• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 27, 2019

    Apple Macbook Concerns regarding Apple Care for MacBook pro

    Apple Macbook Concerns regarding Apple Care for MacBook pro


    Concerns regarding Apple Care for MacBook pro

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:40 PM PDT

    I'm starting college next month and planning to get a new 13 in MBP. I've been advised to get Apple Care with the laptop as well. But since I'll be buying the laptop from Canada and moving for my college to the UK, will my device still be protected by extended warranty?

    Or do I go and need to purchase Apple Care from the UK?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SebKookaburra
    [link] [comments]

    Rumor: Apple Plans To Replace All Butterfly Keyboards With Old Reliable Scissor Switches

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:21 AM PDT

    Apple Touch Bar (DFR) Display Driver for Windows

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 03:38 AM PDT

    What has faster real world performance, a 2018 MBA or a 2015 13" i7 MBP? How realistic are Geekbench scores?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    When doing a comparison, I noticed that the 2018 MBA with the 2-core i5 1.6 Ghz processor has better Geekbench scores (4006 single core, 7391 multi core) than the 2015 13" MBP with the 2-core i7 3.1 Ghz processor (3858 single core, 7353 multi core). What's the reality here? How would these two computers perform in real world scenarios, like programming or graphic design? Why does the MBA have a better score, is it because of the better Turbo Boost, the T2 chip, or some other Apple optimizations? Basically I'm wondering how Geekbench scores here map to reality.

    submitted by /u/greenseaglitch
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished Macbook Pro running unusually slow

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    I've bought a refurbished top-end Macbook Pro 2015 (i7, 16GB). It came with a stock account and some extra software including Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office suite. Since using it however there have been some unusual dips in performance where it shouldn't be a problem.

    For instance, scrolling through a Google Drive folder in Chrome stutters a lot- to the point where scrolling to the bottom immediately snaps to the end rather than actually scrolling through. Another which I don't think shouldn't be a problem is booting up while reopening all previous windows. There are severe half second pauses during this. My i5 with 8GB desktop has none of these issues, so I don't know what could be the problem here. The keyboard generally feels slightly laggy as well; deleting entire words from the terminal for instance has a slight but noticeable delay. For a top of the line machine these don't seem normal. Activity Monitor shows no abnormal performance behaviour, with no process taking much processing power and less than half the total memory used.

    What could be the issue here? Should I restore the entire laptop to factory settings, and if so how should I do it?

    submitted by /u/Forumpy
    [link] [comments]

    2015 Macbook vs. 2018 Macbook Air

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 09:46 AM PDT

    Hi r/macbook,

    Happy Friday everyone!

    Hoping to get some advice. I'm going back to school in the fall and am looking for a back to school computer.

    I'm going into teaching and am hoping for this computer to last me through my 2 year schooling as well as teaching related work. Hoping to have it last several years.

    I have the opportunity to buy a 2015 Macbook for 850$, but was also looking at a refurbished late 2018 Macbook Air.

    Any suggestions? Opinions? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ViralRepos
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with connecting my devices via USB ports

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 08:49 AM PDT

    When I plug in my iPad or iPhone they usually just keeps connecting, disconnecting, connecting and so on. This is with either old apple original charging cables, and off brand cables. The only cable that works is one I bought last week and I'm only using it to connect. The repair shop said it's just something apple does, but I've never experienced this on other macs. Anything I can do? I've tried a smc reset but it didn't work

    submitted by /u/just_a_firenope
    [link] [comments]

    Spilt tea on MacBook Pro.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 08:44 AM PDT

    Hi, I just spilt tea over my MacBook Pro, I immediately turned it off and put it upside down. I've currently got it like this which I found online. How long should I wait before turning it on again and when will it be safe to charge?

    submitted by /u/Beth1818
    [link] [comments]

    Mac mini(2018) with Mojave 10.14.6 connects to AirPort Extreme but has wifi (Wireless) instead of wifi (AirPort)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:43 AM PDT

    I have vagrant virtual machine on my MacBook Pro(2015, Mojave 10.14.5) running Windows 10, with nat and bridged to wifi (AirPort) network, which works fine.

    Now I'm running same virtual machine on Mac mini(2018, Mojave 10.14.6) with same configuration, connected to same wifi, but it does not seem to get wifi (AirPort) instead it gets wifi (Wireless) which does not work with bridge..

    After this I get Windows 10 VM with no Internet Access on bridged network.

    Long story short, is there a way to configure Mac mini to catch wifi (AirPort) as en0?

    Hope question is clear..

    submitted by /u/up_and_running
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a MacBook Pro 2018 early this year and my battery capacity is at 50%

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 03:44 AM PDT

    I thought something was wrong so I downloaded some battery checking tools and surprise surprise its at 50% after about 6 months.

    How can this happen I remember the first months the battery was outstanding it just started to happen recently. I only charge it when I need to, never too long, etc.

    Will apple replace it for free?

    submitted by /u/Cookingmustproceed
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Air vs 2018 Air

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 12:32 AM PDT

    Hey there! Planning on buying my first Macbook shortly but I'm torn between the two models. I've done tons of research but I wanted some more insight/user experience before I make my choice. So basically I'd use it mostly for Netflix & web browsing, some light games here or there but I'm not too fussed about that. What I kinda mean is that 8gb RAM will be fine for what I need it for. I've always felt extremely uneasy buying used products (bad past experience) but budget was a big thing here so I found 2 options at the same price (£849) on the Apple certified refurbished store: • Macbook Air June 2017 - 256 gb SSD or • Macbook Air October 2018 - 128 gb SSD

    To be completely honest I probably wouldn't use as much disk space as I upload all my photos to Google Photos, if I download a movie or series or something I delete it straight after watching, don't need to keep too many documents on it for work, etc. But I'm just cautios as I've read a lot of threads on here and everyone is saying to go higher than 128gb because you don't notice how quickly it fills up. Worst case I was thinking to get an external hard drive, but is it worth the hassle for the 2018 upgrade or shall I just stick with 2017?

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    submitted by /u/Sylvia0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel