• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 11, 2019

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for June 10, 2019

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for June 10, 2019


    New App Discovery Thread for June 10, 2019

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 11:10 AM PDT

    Welcome to our weekly stickied App thread! This is a new idea so please feel free to offer your feedback about this thread or the subreddit in general in the comments. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit please contact the moderators directly.

    This thread is intended to help members of the /r/iphone community get informed about new apps that are out there. App developers may also use this thread to make users aware that their new app exists.

    Please sort comments by 'new' to find questions/information that would otherwise be buried.

    In this thread you can ask any iOS app related question that you may have. Anyone may offer advice on any issue.

    Two examples of potential questions could be; "How do I learn to code an app?", or "How is app pricing determined?"

    Developers, please include as much information about your app as possible, including size, price, release info, and anything else people request.

    We also have an official Discord Server you can join if you would like to discuss topic related to apps with other members of this sub.

    Finally, please stick to reddiquette and keep your comments on topic and substantive. Thanks for participating.

    Ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iOS & iPhone Support Thread - [28th May, 2019]

    Posted: 27 May 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    Hey r/iPhone and welcome to the weekly /r/iPhone iOS & iPhone Support Megathread.

    Have a question? Need help with iOS? Problem with your device? This is the place to ask. Posts criticizing or praising iOS/iPhones are fine. Feature explanations/requests are fine. There'll be a new thread every week. If anyone has questions, please leave them below. We also have a Discord server you can join if you need assistance with your device or have questions regarding iOS/iPhone in general, we have experienced Apple support staff & enthusiasts with vast iOS/iPhone knowledge.

    Link: discord.gg/iphone

    Note: Comments sorted by new, by default.

    submitted by /u/SuitingUncle620
    [link] [comments]

    Oddly satisfying

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 01:54 AM PDT

    Here is a clip from WWDC design session talking about why Apple is removing '3D Touch' in favor of 'Contextual Menu'. Because 'Contextual Menu' works on *all devices*

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 09:12 AM PDT

    Best podcasts app for iPhone?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:27 AM PDT

    iPhone X 64gb vs iPhone XR 128Gb

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    Hi, so I'm looking to upgrade from an iPhone 7 128Gb, which was lost and insurance is replacing, the phones above are both going at the same price. I need to decide which I should go for. I get there's differences in processor, dual vs single camera, OLED vs LCD.

    1) Is there difference that marked between the two. 2) Would I be losing a lot if I got the single camera 3) Is the processor that much slower in the X? 4) Is the screen resolution difference that visible between the two?

    submitted by /u/immortalthabang
    [link] [comments]

    Desktop background quality pic from my iPhone XS Max?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    Location Services - which apps SHOULD and SHOULDN'T have access?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 05:01 AM PDT

    I am curious if, as a community, we could come up with some tips as far as which popular apps should have access either ALWAYS, WHILE USING THE APP, NEVER or ASK.

    I guess I am looking for that "sweet spot" where there is balance between getting the most from the app tech available to us and protecting our privacy.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/RealAnthonyCamp
    [link] [comments]

    is the SE still worth it?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    i cant afford much and just want to know if the SE is worth buying in 2019?

    submitted by /u/nest5900
    [link] [comments]

    On iOS13 long pressing on an empty space should trigger wiggle mode, so long pressing App icons will only trigger “3D Touch”

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 11:20 PM PDT

    Wouldn't this make much more sense. Now you have two actions for the same sort of press. Haptic Touch is a great replacement, but they should get rid of the wiggle mode for iOS13 as a long press action on the app shortcut.

    What's your idea?

    submitted by /u/KyojinKarate
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to have Reminders set on your lock screen? Would be really handy.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    Apple Pay now live in The Netherlands (ING Bank)

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    TIL you can copy/paste back and forth between an offline device and an online device

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:20 AM PDT

    I'm able to copy/paste stuff from my iPhone on cellular data to my iPad, which is offline. I can also copy/pasta from the offline iPad to my phone as well. Works with images and text. Really cool. Probably has something to do with Bluetooth

    submitted by /u/Abstractt_
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be interesting to see average battery consumption for apps in the App Store?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    Is Apple Pay Cash ever coming to the UK?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    Airing a Grievance

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    Hello iPhone users. Just wanted to share with you an experience I had yesterday at the Apple Genius Bar and wondering if maybe any of you have experienced this as well. I purchased my iPhone X through TMobile in May 2018, brand new. I paid it off a month ago and switched carriers as well as phones. I have had a phone case as well as a glass screen protector on this phone since day one and have had no major drop instances. A few days ago the phone turned off and didn't turn on again. I tried everything I could before ultimately having to bring it in. Soft reset. Hard reset. Putting it in DFU mode. Trying to have iTunes recognize it on a PC. Nothing worked. I bring it in yesterday and they do a diagnostics test on the phone and all they could tell me was that it was never going to turn on again and there was nothing they could do aside from charging me $550.00 to replace it with a brand new phone. Is it just me or is that completely insane and ridiculous? I've had my iPhone 6 plus since the day it came out and the damn thing is still working even after I did a screen replacement myself on it. I was completely in shock and awe that there was nothing more they could do for me. Just want to see if this has happened to anyone else and if there was another route you took to fix the situation. Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/TinderTimeTraveler
    [link] [comments]

    I made an AI for your Music app.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:23 AM PDT

    Hello r/iphone

    TDLR: I made an AI that recommends playlist songs for you. Swipe right to add it, swipe left to skip.

    I am the developer of the music stats app snd.wave. Recently I have been working on something big for Apple Music and iTunes.

    I have a big library(>3000 songs), I constantly feel like I have nothing to play and making playlists is kinda a pain. Especially when I'm leaving for work or put on the spot to play some music from my phone.

    I built Mix.It to fix this. Mix.It uses the same core for music stats from snd.wave combined with AI and machine learning to build playlists.

    Here is how Mix.It works.

    Step 1: Press new mix and add some hints. Hints can be anything, a song, album, artist or genre.

    Step 2: Press add songs. Mix.It will then build a neural network based on your music listening habits and those hints.

    Step 3: Swipe! Mix.It will show you a stack of songs on cards. Swipe right to add to the playlist. Swipe left to skip to the next recommendation.

    Step 4: Press play. That's it.

    Mix.It also has a full music player, that adapts its theme to the now playing artwork and supports viewing your full library like any music player app. (Along with advanced library sorting and filters)

    Mix.It also supports Smart Playlists with filters like iTunes. To build one just press add "New Smart Mix"

    There is a lot more to Mix.It too, including exports to the music app/Apple Music and iCloud sharing. Please let me know what you think and if anyone would like a free copy of "Pro" please send me a PM.

    Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/rzzy6at

    Mix.It link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mix-it/id1448218556?mt=8

    Thank you for reading,

    u/LukeK-dev

    submitted by /u/LukeK-Dev
    [link] [comments]

    Insert Data from Picture is now available in the latest Excel update on iPhone

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    What are the best cases for an 8+?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    Capacitive home button users with a case (iPhone 7/8) do you ever notice problems with your home button while it’s charging? When mine is plugged in with the case on, Touch ID slows down drastically and sometimes doesn’t work, and it sometimes registers one click as two.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 08:59 AM PDT

    The screen also loses responsiveness. This problem seems to have started since I bought a new case. Does anyone out there know what might be causing this issue?

    submitted by /u/EhrHD
    [link] [comments]

    Offer up scam. Can I pursue legally?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    About a year ago (possibly longer) I purchased an IPhone 8 Plus (256g) on offer up for $500. The Seller, who we're gonna call Billy, sold it fairly cheap bc he was in some financial trouble and just needed some quick cash. I met Billy up and I tested the phone out on the spot. It's just as listed. And it's unlocked, No Icloud lock, And best of all its paid off! Or so I thought! :O So it turns out he reported this phone stolen not long to after to his carrier Xfinity Mobile . I have messages from Offer Up where he's telling me the phone is clean and everything. I ended of finding him on Social media since he changed his phone number and no longer responds on Offer up.

    What'smy best way to approach his situation?

    Obviously I would just like to use the phone. but the $500 wouldn't be bad to have back. Please help! :)

    submitted by /u/Deidreims
    [link] [comments]

    Mous Case Card Wallet

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    Anyone here picked up the mous card wallet? https://www.mous.co/collections/case-add-ons/products/card-wallet

    What did you think? It's kinda pricey for what it is, but I'm curious if its a solid add on. I'm concerned that it creates a hump if you lie your phone on its back.

    submitted by /u/psilo44
    [link] [comments]

    Which iPhone to get

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    I'm an android guy, and know little to nothing about iPhone. My SO has an iPhone 6s that needs to be set free to rest in peace. I'm trying to help her find a new iPhone, and don't know whether to get the X, XS, or XR. She barely uses the phone for anything other than text, calls, and FaceTime. She wants the latest and greatest for support, but saw bad reviews for the XS. I think the XR would be best, but price isn't an issue. Have issues with the XS been ironed out, or would the XR be a better choice? Help me /r/iPhone you're my only hope

    submitted by /u/SwiftDickington
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel