• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 3, 2019

    Apple Macbook Finally decided to pull the trigger and buy it (It’s the macbook air 2018 edition)

    Apple Macbook Finally decided to pull the trigger and buy it (It’s the macbook air 2018 edition)


    Finally decided to pull the trigger and buy it (It’s the macbook air 2018 edition)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    The Dbrand Hemp skin on my 12" Macbook

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:31 PM PDT

    What are the odds of a 2019 12” MacBook refresh with 10nm Intel processors and T2 chip?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    This would be a dream come true

    submitted by /u/cmorgan74686reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Are those MacBook cover clamshells worth it?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    I have a nice sleeve case for my 13'3 MacBook. I was wondering if I should get one of those plastic cases that's for the top and bottom of the MacBook, are they worth it? Will they scratch up my MacBook or will it help protect it? Sorry I just wasn't sure lol.

    submitted by /u/HotlineTings
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a 2010 MacBook....now hwat

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    I've never had a MacBook before and I just don't know where to start. I have an iPhone, can someone start me in the right direction on what I can do with this bad Larry?

    submitted by /u/Anal_romancer
    [link] [comments]

    Are there reports of the new MacBook's butterfly keyboards being faulty?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:19 PM PDT

    Is it still a problem or do we just have to wait and see?

    submitted by /u/Crispy_Kleina
    [link] [comments]

    Should I go for 12 inch Macbook?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    On Best Buys website, the Macbook is going for $899.99. Is it worth going for or is the Macbook Air really worth the extra $300?

    submitted by /u/4An2one
    [link] [comments]

    Another Upgrade my MacBook Question

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:43 PM PDT

    To start, I have a mid - 2012 13in Macbook Pro. I have done research to the best of my ability and have a few questions as I am very nervous about changing parts inside my laptop and have zero experience with this sort of thing.

    I have chosen this Crucial, 16gb RAM and this Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB.

    I feel confident replacing the hard drive and ram by following youtube videos, but am unsure of how to get my data onto the new hard drive. What is the best way to go about this? Could I make a time machine backup to a portable hard drive? If so what do I do form there?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/cloroxdisinfectingwi
    [link] [comments]

    Disassemble old MacBook Pro Retina for the monitor?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    I want to take apart my old MacBook pro retina, it is the first version that came out and it's just too slow to operate nowadays. The screen, on the other hand, is still pixel perfect and I was hoping I could hack a way to take it off of the MacBook Pro and use it as an external display for my PC.

    Has anyone heard of this before or know if its possible?

    submitted by /u/DaHub
    [link] [comments]

    15" rMBP Late 2013 Speaker Confusion

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    TL;DR: Is it possible for MacOS or the firmware to shut off audio signal to one woofer if the other woofer is damaged?

    ---

    I have 15" Late 2013 rMBP. Recently, the sound became very crackly and fuzzy. I figured I'd blown the speakers out. I tested to see if it's just one speaker by using the L/R balance slider in System Preferences > Output. I discovered there is no crackling when the slider is 100% left. So obviously, the right speaker is blown, but not the left.

    Here's the confusing part, though. The right speaker seems to produce the full range of sound (highs, mids, lows) albeit crackly/fuzzy, but the left speaker only produces highs and mids. I don't get any lows from it.

    I looked at pictures of both speakers on iFixIt.com and both sides appear to have a woofer and a tweeter. I tested to see if it's the woofer or tweets causing the cracking using an equalizer, and the crackling goes away when I take away frequencies under 150Hz. So, obviously, the right woofer is causing the crackling.

    I don't see how the woofer on the left speaker could be producing zero sound. I would expect it to either be blown out like the woofer on the right, crackling to some degree or sounding normal.

    Is this normal for a speaker to be so blown out it doesn't make any sound or crackling? I've never seen this happen before.

    Images of both speakers:

    https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Retina-Mid-2012-Mid-2015-Left-Speaker/

    https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Retina-Mid-2012-Mid-2015-Right-Speaker/

    submitted by /u/RegretfulUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook for school/programming a lot, I heard it's the best laptop for it, is it true?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:21 PM PDT

    Is there a way to completely disable game centre?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    I recently downloaded a game and a game centre windows pops up when I open it that I can't close, and renders the game unplayable. It also disabled me from quitting the game, forcing me to force shut down the laptop.

    submitted by /u/Sneakiest-turtle-eva
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove an application completely?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 03:39 PM PDT

    I have opened (About this Mac > system report > software > Applications) and there were apps listed that I have removed long time ago and some I don't even recall installing. I tried to locate and remove whatever unwanted files I can find in the library folder . But I can still see some of them remaining on the list of applications. Should I just leave it or is there something I can do about it? I am starting to think the apps are just there by name.

    Software version: macOS 10.14.5

    submitted by /u/Dexteralb
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Retina battery change, worth it?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    Hi guys ,

    First of all: English is not my native language, so please forgive my spelling mistakes.

    my battery now only has a health capacity of 60%, which means that in the near future, the battery needs to be replaced. Now I would like to know what kind of battery life I can expect if I change the battery with my own hands. Mojave is currently installed. Currently I have a battery life of about 60 to 90 minutes.

    Since I'm a student, the battery life is pretty important to me, should I vielliecht look for another, newer laptop (Windows) or would I be able to achieve a much longer battery life with a new battery?

    would be cool if someone could help me, maybe someone has experiences.

    submitted by /u/wisea4w
    [link] [comments]

    Make mojave wallpaper change with dark mode

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    When I first got my macbook pro the wallpaper (desert day and night one) changed when I put my computer in dark and light mode. Now it just changes throughout the day but putting it in day or night mode has no effect.

    Is there a way to make it so that when I put dark mode it puts the dark mojave desert wallpaper and light mode the day one?

    submitted by /u/ChubbyPigs
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't apple give me an ETA on a recall?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 10:26 AM PDT

    I contacted apple support about the 2016 MacBook Pro recall on the battery exploding.

    I'm told that they can't estimate that time and I have to contact/go to the closest apple store. So because I can't get into contact with the store directly due to their phone system I go to the store on my next day off.

    I get there and wait like usual and as the guy goes to take my laptop I then bring up how long it would take and he said 2 WEEKS.

    My thought was that they couldn't give me an ETA because it's in house and depends on the store but they couldn't give me an estimate that it would be around 2 weeks on the phone or something like that? I can't even bring it directly to any repair center to get it repaired.

    submitted by /u/t_sen_es
    [link] [comments]

    Is it fine to use 24" 1080p monitor for a MBP 2015 Retina (2560x1600) ?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 06:30 AM PDT

    I decided to have another extra desktop for my MBP in my office. I'm planning to buy a good brand monitor, probably I'll go with LG or Dell.

    I don't want to all out a lot of cash for this since because I already have a beast PC as my main workstation for a daily basis but I always carry my MBP whenever I leave my office to meet up with clients.

    Just want to have more space or extra space to my screen with my MBP 2015 13" Retina from time to time whenever I get the chance to use the monitor

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Laakhesis
    [link] [comments]

    Advice time! Good price?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    Marks on case from sleeve

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 05:56 AM PDT

    I've been using this sleeve for the last year with my Macbook. It has a very soft lining with a patten on it, but I've noticed it starting to leave marks on the MacBook case.

    Has anyone else experienced this with a sleeve? Is there anything Apple does about it?

    submitted by /u/UWbadgers16
    [link] [comments]

    Broken LCD help! (Can I reduce the display to fit on the non-broken area?)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 02:30 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. My a1398 Macbook Pro was dropped last night. I now have a crack going from the bottom right corner about 10cm diagonally and lines coming out from that crack. Everything on the right of the screen is virtually unviewable, but to the left is still working fairly well. I can't really afford to get it fixed for a few weeks. This has come at the same time as my phone being smashed and me being completely broke, years without so much as a scratch and now two things broken in the same week!

    I know I can use an HDMI to output to another screen but was wondering if it's possible to minimise the entire display so that it fits only in the section that is still working?

    Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Traies
    [link] [comments]

    Spoofing mac address in bootcamp?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2019 01:02 AM PDT

    Hello guys, as the title said. How to spoof my mac address in bootcamp? I've tried changing the registry from regedit, but the address still the same

    I'm using MBP 13 2018

    submitted by /u/indrmln
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel