozen little drives but no 256gb ones and nothing for disk0 which i should have? cs list and apfs list say theres no apfs or corestorage containers

    i thought my drive was dead but when i hold option when turning on i see macintosh hd so its there but not in disk utility? help?

    submitted by /u/wooshwarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID password reset

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Hey all!

    So i recently got a new phone as my other one broke, but forgot my apple ID password and used the 2 step reset method instead of using my old phone number. It says i need to wait 24 hours for this method, but ive heard it can take longer. I was wondering if its possible for me to just use my sim card in another phone and reset there? or do i have to wait and use the 2 step method now because my account is locked? any info would be appreciated, cheers!

    submitted by /u/Fuqqagoose
    [link] [comments]

    Windows IOS

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 12:35 PM PDT

    This is a long shot question but is it possible to burn a Windows IOS cd from an iMac.

    submitted by /u/larrybeattie
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud photos sync problem

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 03:53 PM PDT

    Hi! I have a 2TB iCloud to my iPhone. I have 40.000 photos/videos and this usually takes only 7GB on my iPhone storage. But since last week I'm travelling in Europe, and there wasn't wifi until today. My photos stopped to sync, and now it's occupying 49GB on iPhone + 250GB on iCloud. What can I do? I have just few GB free on iPhone to the rest of the trip, and on Photos there is no "iCloud uploading" bar

    Thx!

    submitted by /u/danielmaoli
    [link] [comments]

    I need help

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 03:52 PM PDT

    I deleted my iCloud account with my Apple Watch connected to it on Find my iPhone. I had the activation lock on it. I've tried to take it out but says that it's the incorrect account(which I deleted). Is there a way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/adlc04
    [link] [comments]

    My Macbook's own display isn't turning on, but I can still use it normally with an external display. What's most likely the cause of the problem?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 06:55 AM PDT

    This is a MacBookPro12,1 A1502, from 2015. It has seen heavy use. I upgraded the SDD myself a few years ago.

    Until this morning the display worked fine. I have noticed for a long time that when booting up it would flash a static-y screen for a second, but only on boot. Unsure if this is related.

    This morning I woke up the computer and the display didn't turn on. I restarted. It chimed and the backlight turned on, but the screen image flickered and then turned off. I reset the SMC, NVRAM, attempted to boot into safe mode, etc, with no luck.

    I plugged it into an external monitor and can now interact with the computer normally. It looks like everything is fine except for the main display not turning on.

    The main display did turn on a minute ago when I adjusted the angle of the screen, then turned off again when I experimentally picked up the laptop and set it down again.

    This leads me to think there's just something loose on the interior, like a cable. I'm at work, and so won't have the screwdrivers to access the interior until I get home this evening. When I do, where do you think I should look?

    submitted by /u/robertgfthomas
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C to USB-A as charging cable?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 03:31 PM PDT

    Has anyone used a USB-C to USB-A cable to charge their MacBook?

    Eg. plugging straight into the USB port in a plane's seat

    submitted by /u/woundedbreakfast
    [link] [comments]

    Help with 2011 Macbook Pro. [Folder Question Mark]

    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Got this older Mac, I was hoping to fix it up (upgraded RAM, Solid state) and gift it to my younger sister she is turning 10. Any help would be appreciated!!

    -I am familiar with the folder question mark on startup meaning there is no startup drive. I have installed multiple HDs (including some with Mac OS installed) into the machine and am still getting the folder screen.

    -In addition, I have tried using my solid state running Mojave in an enclosure as an external startup drive. ---The machine never gives me the choose startup screen after holding Option on startup, I only get a mouse.

    -The machine will not start into safe mode, I only get the folder question mark.

    -The machine will not start in either recovery or internet recovery mode, I only get the folder question mark.

    -I have narrowed down my ideas to a bad HD ribbon cable, does anyone else have an idea as to what it might be? I will purchase a ribbon cable and replace it, but am curious if someone has other thoughts. I am just hoping it isn't logic board.

    Thanks in advance.

    Adam

    submitted by /u/Aklein351
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel