• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 16, 2019

    Apple Help iMac stuck in a boot loop. Am I hosed? Tried command, optio, p, r, but it will not bring up any boot options.

    Apple Help iMac stuck in a boot loop. Am I hosed? Tried command, optio, p, r, but it will not bring up any boot options.


    iMac stuck in a boot loop. Am I hosed? Tried command, optio, p, r, but it will not bring up any boot options.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 05:01 PM PDT

    I need a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adaptor: Is there a "generic" version I can buy?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    Apple's adaptors are so damn expensive.

    submitted by /u/doctortalk
    [link] [comments]

    Texting notification issue - Time paradox

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I keep my iphone time 5 minutes in advance with respect to real time since I am chronically late. Sometimes when I am too much on a rush this is enough to fool me and it makes me go a little faster. Bottomline I would like to keep this as is.

    The problem comes to texting. When people are answering me the time stamp on their text is actually the real time thus their message is displayed before mine if they respond within 5 minutes from my text. This implies that the system does not recognize the text as new and does not trigger the notification. Because of this paradox I have lost many important texts.

    Is there any way to keep the time as is on my iphone (i.e. 5 mins after the real time) but have the iphone sending me notifications for the texts as described above?

    Thank you all

    submitted by /u/matte9i
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn my airdrop on?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    iPhone 8, iOS 12.3.1

    Hard pressing on the control center shows a grey airdrop icon with "receiving off" under it. I can't select it. Everything I've found online says go to settings > general > airdrop...but I have no airdrop under my general settings. So where is it? How do I turn it on?

    submitted by /u/cassygrace
    [link] [comments]

    I’m having trouble reinstalling macOS on my Macbook Air 2011. Any advice?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 02:09 AM PDT

    Can I have a new Apple ID with a new iPad right out of the box?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    I'm getting organized for work with a new iPad Mini 5 coming my way soon. I want to use a new Apple ID for this and keep my work data and personal separate.

    • I think I'm using my work phone number for creating my Apple ID which already has my personal Apple ID. Will this create a conflict? Is it possible to create an Apple ID without a phone number?

    • Otherwise, I can use my personal phone which is an Android (samsung s7 active).

    submitted by /u/iLickVaginalBlood
    [link] [comments]

    App Store problem

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    I am having trouble trying to buy an app. It's making me use my credit card (I believe because it's making me double click the off button), and I want to use my Apple Balance. I can't remove my credit card because it's under family sharing. Please I need some answers. Will it use my credit card or my Apple balance?

    submitted by /u/okokie67
    [link] [comments]

    Texting notification issue - Time paradox

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I keep my iphone time 5 minutes in advance with respect to real time since I am chronically late. Sometimes when I am too much on a rush this is enough to fool me and it makes me go a little faster. Bottomline I would like to keep this as is.

    The problem comes to texting. When people are answering me the time stamp on their text is actually the real time thus their message is displayed before mine if they respond within 5 minutes from my text. This implies that the system does not recognize the text as new and does not trigger the notification. Because of this paradox I have lost many important texts.

    Is there any way to keep the time as is on my iphone (i.e. 5 mins after the real time) but have the iphone sending me notifications for the texts as described above?

    Thank you all

    submitted by /u/matte9i
    [link] [comments]

    Text messages are glitchy

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:21 PM PDT

    There's this group chat I'm a part of and for some reason it makes all the texts appear to come from the same person making it seem as if they are talking by themselves also, more than half of the stuff people text I don't receive is there any fix to this?

    submitted by /u/TallGlassSmartWater
    [link] [comments]

    What Mac-on-Mac virtualization is likely to work well on macOS Catalina host with a macOS Mojave client and USB device support? Open to any ideas.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 09:03 PM PDT

    I like to use the old El Gato EyeTV USB stick, which is an ATSC television tuner, but its software is 32-bit. It works well on Mojave but obviously won't work on Catalina. Can regular VMWare or Parallels do this? What about Parallels Light from the app store? Could even VirtualBox do it? Essentially I'm asking what are the limitations of Mac on Mac Virtualization regarding USB hardware?

    submitted by /u/savoytruffle
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID not found

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    Why can't I find my Apple ID anymore ?

    I've been trying to log in into my Apple ID for the past month but I wasn't able to since I don't have my old phone number and the two step verification won't let me do anything unless I have the number.

    Now that I had a chance to try again it's tell me it can't find the Apple ID? Any opinions on this ?

    submitted by /u/hataio
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I delete my Photo library in my mac?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 08:14 PM PDT

    Soooooo, another one from Apple...

    Today i decided to export all my photos in the amazing Photos app which of course are backed up and safe in iCloud as chosen by myself in the Photos app preferences which supposedly will free 30Gb storage in my MacBook. See link 1. Of course this downloaded all the pictures and I was OK with this because I exported unmodified full size photos and I only had the efficient files . Photos put them in the folder I indicated and I moved it to my external drive and delete local folder and then cleaned the Trash . Fine, amazing, great. In the morning today I did a lot of storage juggle because I am going to need quite a bit of space in around 24 hours.

    Checked my storage and it was low, I checked and the Photos library (link 2) is consuming the 30 Gbs of the photos downloaded earlier today which I though Apple devs would make sure to delete immediately after exporting them if you clearly indicate that you want to optimize space in the fucking preferences of the fucking Photos. Maybe they will be deleted later or something but turns out I have no the time.

    So, will deleting this Photo Library delete the pictures in iCloud Photos or exclusively the local ones? What I want to avoid is opening my Photos and finding empty space and having to set another libraru and whatnot.

    Thanks for your precious help.

    Link 1: http://imgur.com/gallery/3Cb0wT9 Link 2: http://imgur.com/gallery/WrCaECH

    submitted by /u/eddieafck
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out of mac

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    I changed the user password on my mac and did not put anything in the new password field. I thought this would remove the password functionality. But now it wont let me log in no matter what i do.

    I tried the old password I tried space I tried just pressing enter

    Nothing works. Am i locked out?

    submitted by /u/Mathew_Berrys_Cock
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard options for iMac

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    Just recently got a Logitech MX Master 2s for my iMac and I find it way more comfortable for long use than the Magic Mouse, and now I'm looking for a keyboard to replace my magic keyboard. I know there doesn't seem to be much out there (especially because I'm in Australia so a lot of the Amazon options cost way too much to get over here) but does anyone know of a Mac compatible keyboard that aren't low profile? Potentially with backlighting, but not essential. I just primarily need it to have the correct Mac keyboard layout.

    submitted by /u/naomiksharp
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to tighten clutch on the hinges?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:33 PM PDT

    I have a 2013 macbook pro 13", the hinges feel tight against the display and against the main case. The problem is that the hinge clutch has become loose over the years. Is there any way to tighten anything so that the clutch creates more resistance when moving the screen? Thanks in advance for any tips :)

    submitted by /u/elfoosay
    [link] [comments]

    Can't install Mojave?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I want to install Mojave. My Macbook Pro 2015 is compatible but when I go to the app store and download it, I see the download timer progress to full, but then nothing happens. How do I get this is update?

    submitted by /u/TwoNipperSnappers
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage text notifications not showing up

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    I set the time forward on my iPhone to download a large update on cellular data and while the time was set forward I sent a message. After setting the time back to normal the notifications for that person did not show up at all. Not even the blue unread dot showed up on the conversation. I still get texts from them and calls but never the notifications. All other conversations aren't having this issue. Any fix?

    submitted by /u/UnpaidMortgage
    [link] [comments]

    Will the latest iPod touch(2019) support apple pay, more specifically, apple card?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    As far as I know, in order to properly(such as checking balance and using full feature of it) use Apple card and Apple pay, an iPhone with certain iOS version or above is a criteria.

    So does that mean the iPod touch 2019 won't support apple pay and apple card? What creates confusion, is that iPod touch has a wallet app and I am not sure that really indicates the feature that I am looking for.

    I know the Apple card isn't even available yet. But I don't have any iPhone nor even any Apple product yet. So I want to choose and spend wisely for it.

    Thx in advance and any suggestion would be greatly appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/chan254254
    [link] [comments]

    I had no idea i had to update my mac os manually, i am running yosemite on my late 2013 macbook pro and would like to update.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 02:34 PM PDT

    Will it make my macbook faster if i update to high sierra? And will it free up space or use more space?

    I chose to do high sierra because people say that mojave is not as good on the late 2013 mbpro.

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/Mathew_Berrys_Cock
    [link] [comments]

    Problem regarding an Apple subscription

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    So I purchased tinder plus last month just to try it out and see if it works but I paid for it with a debit card not a credit

    4 days before the subscription was about to get renewed I cancelled it and also removed my payment method (my debit card), My subscription was set to expire yesterday

    I got a little drunk last night and I see that I have a tinder boost available so I didn't think much and used the boost

    But today morning I realised what I did so I went over to my subscriptions page and I see that my tinder subscription has expired yesterday and I haven't been charged anything and I still have tinder plus available

    Any idea what steps should I take next ?

    submitted by /u/zaspock
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting and reinstalling Apple Loops Properly

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    Occasionally, I use the stock sounds from Garageband and Logic Pro X to help with some sound design work. However, I've noticed recently, that I cant find many of the sounds I used to use on my old Macs. I was specifically cinematic sounds, which it now only shows 3, but I'm noticing other sounds are missing too. I'm not sure why, but there's no trace of them anymore.

    I looked it up and try to download and reinstall the Sound Libraries. This has not done anything but bloat my computer and take up precious space without actually solving the problem because I don't see any of the sounds that I noticed were missing.

    I know they're all in the Apple Sound Loops folder, but I can't really differentiate the extras from what the default loops were and don't want to delete things and accidentally mess it up.

    Is there a way to safely delete all Apple Loops and have it reinstall the defaults again? I was running off the defaults before, but unless Apple removed some of them for some reason, many of them aren't present anymore and I just want to reinstall them.

    submitted by /u/Sparky-Man
    [link] [comments]

    Cancelling a purchase

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    I just accidentally made a purchase I did not want to make with the stupid Touch ID system while trying to take a screenshot. The transaction is still pending but I want to cancel it. I've already "contacted" apple support and requested a refund but obviously I didn't get far with their automated system. I'm not sure how to get verification on if they've resolved the issue or not.

    submitted by /u/Cabinet_Juice
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble making a live Apple Watch move move automatically.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 04:05 PM PDT

    As the title says. I make the face a Live Photo, but must press down to make it move, and it won't move automatically. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/JIMBOBJOE123
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade Macbook Pro OR Replace Battery?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    I'm not sure whether I should upgrade or just replace my laptop's battery. Help! I have an early 2015 13" Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display (8GB, 128GB SSD) and I can get $425 for it through Apple. The battery replacement would cost me $200 before taxes and a new Macbook Pro would be $1,300 before taxes or the trade-in credit. Went to the Apple store to see what my options were & my battery passed their test, but it's at a high cycle count and will likely need to be replaced soon. So, I'm thinking about making a decision soon given I want my laptop to pass their tests at trade-in to get that full trade-in value.

    Few things to consider:

    - My laptop has about 3 years of use. Realistically, I would replace my laptop after 4-5 years because I will using a work laptop most of the time.

    - I would be putting myself in slight debt with interest if I were to buy a new laptop, due to my financial circumstances.

    - The repair service for the battery would be 3-5 days and I'm currently studying for an important exam, so that's making life very complicated.

    - I will need to use my laptop for that important exam. So, I need a reliable laptop.

    TL;DR: Good condition Early 2015 Macbook Pro needs new battery. Should I get in debt to get a new laptop or suffer a few days without the laptop, which would hinder my very important study time?

    What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/takemesomewherenicee
    [link] [comments]

    My phone won’t back up anymore because it’s out of storage, but the storage is full of backups. Can I delete the current backups and start a new one?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel