• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 12, 2019

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 06/12

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 06/12


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 06/12

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 06/12

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    After 8 years since I bought my first my first Apple product - an iPad 2 - and 3 years of lusting after the Pros, I finally got the 12.9" iPad Pro. Can't wait for iPadOS!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:21 AM PDT

    Just noticed the Apple Pencil can attach magnetically to the Smart Keyboard Folio!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    Atmos support on ipados. What does this mean?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 04:50 AM PDT

    So with Atmos support coming in ios13, does this just mean codec support? Or does it mean virtual surround headphone support?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Monoraptor
    [link] [comments]

    Bent iPad - do I return

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    I just received the 11 inch iPad after months of saving up. There's an ever so slight bend in it. The screen seem to dip in then come back out. It is very slight but I don't know if it's worth sending it back or just deal with it. Sorry if this has already been posted.

    submitted by /u/thejimster123
    [link] [comments]

    When is it the right time to buy a new iPad Pro?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    I'm interested in picking up an iPad Pro with a USB-C port : I currently have the iPad Pro 9.7" which I use sparingly but that's largely been due to the things I couldn't do due to the lack of USB-C.

    I've just picked up a $25 dollar keyboard for my current one and I have to say the keyboard really changes the device. I can actually see myself using it far more now. I'm even posting this from my new keyboard!

    I use lightroom and do a lot of photo editing, and draw using Procreate so USB-C will be very handy for me. The thing is I don't want to buy the latest Pro for fear that it'll soon be made redundant by a newer model. Are there any rumours or news about when a new Pro could be coming?

    I'm also not thrilled about buying a new one given that this one is still quite good but alas that's where we are.

    So when should I buy an updated pro? Should I wait for iPadOS to fully launch? Should I wait til after?

    submitted by /u/bustyLaserCannon
    [link] [comments]

    IPad OS and torrents

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:24 AM PDT

    The one thing I've always wanted to do with my iPad that I could only do with my MacBook was go to torrent sites and download tv shows/movies directly to my device. With the new iPad OS files features will I finally be able to download torrents and play them directly on my iPad?

    Currently have a iPad Pro 11"

    submitted by /u/Etakor365
    [link] [comments]

    Big YouTube channels are recommending that if anyone is getting iPadOS, wait for the public beta. what are your thoughts? I want it mainly for console controller capability, dark mode, keyboard features and multitask.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Apple replaced my almost one year out of warranty iPad Pro free of charge—if your iPad has the bright spot issues, get on Apple support!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    ipadOs + PlayerXtreme = iPad WebDAV server

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    I d ont think it's supposed to do that but since I've installed the beta os my iPad show as a WebDAV server on the server list in the app playerXtreme. I can even read video on my Apple TV and iPhone connected to my iPad with a player connected Neat little extra hope it's not a bug and start that way

    submitted by /u/gustavmalheur
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth 5.0 ipad pro 2018

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    Does it support bluetooth 5.0 the new ipad?

    submitted by /u/luigi_5432
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone tested this set up? (Can Lightning provide enough power to get an SSD running?)

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:27 PM PDT

    iPad Pro can do many things, but it’s also a big battery to charge your other devices

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 11:59 PM PDT

    App suggestions for an electrical designer.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    Hi, as the title says I am looking for an app that can assist me in my work, I need an app that can open edit and save PDF's, it also needs to be able to have saved symbols that I can import when setting up the app and then be able to simply drag and drop them onto each drawing.

    Does anyone know of such an app?

    If anyone has any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Sean_F_123
    [link] [comments]

    Question about charging habits and battery health

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. Proud new owner of an iPad Air 2019. I'm loving it so far.

    I want to make sure I'm charging it in a way that keeps the battery healthy for as long as possible. Any tips?

    Should I avoid leaving it plugged in overnight? Should I use it until it's down to 10-20% before charging? Not quite sure if any of these make a difference. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/inthe415
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro with External Monitor

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    Can you hook up an external monitor to your iPad Pro? With the new iPasOS coming out, I'm thinking about trading in my MacBook Pro and old iPad Pro for the new one and going laptop free.

    submitted by /u/cgresR6
    [link] [comments]

    Woooo

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:26 AM PDT

    IXpand and iPadOS

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 07:07 AM PDT

    So, iPadOS gets a disk on key support, does anyone know if sandisk's ixpand (the one with the lightning port in the end) will work as a external disk without the app on iPad Pro 10.5?

    submitted by /u/htp93
    [link] [comments]

    I recently got a MacBook Pro and iPad Pro. I’ve been playing around with Logic, and found MusicTexhHelpGuy’s videos to be very helpful. Are there any channels like that for Procreate or Affinity Design (iPad)?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:04 PM PDT

    Does Magic keyboard for iPad support 'home button' not by cmd+H?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    So i'm hesitating to buy a magic keyboard 2 for my iPP.

    I'm currently using logitech k380 bluetooth keyboard.

    in this keyboard, there is a separate function key for go to the Home screen and if i press this button twice, i can go to app switcher.

    But i figured out that i cannot go to app switcher by pressing the shortcut 'cmd+H' twice.

    anyway

    is there a key for 'go to the home screen' (not cmd+H) in magic keyboard2 ?

    if so, i guess it is in F3 to F6.

    i need this feature to trigger app switcher (rectangle tiles) by using bluetooth keyboard.

    submitted by /u/Garten94
    [link] [comments]

    Playerxtreme can't cast to chromecast. Any help?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 05:29 AM PDT

    I have the paid version of the app. Can't cast videos I have saved in Photos folder to my chromecast. Netflix/YouTube work fine though. Searching on Google did not provide any help at all.

    The reason I want to use this app is because it can download subtitles easily. My current workaround is to mirror my screen. This does work, but the video displayed does not cover my full TV screen due to the resolution difference.

    submitted by /u/raptorized
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding the new iPad OS external storage compatibility

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 11:49 PM PDT

    The most recent external storage compatibility news in the upcoming iPad OS definitely hyped me up as my video editing needs felt limited because of my iPad lacking such features, however I was wondering which SSD hard drives will be compatible as I'm looking to purchase one soon, I've seen a couple videos in which they connected several random hard drives using adapters, and the iPad read all of them , but after reading a bit about how some hard drives require formatting to work with Mac as the standard is Windows, and how some aren't at all compatible with the Mac OS, so I naturally don't want to make a mistake and spend money when I'm not 100% sure of my purchase. Hopefully someone in here knows better, has anyone with the iPad OS beta tried this out?

    submitted by /u/Y-AxelMtz
    [link] [comments]

    I rarely recommend anything, but I do recommend this case.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    Has anyone had this problem with their iPad Smart Folio?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    I had my iPad Pro w/ Smart Folio Case in my backpack and when I took it out, the fabric had started to tear from the top (as shown in picture). I have a feeling it was from the heat since I was outside with it all day. If anyone has had similar experiences please let me know! Image

    submitted by /u/AndersonFader
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel