• Breaking News

    Friday, July 26, 2019

    Apple Help Anyone know if I can still access the files on this? It’s EZ drive by SyQuest with removable 135 mb discs. Found it while moving. It’s formatted for my old Mac circa 1996.

    Apple Help Anyone know if I can still access the files on this? It’s EZ drive by SyQuest with removable 135 mb discs. Found it while moving. It’s formatted for my old Mac circa 1996.


    Anyone know if I can still access the files on this? It’s EZ drive by SyQuest with removable 135 mb discs. Found it while moving. It’s formatted for my old Mac circa 1996.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:58 AM PDT

    Anyone knows if I can activate standard Applecare(not AppleCare Plus) on my Macbook? I'm a bit confused since I find different info on internet. It's 2018 15' mbp

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:27 PM PDT

    My AirPods case not closing completely

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Does anyone know where you can purchase the book "Designed by Apple in California"?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 09:48 PM PDT

    After being sold out on Apple site for years now. It doesn't appear any have popped up on eBay, Amazon or any of the other usual subjects

    submitted by /u/armstrmw
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys so everything I own for the Macintosh Plus is all hooked up and used to run fine but after years of being in storage I took this out and tried to run it and all I’m getting is this screen? Any suggestions?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 03:05 PM PDT

    New iPad- want to add purchased content but not cell services

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 09:01 PM PDT

    Hello! I just bought an iPad for my son. I want to put all the games he has on my phone onto it as well as the purchases made within the games. So far this seems easy but I noticed the iPad is getting text messages that I receive as well, and I don't want him to be able to get that. Is there a way to put purchased content into the iPad with my Apple ID but not the cell services? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ANewConfession
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch unpairing when trying to pair?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    So I just got my Series 4 in and when I'm trying to pair it says "Update this Watch" and "Skip this update and continue" but every time I try to select that the iPhone automatically goes to unpairing Watch. I don't want to update my phone is there any reason why there's an option to skip the update but it won't let me passed that? Thank you

    Got a screenshot below of the screen I'm seeing before it forces me to unpair:

    https://i.imgur.com/GdV5ncp.jpg

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_DANKNESS
    [link] [comments]

    I tunes help

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    So my friend sent me a gift card (via email) and it's been 2 days and I still haven't received anything yet. I contacted apple and they told me to send a screenshot of her trying to resend it but when I went to look for the gift option it wasn't there. Then I googled it and it says you can enable it through quick links but Idk where to find that and the instructions are from 2013

    submitted by /u/rockyroadchocolate
    [link] [comments]

    FaceTime is a Hot Mess

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 07:26 PM PDT

    1. when my iPhone rings, and rings on my laptop, FT blocks me from closing applications on my laptop that prohibit me from taking a phone call (like videos with sound playing, etc). I basically have to close my laptop so the person can hear me or not answer the call.
    2. calls ring on all, one, or any combination of phone, watch, laptop, but never consistent.
    3. added too many steps to change to speaker, the person ends up saying hello two or three times before you select it and sometimes end up hanging up.
    submitted by /u/fugqiz
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with booting on Girlfriend’s MacBook Pro

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    She has an older retina MacBook Pro 13 inch, I'm not positive on the year because I can't get into the computer.

    Her computer boots up to the login page, and the screen works fine with a blinking text cursor but no input works with the trackpad or keyboard. She was having the same issue with Windows in bootcamp so I removed bootcamp using command r a couple weeks ago but now the issue is back. So I thought this was a disk drive issue, but now it seems to me like a keyboard/trackpad issue since the OS runs fine. I tried booting in safe mode and resting NVRAM but neither worked. Just input won't work. Anyone have any idea on what to do or what my issue is?

    Edit: just found that a wired mouse works.

    submitted by /u/username1615
    [link] [comments]

    Buying used device (How to confirm possession?)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:43 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm purchasing a used macbook tomorrow with local trade.

    I did check the serial number to see the purchase date and see warranty available.

    Is there anything specific I need to check?

    The seller told me the device has been reset to factory setting.

    As long as I'm able to log in with my apple account, am I set?

    submitted by /u/Jwk2608
    [link] [comments]

    Are messages deleted from my iPhone available on my mac?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 02:55 PM PDT

    There's a conversation I need record of and I cleared it from my phone, is there anyway to recover it from my cloud storage on my mac laptop?

    submitted by /u/myparentspaymyrent
    [link] [comments]

    2011 iMac (High Sierra) Bootcamp and Non-Bootcamp Windows Partition Not Working

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    I have tried so many different tactics to create a Windows 10/8/7 partition on my mac and nothing is working. Whenever I partition without bootcamp, the "Windows" partition I made doesn't show up when I try to load the comp using Alt. Bootcamp is not working either. I have a USB windows iso that bootcamp doesn't even read. I read somewhere that bootcamp on High Sierra no longer supports USB iso and I don't have a disc with an iso so that method isn't going to work. I'm stuck and would greatly appreciate some help.

    submitted by /u/Shruikian
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] I have a bunch of earphones, when I connect them to my iPhone 7, the volume is very low at max, but when I connect to my iPad, at 40% it is loud. What gives?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:32 AM PDT

    Is it a hardware problem? Because on my iPhone it literally has to be at max volume to be at normal sound while on iPad halfway becomes too loud. I tried this with a bunch of earphones and I use adapters for both (lightning for iPhone 7, USB C for iPad Pro) please help.

    submitted by /u/Macintoshk
    [link] [comments]

    When trying to install a package app, the installer crashes randomly. Does this for all installers. It just crashes in closes when im trying to install something. Same thing happens when I open terminal.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:18 PM PDT

    Can I get some help? Here are the specs:Just kidding the about this mac thing crashes too! It's a macbook pro from I think 2010, idk

    edit: ffs apple fix your stuff, jesus, I might just switch to windows smh

    submitted by /u/Will_builder8
    [link] [comments]

    So this just happened. Who do I contact and how do I phrase it? The battery exploded and showered me in glass.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 11:35 PM PDT

    Required to log in with Apple ID to use the app

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    Just bought my first iPhone and I really like it! I just have one question; is it normal for apps to require you to log into your apple ID before using the app? I know you have to log in before installing the app, however apps that I use all the time sometimes will get the "log in with your apple ID" pop up, and I was wondering if this is normal or if I should stop logging in when this happens

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Flowered_bob_hat
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding out-of-warranty repair

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    Buenos dias,

    I have recently bought a MacBook off of a family friend for 500 USD. Once I got it, I noticed a few things were amiss. The microphone is nonexistent, the screen has a small chip in it as well as the camera giving off a purplish hue. On top of this, the battery says it needs servicing although it only has 49 cycles

    I took the back off of the laptop (lol the screws were gone too) and also noticed that some of the cables are third-party.

    Now I use this computer for college, and having the battery shit the bed isn't something i can deal with, the rest I don't mind too much. Hypothetically speaking, does anyone think Apple will replace only the battery out of warranty since I don't have the money to sink into a full replacement/repair? (College student issues)

    It's a 2015 MacBook Pro if that makes a difference.

    (Family friend said he won't return the money since he told me there was a few issues with it, but I didn't think it was hardware related.)

    submitted by /u/xilofohn
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about buying for a first time mac user.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    So, I've been a Windows guy for a very long time, but I wanna get into editing on the go, so a Macbook Pro is my first choice, but I've got some questions.

    1) Is there any way, without having a .edu email, to get the discounts for students? I wanna get the discount and the Beats really badly.

    2) How long does it take to really get used to MacOS compared to Windows?

    3) After a little while, do you get used to only having USB-C?

    I know these are dumb questions, but thanks for answering them to me.

    submitted by /u/FuzhouYT
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to onscreen keyboard before login

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    I am trying to restore from a time machine . It won't let me go any further without typing in a password . My wireless keyboard & mouse don't work . I have a wired mouse but no USB keyboard

    Any options ?

    submitted by /u/stereo80
    [link] [comments]

    Can I put a 2015 MacBook Pro SSD in a 2014 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 04:24 PM PDT

    So my 2015 15" MacBook Pro died on me recently. The RAM went bad in it, and this was confirmed at the Apple Store, but the SSD Hard drive is still functional. My wife has a 2014 13 Inch MacBook Pro and I'm wondering if I can simply Swap the internal drives on the machines and have no issues? The 15" MacBook was running MacOS Mojave when it went down, and this 13" MacBook Pro currently runs High Sierra. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/andremamola810
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 04:24 PM PDT

    My Ipad restarts by itself and shows 1%, but a few seconds and it goes back to its original battery state. This has happened a few times already. Please help

    submitted by /u/OneWhoSeeksSolitude
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get all my photos back?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    My new phone currently has no photos and I want to get the ones from my old phone back. My old phone doesn't work any more but i have the photos on iCloud, I'm seeing them all right now on my laptop, is there a way that I can get them back from there?

    submitted by /u/thumbsup99
    [link] [comments]

    HDD not mounting on Mac after improper device removal?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    I have macOS Mojave and I recently put a WindowsOS on an external hard drive so I can boot my computer into windows. It was working perfectly until it recently got disconnected accidentally while the WindowsOS was still active. Now, back on the Mac side of things, when I plug the HDD into the USB port, it doesn't appear. My HDD lights up as if it's on, and I can even hear it buzzing like it normally does, but it doesn't appear anywhere on the Mac.

    I've checked Disk Utility and even tried some command lines in Terminal using diskutil to try mounting it, but I can't get it to appear anywhere. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/LegoC97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel