• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 16, 2019

    Apple Macbook Safari vs Chrome vs Firefox

    Apple Macbook Safari vs Chrome vs Firefox


    Safari vs Chrome vs Firefox

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    Which one out of the three is your default browser and why?

    submitted by /u/LukieInTheSix
    [link] [comments]

    Is it pointless to get a MacBook Pro rather than Air if you just use it for browsing the internet?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 12:05 PM PDT

    I'm trying to decide which to get. This will be my first expensive laptop purchase and first MacBook so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to spend a few extra hundred dollars for the Pro. Is the Touch Bar and 2.3 GHz over 1.6 GHz worth it?

    If the Pro is worth it, Best Buy has the 2019 MBP on sale right now for $1,649 and I have found the 2018 for $1,549. Has anyone seen the 2019 model on sale for cheaper than this? And would the extra $100 be worth the 2019 version? Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/plzhelpme888
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2018 vs Macbook Air 2013?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 10:52 PM PDT

    So I'm due to get a new computer because I'm starting university soon. I could go the whole hog and buy a brand new Macbook Air latest model, but it's quite a large amount- $1700 where I live. And money is an issue at the moment. On the other hand, I can take over my sister's years old Air (at least 5-6 years?), replace the battery for $200, and have her transfer all her files into an external drive.

    So do you think the old Macbook Air will survive another...3 years at least? I'm just an average user, no gaming, mostly email / notes / youtube / surfing. Or should I buy a new laptop which will definitely last 4 years of uni and beyond?

    Coming from a tech noob here, owning an Air has been my dream since forever. Would appreciate any advice :)

    submitted by /u/scouht
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Boot Error

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 10:15 PM PDT

    MacOS Boot Error

    I hope I am able to explain the problem accurately and with sufficient detail. The problem started with the flashing folder at boot up. I used the Command + r option to get into recovery mode.

    When I try to reinstall OS-X, I get stuck here with no option to select a disk:

    https://i.redd.it/sdc8l88mou431.jpg

    When I go to the Disk Utility, I can only see this, which I guess is the recovery system. I can't see any other disk:

    https://i.redd.it/rmik08zqou431.jpg

    If I go to File => Disk Image then more folders are visible as seen below:

    https://i.redd.it/0s54kz8tou431.jpg

    The weirdest part is that if I now restart the system, it boots properly to the OS and works fine with all data intact. But the flashing folder comes back if I let the system sleep, close the laptop, or restart it again. And I have repeated this cycle 5-6 times now. Below some more pictures of restarting and booting up:

    https://i.redd.it/kvc9el6vou431.jpg

    https://i.redd.it/76omi9pvou431.jpg

    Can anyone help me understand what's going on? Please let me know if any more details are required. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Oxyscapist
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone gotten an outlook.com email working in the mac mail app?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    I have message syncing working fine, but my account(s) don't work when trying to send mail out.

    Cannot send message using the server error pops up everytime.

    submitted by /u/House_of_Gucci
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Macbook for Student

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    Yesterday, I purchased a 12 inch MacBook 2017 because my old MacBook Pro was having battery issues and I ultimately decided I could pass it on to my mom after replacing the battery as she needs a laptop for photo and video editing and I have never used my laptop for those functions. So far, I like the MacBook 12 inch that I purchased, but I am wondering if it is a good laptop to have as a college student who would use it for word processing, internet browsing, watching Netflix, occasionally playing Spotify. I don't do anything intense on my laptop, but I do use it a lot. Basically, I am just wondering if this laptop is a good primary computer for a student because I still could return it and look into other options. Any input is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/rugirl_07
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to set up a monitor

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    Have a 2018 Macbook pro and am looking to purchasing this monitor. Am wondering what cables I needed to have a dual monitor set up and perhaps a set up where I run the Macbook on the monitor white the laptop is closed.

    submitted by /u/siiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    [link] [comments]

    Running ClamXAV in the background?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:43 PM PDT

    Malwarebytes found a few things on my MBPro last night (first time, ever), and I want to do a full scan of all drives with ClamXAV. But this seems like it is going to take hours. Can I let the thing run in the background? Or does it need to be open, in the foreground, with the laptop getting no sleep? Shall I set it to run overnight and come back to it in the morning?

    submitted by /u/SpiceCake68
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an 11 inch Macbook Air

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm getting my first apple laptop ever. I was thinking about getting an old 11 inch one since I don't plan on spending more than 500usd. Even though the 11 inch has many drawbacks (old screen, old processor) it suits my needs pretty well as a secondary machine. The thing is, I was deciding between the early 2013 model (i5-4250U) and the 2015 (i5-5250U) models which don't seem to change that much, the processor is only 9% better, the ram is the same and the battery life doesn't seem to improve that much either. Besides long term support are there any other reasons why I should choose the newer model?

    submitted by /u/Oc7a
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2019

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:47 AM PDT

    So I'm buying a 2019 MacBook Pro with the 8 - core 9th generation Intel Core i9 processor, 32 GB of 2400MHz DDR4 ram, Radeon Pro Vega 20 with 4GB of HBM2 memory and 2 TB SSD storage and I was wondering if anyone else that has this configuration would recommend it. If so, what games is it capable of running? I've seen some video and some other people have said that it can run some games, but can I run games like GTA, Call of Duty, or Skyrim?

    submitted by /u/AppleWars66
    [link] [comments]

    Mac OS 10.15 beta!!!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    Today my MacBook stop charging and wondering if this has happened to someone, failing that it must be the port broken to charge the MacBook?

    Running 10.15 had not many issues until today happened today.

    submitted by /u/tomJune1997
    [link] [comments]

    Need help ASAP

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    Hi people of reddit. I have a 2018 MacBook Air and I love it but I can't afford it so I returned it. I used it for video editing and Netflix/YouTube. I was thinking of buying a 2013 MacBook Air or Pro. Does it work well for video editing and or Netflix and YouTube.

    submitted by /u/Wrstonel
    [link] [comments]

    The old age question...Space Grey or Silver Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:32 AM PDT

    This is a thread for anyone wishing to discuss the colors and for those planning to buy one not knowing which one to go for.

    I have been using the Space Grey Macbook Pro (2017) for work for the past 8 months. It's a great shade and looks very sleek, and of course carries the status of it being a relatively new Macbook.

    But I gotta say - the space grey finish really picks up fingerprints. On the lid in particular it really shows up marks. I find myself with a lint cloth cleaning it regularly despite it sitting on my coffee table 24/7. Has anyone found this with the Silver one?

    I've also seen multiple people regretting buying the Space Grey due to fading and it easily showing scuff marks. No one wants to drop over a grand on a laptop that is going to look worse for wear in a couple of years despite caring for it. I've heard the Silver doesn't do this as much. Can anyone confirm?

    Which color do you prefer?

    submitted by /u/yourkberley
    [link] [comments]

    2015 13" Macbook Pro

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm thinking if getting the aforementioned macbook, as my friend owns one and he recommends it. Would it be ok for basic high school stuff, and a bit of video/image editing?

    submitted by /u/IowsurferYT
    [link] [comments]

    Should I change the battery ?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 05:25 AM PDT

    Hello everyone !

    I got myself as a gift a mid-2012 macbook pro retina 15" and it works great !

    It has 16GB RAM and an ssd 750GB (or 700GB can't remember).

    The issue is, you guessed it, the battery life. Its terrible. So I was considering buying a new one and installing it. I think it costs about 89,95 € the kit, with the dissolvant.

    My question is : it it worth doing so ? The disassembly is not easy, as I have to disasemble literaly every piece of that macbook to reach for the battery. The benefit would that I could at the same time apply some new thermal paste to improve the terrible heat dissipation.

    The macbook itself is in great condition minus the small, barely noticeable, back horizonzal bars on the lower portion of the screen. (Due to overheat I think) Those bars are pratically invisible as long as you don't pay attention. Also some colors seem to affect them more than others.

    Thanks guys :)

    submitted by /u/Umuchique
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting to external monitor.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    Hey everyone.

    I would like to connect my 13 inch 2014 MacBook Air to a DisplayPort monitor. What is the best way to do this?

    submitted by /u/Dex-Max
    [link] [comments]

    Weird creaking from MacBook's baseplate

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 05:10 AM PDT

    Hi, I currently have a 2016 MacBook Pro 13" non Touch Bar.

    Whenever I pick it up or press on the baseplate it seems to make a sort of creaking/popping noise.

    Does anyone else have a MacBook Pro that does this? Is it just a trade off for having an all aluminium construction? Or should I take it in to see if the screws need tightening?

    submitted by /u/MrSharkington
    [link] [comments]

    Jumping Back on a Macbook

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 01:34 AM PDT

    Hi Guys!

    Last year my old, and beloved, macbook pro 13" base model with 16GB of RAM and 245 GB SSD from 2012 died (kind of, needed a new battery and the keyboard was broker) so i decided that buying a mac was out of the question and i choose a windows laptop. I currently have an Acer Swift 3 with an i7 8550u, 12 GB of ram and 128+240 GB of SSD.

    Not that the new pc is bad per se, BUT, the build quality is a little wonky, i can't get accustumed with windows 10 (which by the way is mile away from what it was years ago), and the plastic trackpad is not that good. And so i came to the conclusion that i really want to go back to a Macbook. But what to should i buy? My PC is used manly for surfing the web, a little bit of photoshop aaaannd that's it.

    Should i get a '17 Macbook pro 13" or a new Macbook Air? Should i go with 8Gb of RAM or with 16? I would love a pc that will last at least 4/5 year, my old macbook lasted that long because of upgradability, and as we know nothing is permitted on new apple's machines.

    Keep in mind that i'm trying to sell my current pc and looking for the base model macbook air with 8Gb of ram ad 128 SSD but maybe i should get some models with 256 SSD.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/SignorCornetto
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel