• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 19, 2019

    macOS Thanks to OSX Daily/iDownloadBlog for grabbing the iOS 13 images, I was able to make dynamic versions of them on the Mac. Works great with Catalina auto mode!

    macOS Thanks to OSX Daily/iDownloadBlog for grabbing the iOS 13 images, I was able to make dynamic versions of them on the Mac. Works great with Catalina auto mode!


    Thanks to OSX Daily/iDownloadBlog for grabbing the iOS 13 images, I was able to make dynamic versions of them on the Mac. Works great with Catalina auto mode!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    iTunes folder in Catalina now that there are three separate apps?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    For anyone with the Catalina beta installed, I am curious what has happened to the ~/Music/iTunes folder on your machine now that iTunes no longer exists and there are three separate apps. That folder used to contain all things iTunes...from music to podcasts to movies to TV shows. Do those three new apps still use the ~/Music/iTunes folder to store data, or are there new library folders for each specific app?

    submitted by /u/robbier01
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] New Apple Books App in macOS Catalina?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    Is there a new Apple Books App in Catalina? The icon has definitely changed when you look at some of the documentations and now Apple Books on macOS also incorporates audio books. I wondering whether the app (UI wise) has also changed? Maybe looking more like the redesigned one on iOS ...? Can anyone running macOS Catalina maybe tell and/ or make screenshots. Searched on Twitter, watched dozens of review videos on YouTube, but could't find out

    submitted by /u/realbavariandude
    [link] [comments]

    Torrent Downloader for mac

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 10:38 PM PDT

    Does anyone have a torrent app that works with the new MacOS Catalina?

    submitted by /u/ph120299
    [link] [comments]

    DisplayPort issue fix in Catalina?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 06:48 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if the lack of MST/DisplayPort daisy-chain support issue will finally be addressed in Catalina? It's bizarre (and obnoxious) that Apple deprives its consumers of the ability to use two monitors independently through one usb-c port via daisy-chaining when it gives only two (or four, if you went with the bells and whistles) ports to begin with on the MacBook Pro, one of which must be dedicated to power.

    For a brand so concerned with aesthetics it's perplexing that the solution they've come up, or at least appear to be satisfied, with are these clunky dongles and docks that are not in-line whatsoever with the clean Apple aesthetic.

    submitted by /u/BarryProphet-CPA
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a hotkey for "Look up & data detectors"?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    This feature is defaulted to force click or tap with three fingers on MacBooks. Is there a hotkey I can hold while clicking with my mouse that will give the same result? For example, I'm looking for something similar to the hotkey for right click, which is holding control and left clicking.

    submitted by /u/-ftw
    [link] [comments]

    Prevent macOS Catalina installer from splitting system partitions

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    Is there a way to prevent the macOS Catalina installer from splitting the system partitions? It creates a whole load of problems for me which I can't seem to resolve easily.

    Update: Re-watched the file-system keynote. It's not possible to opt out

    submitted by /u/Adryd325
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Catalina Late 13in 2015 MBP

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 08:25 PM PDT

    • To start, finder practically crashes every time I log-in.
    • All my wallpapers were changed (Doesn't bother me)
    • All my desktop folder and icons are missing (I do have iCould drive turned on for desktop)
    • Like I said, finder wont load, so I'm assuming I can't index stuff, so it just keeps loading and crashing
    • Setting also crashes quite often too

    Any solutions?

    submitted by /u/SeinfeldNYC
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrading from Catalina

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 01:53 PM PDT

    I upgraded to beta sometime ago. When I opened the photos app, my photo library (on external drive) gone through a conversion process. Now I'm going to do a internet recovery then restore from Mojave time machine backup. Am I gonna be able to open this converted library or am I fucked up?

    Edit: Photos library didn't work https://imgur.com/KmfV8yn

    Edit2: iTunes library didn't work too.. https://imgur.com/Cg7z6gL

    submitted by /u/disawoll
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make hfs+ the system filesystem instead of apfs?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    Individual color calibration on MacOS? RGB?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I recently got a hackintosh setup working on my Dell XPS 15, and everything has been great except one small detail:

    The XPS display has always been a bit too green hue for me, and in Windows under the color calibration, you can adjust the individual red / green / blue sliders, and I've always just dialed back the green one a bit.

    In MacOS though, I haven't figured out how to do that. The color calibration in MacOS, even when holding down the option key while clicking calibrate, doesn't allow individual adjustment of just the green level. Is there another way to do this? I really only want less green, everything else is perfect.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Rob328
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me with my login keychain problem

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    I have messed up my login keychain to the point where I have no idea what to do or how to reset it. I'm really stuck with it and don't even know how I messed it up in the first place, but I keep getting the prompts to update it for all different reasons and programs. Can anyone please help and explain what to do to get back on track with this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HAMSTERDAMAGE
    [link] [comments]

    “Firefox Software Update” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. in latest macOS Catalina beta

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 06:19 AM PDT

    I was using Firefox fine with macOS Catalina, bug after last night update of macOS Catalina beta I can't anymore.
    I already went to the Security and clicked "Open Anyway" several times...

    https://i.redd.it/xyt143zb84531.png

    Is there any way to disable this execution and start directly in Firefox??

    reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/c1zupm/firefox_software_update_cant_be_opened_because_it/

    submitted by /u/helderrossa
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone running Catalina on a 2017 MBP nTB?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    I just bought mine from BBY in March and I'm wondering how Catalina is running on my base model mbp. Anyone testing this out so far?

    submitted by /u/thatiOSdev
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Catalina Update

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 Beta channel and I do not see any Catalina update when I check the Software Update.

    Should not MacOS offer me the Catalina update because I am on Beta channel already?

    I use MacBook Air 11-Inch Early 2015.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Rosinde
    [link] [comments]

    Question about erasing the SSD physical disk for a clean reinstall

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    I need to fully reset my macbook because I think that I downloaded a sketchy .dmg file. In the disk utillity I can erase the ssd itself or the container disk that has the macintosh HD volume.

    If I erase the SSD can I still access macOS recovery to reinstall the OS or will I wipe the entire computer?

    submitted by /u/mangulu
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Mojave on Older IMac?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    (Question) How to manually switch to next desktop wallpaper ?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    This has been bugging me for a while. My desktop wallpapers are loaded from a folder of wallpapers, and randomly change every 1 hour. But what do I do to switch to the next desktop wallpaper whenever I want to ? If you use Windows 10 there is an option "Next desktop background" when you right-click on desktop. Is there such option on Mac ?

    submitted by /u/Cayenne999
    [link] [comments]

    Not enough space when Upgrading to MacOS Catalina?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    As of right now I am running MacOS Catalina (I assume beta 1) on a early 2013 Macbook pro. Today I noticed that there was a software update for the Catalina Beta, however upon downloading the update and running the installer it told me I was short 427.3 mb of storage. "No problem I thought," and just deleted some old videos I had finished editing and already uploaded to yt which was about 2gb of space. However when restarting the Catalina installer it told me I was missing 500mb of data. How can I clear up 2gb of space and now I am even more short on storage? I decided to run sudo shutdown -h now and turn my mac back on 5 mins later to resolve the issue, however I was still missing storage. At this point I am slightly frustrated and clear up about 26gb of space of dead files I dont need anymore and think to myself "surely it must work now". Nope. Now I am short 2.6gb of storage even though I have about 40gb of space cleared up. is there something I am missing? I have cleared my caches and made sure my trash is empty. It would be much appreciated if someone help me. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/_ThisIsABadName_
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] How to virtualize an existing installation of Mac OS?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 09:02 AM PDT

    How might I convert an existing installation of Mac OS (say Yosemite or Sierra for example) to run in a virtual machine such as Patallels, VMWare, or Virtual Box? I have Carbon Copy Cloner and can make a backup into a disk image if that would be a way to start. Which VM product is best for this and how should I go about the conversion? The resulting VM should run under Mojave host operating system. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tk_ios
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestion for a boot rescue software such as Hirens for Windows?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    Updates with FileVault

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    Did a security update on my MBP the other night, took a long time, but finished, rebooted to login screen, I chose Shutdown at the bottom since it was late. The next morning I turn on my MBP, login, and the next thing I get is an error telling me that macOS could not be installed because installer resources could not be found, quit installer and reboot your computer. This was a never ending loop. Next I decided to perform a reinstall thinking files got corrupted. Did a command-R on boot, select install, all is good then I get to the screen to select hard drive, I select it, click continue, and it just hangs. I click on the HD icon, it says FireVault is decrypting. So I leave it, and nothing all day.

    Does FileVault cause issues with updates with reboot? What can I do at this point? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Spark804
    [link] [comments]

    I have exported some photos from the eponymous app, but somehow pictures that have been exported earlier have the greater number in their name (26 мая is for 26 May and 24 апреля is for 24 April). What am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2019 03:14 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel