• Breaking News

    Friday, June 14, 2019

    Apple Help What is the point of Apple two factor authentication when the code is displayed on the device you are using to log in with? Confused.

    Apple Help What is the point of Apple two factor authentication when the code is displayed on the device you are using to log in with? Confused.


    What is the point of Apple two factor authentication when the code is displayed on the device you are using to log in with? Confused.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    I don’t know if this is technically Apple related but me and my sister were messaging on iMessage and suddenly this text message came through? She said she didn’t send it. Should I be worried?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:31 AM PDT

    Does anyone know why I get this and how I can fix it?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:24 PM PDT

    Scam? Haven't used apple for years but the account is still there. Support is spelled wrong too. Also "image.png Content-Type: multipart/alternative; b" is in white text just below the picture I don't know if it helps or not.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 12:53 PM PDT

    [Question] Anyone else with an ipad pro 11" have their glass on the top (where camera is) front raised?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:51 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    It only lools like it is raised 1/2 cm or so, its not sharp or anything when finger is rubbed against it. I was wondering if anyone else can notice this on theirs? It is near where the metal and end of the glass meet.

    I could just be crazy lol, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/King-of-Sunny-D
    [link] [comments]

    Can't change language, some settings reset.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:27 PM PDT

    Out of nowhere, i noticed my macbook's language had changed to spanish, since i live in a spanish speaking country, this would be the default setting, however i want it on english, yet the system settings doesn't allow me. I have noticed that some settings reset, like natural scrolling it's turned on every time i turn on the computer, and the auto-correct turns on. Etc. However not all settings reset, my notifications stay the same, saving energy settings stay the same, and no matter what, i can't seem to put the system in english. This happened out of nowhere! i just turned on the computer and it happened, i had similar problems with the dock resetting and safari, in which i solved by deleting the .plist file and restarting the computer, however i can't seem to find a specific .plist file for settings and the one i tried to delete (named "preferences.plist") didn't work. I'm on a macbook pro 13" early 2011 running OS X Sierra 10.12.6 Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Applehelpme92
    [link] [comments]

    2008 Macbook Pro display connector issues (pre unibody)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:09 PM PDT

    So title is basically it. I'm using the laptop mostly as a media computer, and sadly, after repeated connections and disconnections, the display connector seems to have issues.

    Long story short, when I plug something into the port, the laptop will know something got plugged in (it flashes a black/off screen then returns), but you don't have a second display option at all.

    Did the simple checks of detecting displays and a PRAM reset, but the issue is still there.

    Occam's razor says the cable is broken (belkin hdmi converter), but unfortunately I don't have another thing to test it on. Unfortunately I'm not close to an apple store, and the laptop this old isn't under apple care.

    Any tips or suggestions to try and fix this?

    (just in case for any confusion, it's the external display port. The built-in screen works fine)

    submitted by /u/thatsong
    [link] [comments]

    Can the iMac 5k 2019 version support 3200mhz RAM?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    As the title states, is this possible? And is it even worth it? I will be getting a 2019 iMac 5k in the next couple weeks, and am opting for the 8gb of ram as it is very easy to replace myself. What is my best option for that replacement? I want 32gb, I will likely do 2x16gb as opposed to 4x32gb. Any thoughts or suggestions to which brand, type, etc are welcome!

    submitted by /u/discodiscoman
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Update my iPhone 7?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    My iPhone is currently on iOS 10, and I can barely do anything on it. I can't load up Imgur images from links, I can't go on some websites with it being completely white. I've heard that updating your iPhone will slow it down but at this point I'm desperate, should I do it?

    submitted by /u/YeetusMeatusDeletus
    [link] [comments]

    Shared my screen with customer support. We are no longer on the call. Do they still have access to my screen?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    I shared my screen on my phone and computer with customer support to help me connect to my iMessages on my MacBook Air. I initially asked him how I would know he would disconnect from the screen sharing and he said he would let me know right before we hang up the phone. He helped me out with my issue and we quickly hung up the phone without saying anything about ending the screen sharing. This is really concerning to me. How do I know and can verify they no longer have access to my screen?

    MacBook Air macOS Mojave

    And IphoneX

    submitted by /u/d2garcia2238
    [link] [comments]

    Tool to move files into directories by size?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    I'm trying to sort out a batch of files from data recovery software. So there are tens of thousands of files, with numerical filenames (not related to original filenames), in multiple directories. Some of the files are thumbnail images and some are original images and some are movie files.

    To make sorting this out easier, I'd like to sort them out into new folders, like /100MB+, 30-99MB/, 0-29MB etc.

    Yes, I know I could go through each directory, sort by size, and then drag out the files by size but there are hundreds/thousands of directories.

    Does anybody know of a tool to do this? GUI and Mac preferred, but I could also do this on Windows if necessary.

    submitted by /u/hiroo916
    [link] [comments]

    GPS and iphone xr smart battery case

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    suddenly my GPS is not as accurate. on maps the arrow doesn't rotate according to the directions, but the blue dot still works. tried resetting the network settings, redownloading the app and compass, moving phone in figure 8 but it's not working.

    took it out of my iphone xr smart battery case and the arrow revived. had this case from the start and it was working fine since 5 months ago???

    any insights?

    submitted by /u/jxzxzx
    [link] [comments]

    Random verification codes

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:59 PM PDT

    I don't even have an apple account or or any Apple devices but I keep receiving verification codes for an apple account, what should I do?

    submitted by /u/SpartanStensgar
    [link] [comments]

    Powerbeats3 Red-White Flashing Light Problem

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I have had a trusty pair of Powerbeats3 that I've been using for a period of almost 2 years now. They've always been great, but recently I went running, left them down and now when I'm trying to charge them there is initially a sequence of red-white-red-white-red-white flashes from the LED, then it turns off and goes solid red (presumably to indicate that it's charging?)... have tried taking them off the charger and turning them on to no avail, also tried to reset them without success.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/advor
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding a program I accidently installed....

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I recently downloaded and installed a program from a website that I later learned might be unsafe. I can't find the files or application anywhere other than "Installations" in System Information. I want to delete the files as soon as possible in case they have malware within them.

    Thank You!

    submitted by /u/joculardonkey
    [link] [comments]

    How to find original purchase date of Airpods?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:01 PM PDT

    I purchased my Airpods in 2017 sometime in May, June or July but I can't remember the exact date. I'm having some major connectivity issues with them and I want to see if Apple could fix/replace them but I'm not sure if they're still under warranty. I've looked through my bank statements, Apple purchase history, PayPal history and emails but I can't find the information I'm looking for.

    Is there a way to look up when my Airpods where bought using the serial number or something similar?

    submitted by /u/FrozenLizard17
    [link] [comments]

    Shared iCloud storage with family, see all iCloud family photos on Mac

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:32 PM PDT

    I have a large iCloud storage account that I use for myself that has a ton of free space that I'd like to share with my wife. I can do this, but the problem is that all of her photos in iCloud remain tied to each individual Apple ID, and I can only see my personal photos on the Mac Photos app.

    Is there a way to make both sets of photos available on Mac? My wife and I like to browse our entire family photo library. Today, I don't share iCloud with her and I manually connect her phone to my Mac via USB and import her photos into my library. It'd just be better if this happened automatically somehow.

    submitted by /u/shawncberg
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for the Home and Work options to always show up when you click search in Google Maps?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    It's very annoying when you have to type h-o-m and then home finally pops up. And vice versa for work. I figured it'd be more intuitive.

    submitted by /u/deja_vuduu
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot reinstall OS X Mavericks on my old Macbook - tried A LOT of methods but every single one fails!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    I have an old MacBook Unibody Model A1342 2.26 GHz.

    It runs OS X 10.9.5

    Decided to reinstall the OS because the laptop was very slow and I just wanted it to have a fresh install without any bloat.

    So I just did the regular bootup with cmd + R, then deleted the Macintosh HD and prepped it for a reinstall.

    When I try to install from the utilities app, after signing in to the App Store, I get "this item is temporarily unavailable".

    I googled it up and the solution was to log in to icloud before reinstalling. I did so (from the get help online option, that boots up safari), but now the problem is that the computer just gets stuck logging in to iCloud. No matter how long I leave it, it just cannot login to the appstore. I guess this just means this OS is no longer available for download.

    Is there a way to restore my laptop WITHOUT downloading from the appstore? There's no way to fix the above issue, I tried a lot of other random methods on the internet.

    Internet recovery does not work on this macbook.

    I DO NOT have another Mac to create a bootable usb drive. Is there any way to download OS X Mavericks and create a bootable usb drive from Windows? Will it work?

    submitted by /u/MauriCEOMcCree
    [link] [comments]

    I have an old 2009 13" Macbook pro that I'm trying to get running after replacing the hard drive

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    I currently use a newer macbook, but I finally dug out my old mid 2009 13" macbook pro and want to get it up and running. I originally stopped using it because the hard drive failed. I recently bought and installed the new hard drive but now I'm having trouble installing the OS. On my new macbook I was able to go on the app store, download a copy of OSX Mavericks, and then I followed a tutorial to put it onto a bootable USB. The problem is that I plug it in my old macbook, hold OPTION when it's booting up, it takes me to a screen that says "Install OSX Mavericks", I click the button to start the install, but then it goes to a grey screen with "Circle with a diagonal line through it" symbol and just stays there. What am I doing wrong? As far as I can tell, Mavricks should be compatible with my mid 2009 macbook. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Ak1617
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad stuck in recovery/update loop

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    I tried updating my older Ipad. The screen is now stuck saying I need to connect to itunes. My only options are to restore or update. Everytime I try to update I get error code (9) but I can't restore without having to update. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/eburke_4
    [link] [comments]

    Help regarding the usual "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone" error 0xe80000a. (+side question about the Voice Memos)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    Okay, so after a long time without even bothering with iTunes on my windows pc, I had to try it to backup my phone and make space for some stuff. After installing the new iTunes from the Microsoft Store, I was not able to connect to my iPhone 6s at all. It's running iOS 12.3.1, and since I just installed iTunes, I believe it's also on the latest version. n Devices Manager I already tried updating the drivers for USB, USB (other one) ((sorry for this but mine is not in english, but there are 2 USB driver menus)) and the Apple iPhone under Portable Devices. All of them are up to date, but iTunes still shows error 0xE800000A after I allow the pc to access my phone.

    *Edit: corrected error number, title is still wrong.

    submitted by /u/JPLnZi
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to update 2015 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:03 PM PDT

    Hello all, I got a Top Spec Mid 2015 MacBook Pro and last night I tried to update from macOS Mojave V 10.14.3 to V 10.14.5

    What ended up happening is that my computer would restart, show the apple logo and start the update, it'll get about 8/10 on the way there then completed freeze. This constantly happened to I had to reset NVRAM then boot into recovery and which I luckily had an image backup before I initiated the update.

    I tried this several times to the same result (and the last try I left it on for the rest of the night and still froze)

    Now after I did the restore (again) I noticed that now shutting down, restarting and booting up my laptop has gotten a bit slower. I have disabled auto-updates.

    Any ideas what could be the cause?

    MacBook Specs:

    i7-4980HQ, 16GB RAM, M370X, 1TB SSD, 262 Battery Cycles, Model: Mid 2015 15 inch

    Notes:

    I regularly maintain my storage drive (removing unnecessary files) so I have a lot of storage available (currently sitting at 929.69GB of 1TB Available)

    submitted by /u/EstebanMargooski
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring files from GoogleDrive to iCloud

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:33 PM PDT

    Hi folks!

    About a year ago, my old macbook was on the outs and I needed to backup my files quickly - I chose GoogleDrive just because I'd already used google before and frankly just forgot about iCloud. Anyway, the new MacBook Pro I got has less storage than I do files/photos and I'd like to switch to iCloud for backup/storage.

    Is there a way that I can transfer everything I have on GoogleDrive to iCloud WITHOUT putting everything on my laptop (since I don't have enough storage)? Searching Google hasn't been much help - all I can find are outdated how-tos or programs to buy which I'd like to avoid.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/nancydrw
    [link] [comments]

    2018 Macbook Pro + LG 32UL950 Weird problems

    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    Just purchased an LG 32UL950 and connected it to my 2018 Macbook Pro 15" with Radeon Pro 560X and I'm getting no signal message on the monitor. I've tried different ports on both monitor and computer, different thunderbolt 3 cables and still nothing. I'm not sure if the monitor is defective or what's going on. It won't work on a different Mac either. OS is latest version 10.14.5

    So I finally got it to work by resetting the SMC while the monitor is plugged in and everything works fine until I unplug it then it stops being recognized until I reset the SMC again.... Very very frustrating. Anyone else experience this?

    TL;DR New monitor only gets signal after resetting SMC on Mac. Loses signal again and is unusable anytime the thunderbolt cable is unplugged

    submitted by /u/thelesserkilo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel