• Breaking News

    Monday, June 17, 2019

    iPhone It works like a charm! #onlyapple

    iPhone It works like a charm! #onlyapple


    It works like a charm! #onlyapple

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 01:22 AM PDT

    AppleCare paid for itself today!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 11:18 PM PDT

    I've had my phone for a month shy of two years now and the battery is on its way out. I also have new device fever but it's not fiscally responsible rn, so I decided to switch out the battery instead.

    I head down to the apple store and they give me the spiel: the battery is covered because I have AppleCare (great!) but if they pop the chassis and there's any water damage, I can choose to keep the phone as is or pay $129 for a new phone.

    I nod politely because other than a shattered screen protector, the phone is in perfect shape (mostly because of that screen protector).

    I come back an hour later and the apple lady gives me an apologetic smile and tells me there was something wrong, so it'll be another fifteen minutes.

    Uh...

    I come back fifteen minutes later. The Genius Bar guy explains to me that when they cracked the chassis, there was something weird going on so they just gave me the same phone, brand new, no cost to me.

    It was like going to the doctor with a slight rash, finding out it was flesh eating bacteria, and walking out with a new body.

    Device fever cured!

    Anyway, has anybody else had good experiences with their AppleCare? I'm always pro-warranties like that.

    submitted by /u/my_lez_account
    [link] [comments]

    Kuo on 2020 iPhones: 5.4-Inch and 6.7-Inch Models With 5G, 6.1-Inch Model With LTE, All With OLED Displays

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:18 AM PDT

    Left or right?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    Looks like WhatsApp is preparing for IOS 13 Haptic Touch

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    why does this keep popping up? i have activated my phone, it pops up almost everyday

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 01:04 AM PDT

    one of my least favorite things of iOS 12

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 07:22 AM PDT

    Opinion on the notch

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:44 AM PDT

    For the x series owners, does the notch ever bother you? Did it ever? What changed?

    submitted by /u/dvdmakau
    [link] [comments]

    White bar at the bottom of the screen while using Apple Pay

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    The home button bar should go away when taking a screenshot

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:28 AM PDT

    Is it possible to set notifications from apps to ONLY VIBRATE on an iPhone, while simultaneously allowing all phone calls to ring and vibrate?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 08:07 AM PDT

    It's a rather simple question, but I can't figure out how to do this.

    In order for all phone calls to ring and vibrate, the following settings have to be in place:

    1. The "Ring/Silent" switch on the left side of the phone has to be on.
    2. The "Vibrate on Ring" switch has to be turned on, in Settings > Sounds > "Vibrate on Ring."
    3. The sounds and vibrations needs to be set in Settings > Sounds > Ringtone.

    Here's the problem: if the "Ring/Silent" switch on the left side of the phone is on, then notifications from apps can't only vibrate; they have to make the accompanying sound.

    I would like my phone to vibrate when I get notifications from Messenger or Gmail, but it can get annoying when the notifications make the accompanying sounds as well.

    submitted by /u/NormalIsBoring1
    [link] [comments]

    Found out about this website called “Wayback Machine”. When the iPhone 2G came out, I was only 5 & knew nothing about its release. So today, I decided to travel back in time to see Apples website on June 30, 2007

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    Dropped phone on corner. The bezel of the corner is now damaged and emits light from the inside of display. Would a repair for this be considered a cracked screen repair at the Apple store? (Top layer is just a screen protector)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    KUO ON 2020 IPHONES: 5.4 INCH AND 6.7 INCH MODELS WITH 5G, 6.1 INCH MODEL WITH LTE. ALL WITH OLED

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    Israeli tech company says it can break into all iPhones ever made, some Androids

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    Helps smooth out buffering when using the facetime.

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 04:21 AM PDT

    I’m new to iOS

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 06:21 PM PDT

    As the title says I'm new & I can't believe I haven't been with Apple in all the years I had a smartphone (Android)

    I love how the OS runs, everything is smooth & fast. The applications are so much better, iMessage is amazing! Not to mention of elegant the iPhone looks, it feels premium in the hands.

    So I got the iPhone X about a week ago, my service provider offered a device upgrade, I had a few options. It came down to the XR & the X, I choose the X because it's more "Premium" of the two. I don't think I can ever go back to Android lol

    submitted by /u/LexiRoseJoy
    [link] [comments]

    Added a card to Apple Pay and never noticed a “express transit” option!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 11:24 PM PDT

    Found my old 5S Yikes

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    How to change user-agent on browser

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 06:14 AM PDT

    Hello I wanted to know if it was possible to change how your user agent looks on search engines like Safari.

    submitted by /u/_openworld_
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone WiFi hotspot, using WiFi only (no data)

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:46 AM PDT

    I'm going away to a camp with my iPhone and laptop. I will be allowed WiFi for my phone but as they put the password in themselves I won't be able to have it for my laptop. I can see two solutions now:

    1) Find a way to use my phone as a hotspot using the WiFi (not my data, as I've found the hotspot option already does)

    2) Find a way to get the password that was typed in and stored on my phone

    I found this post on the first idea, but it was inconclusive. If there are any methods for either potential solutions please help and post.

    submitted by /u/mtrojak2
    [link] [comments]

    Emergency Bypass - Nighttime only?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    The Emergency Bypass feature is great, as it forces your phone to ring even when on DND or silent, but the problem I have with it is that it ALWAYS will have the contact ring, even when it is not actually an emergency.

    So if my sister called me at 2pm, whatever, she probably just wants to talk, so I don't need it to ring out loud. But if she calls me at 2 am, there is definitely some sort of problem and I need my phone to wake me up.

    Is there a way to make the Emergency Bypass feature only work during certain hours? IE when I'm asleep and will not hear or feel vibrations?

    submitted by /u/TheOriginalSuperman
    [link] [comments]

    Fast charging

    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 03:17 AM PDT

    So i just ordered an iphone 8. It has the fast charging, but apple (atleast here) charges 80€ (adapter+cable) to utilise it. So i was just wondering that if i buy just some cheaper 30w adapter, does it work and will it damage anything? Help very much appreciated because i am not spending 80€ just for faster charging. :)

    submitted by /u/YeezyInTheHouse_2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel